"You see before you... Nightmare!"

Der Lindwurm

Premium Member
What exactly was Dampierre's prior "Nightmare incident" that the move reenacts? Something to do with previous ties to/dealings with Raphael?

Just curious if anyone knows.

If I understand your question, then I don't think it has anything to do with Nightmare or Raph. He's had that quote since Broken Destiny so it's not Raph. He probably just says it to intimidate his opponents into fleeing (but usually fails).

Oh... I completely misinterpreted that line, then. Since he only says it to Nightmare, I thought maybe he was talking to himself and it basically meant "oh crap, not this shit again" or something like that.

But there's still that move in his list that's named "Nightmare incident reenacted".

It's because he tried to pass himself off as Nightmare to con people. Not sure how the move ties into that precisely though.

Dampierre used many fake names and titles throughout his shady career :3
Nightmare was another title he borrowed. Either to con them as the master con artist he is, or to frighten them so that he wouldn't have to fight them.

But I do remember that while I was unlocking his journals in SC Broken Destiny, it mentioned that he was heading to Wolfkrone. It's canon that he stole some of Wolfkrone's treasures but we never know if he joined Hilde's army. If he did, he could have came with her in the fight against Nightmare and his minions, where it was possible that 'something' could have happened with him and Nighty. So maybe he tried to reenact something from the meeting? But it's still more likely he just borrowed the title to dissuade ppl from fighting him =)

Back