Yoshi's Infinite (Yoshi's Doom Combo)

B-boyTekken

[09] Warrior
Ok. So I have been up and down these threads and I have yet to see anything on Yoshi's Infinite. Lolo is the only one with video proof that he has mastered it. I mean come on. This is a great tool that we all should master. Now if it is banned from Tournies then there is no need to go on and this thread should be closed but so far I have yet to see anything about infinites banned. I have started playing on stick and was more successful with it than pad. So. In case you are wondering about this so called infinite, it's....

Launcher(enter command here), to 44Bb, 44Bb, and so forth.

This is hard but really. How come none of us are using it. Hilde's damn Doom Combo is an infinite almost. If we can master it and just maybe limit ourselves to 3 hit's, then finish it with a:bk for ring out, then why haven't there been more video's about this? Just curious. Thoughts, Comments, Pro's and Con's welcome and appreciated. Peace.

It's not an infinite and I've posted info about this in the combo section and possibly the general section already. Let me break it down a bit more clearly, though.

With each successive 44bB, the opponent drops lower and lower to the ground until you can't juggle them anymore. With perfect timing, you can get 2-3x 44bB off of CH 3AB and 3-4x 44bB off of CH 3B. Perfect timing means nearly 1-2 frame JF timing everytime. More realistically, here's what you get...

CH 3AB, 1x 44bB, a:B+K
CH 3AB (opponent BT...think Voldo), 2x 44bB, a:B+K
CH 3B, 2x 44bB, a:B+K
ST9, 7-8x 44bB, a:B+K
If you catch the opponent in the air then it really depends on how high they are.

Usually you can get yourself 2x 44bB on wall combos. I believe it's possible to get it off of 3B+K:B when it bounces, but there aren't really any practical reasons to use 3B+K:B over 3B and 3A+B in iMCF combos and no real reason to 3B+K:B when they're on the wall over other more damaging options.

Regardless, 44bB in combos can't be compared to Hilde's doom combo unless you're starting it with the Lee Kick (ST9), which is only accessible at specific times and doesn't make Yoshi the force Hilde is in that respect. As much as we would all like him to be...=(

Regardless, 44bB in combos can't be compared to Hilde's doom combo unless you're starting it with the Lee Kick (ST9), which is only accessible at specific times and doesn't make Yoshi the force Hilde is in that respect. As much as we would all like him to be...=(

Ok, I'll give you that but Damn. Lolo can pull it off so easily. He does it alot in his vids, just though that why anybody hasn't mastered it like he has. Plus, I think if you can pull it off 3x followed by a:b+k, that's pretty much ALMOST the same as the doom combo distance. I'll have to go back and watch Lolo's vids again. I could of swore he used it alot and made it look so easy. Just like the jf4+a:A:a:a. Though there really hasn't been many match vids of this successfully but still. Practice makes perfect.

3B 44bB x2 is possible on NEUTRAL HIT at MAX RANGE on every character (no need max range against Ivy ^^)

idem with 3B 4AAAAA 44bB... Launcher at max range is better for the combo I think.

RDDK: Yeah. I remember that max range stuff from a while back, but since it seemed so difficult / impractical to use in a real match I conveniently forgot it. hehe. As always, thanks for your contributions.

B-Boy: Lolo does it in his combo videos, but in actual matches he and I only get 1-2 at most. If you watch any of my match videos, you'll see that I'll only go for 2x 44bB off CH iMCF, 3B. And usually only if it will carry the opponent to the edge. If not, it's better to not take the risk on execution and go for CH iMCF, 3AB, 44bB. All it takes is a laggy TV or having an off day to screw up the juggle.

RDDK: Yeah. I remember that max range stuff from a while back, but since it seemed so difficult / impractical to use in a real match I conveniently forgot it. hehe. As always, thanks for your contributions.
You're right. However, I think it could be useful to punish Belial and his RELIC B at mid range lol (training hard to beat him ^^")

Back