Your Soul Calibur Roster! Who would you choose?

ShaolinTiger86

[13] Hero
Just the other day, I was making my rounds through Soul Calibur Casual when I came across a post from our very own Talisman about a random thought. That random thought being if PS let us pick any characters we wanted for the next installment, who would be in it?

Now here's how this goes:
*Although Talisman wanted the roster to have 22 spaces, the roster will have 25 spaces open (1 slot for a mimic, 1 slot for a guest character, and 1 for a new warrior character)
*Characters from Soul Edge/Blade through Soul Calibur 4 are eligible
*Z.W.E.I. and Viola are eligible to be in the roster (choose one though)
*The "they're too old" should apply to both male and female characters should you want to bring a SC5 character in there (i.e. Taki's student, Sophitia's kids, or Kilik and Xianghua's kids). (I'm looking at you Soul Calibur 5 for making our beloved characters old like that.)

So there you go and gives us reasons why these characters should return or not also as well as how you re-imagine them.

Yun-Seong
Seong Mi-Na( But give her a more fluid molist and feminine, and put her equal to Kilik)
Talim
Sophitia
Cassandra
Xinghua
Kilik
Zasalamel
Tira
Nightmare
Siegfried
Hilde
Taki
Ivy
Cervantes
Raphael
Amy
Z.W.E.I ( maybe not him him but a fathe or something)
Maxi
Astaroth(cuz he have fans XD)
Setsuka( Umbrela>scarbed sword)
Voldo
Mitsurugi
Edge Master (mimic)
Nero(PS3) Dante(Xbox 360) (guest)
Archer using the bow for short distance and arrow to long =D

Here's my roster: #-boss character, *=Story Mode Character
Zasalamel
Mitsurugi
Kilik
Cassandra
Talim
Maxi
Raphael
Siegfried
Seong Mi-Na (different moveset from Kilik)
Xianghua (her personality should be mature and that her new resolve is to be equal or surpass Kilik)
Rock
Hwang ( He should wield twin hooks)
Yun-Seong
Ivy
Taki
Cervantes
Edge Master (mimic)
Setsuka
Prince of Persia (guest character for XBOX/Wii) Bayonetta (guest character for PS3/Wii)
Amy
Z.W.E.I.
Aztec warrior character using the swordclub for short to mid range and switch to a spear for long range
# Algol
* Sophitia, Nightmare, Tira, Astaroth, Hilde

Amy/Viola with shitty frames​
Cervantes/Generic duel wielding guy​
Dampierre​
Edgemaster​
Hilde​
Ivy​
Kilik​
Maxi​
Mitsurugi​
Nightmare​
Patroklos (mix between S&S and Sets)​
Rapheal​
Rock​
Seong Mina​
Setsuka​
Siegfried​
Sophitia/Pyrrha/Pyrrha.O/Cassandra (Only one of them, not all of them)​
Taki/Natsu (One or the other)​
Talim​
Tira​
Xianghua/Leixia (See above)​
Yoshimitsu​
Yun-Seong​
Z.W.E.I.​
Zasalamel​

Only 25?
It is little.
My "short" Roster
Algol, Elisyum, Sophitia, Cassandra, Patroklos, Pyhrra, Rock, Taki, Natsu, Leixia, Maxi, Cervantes, Ivy, Revenant, Zasalamel, Mitsurugi, Setsuka, Siegfried, Hilde, Z.W.E.I, Viola, Raphael, Amy, Lizardman, Astaroth, Tira, Nightmare, Hwang, Yun Seong, Seong Mi-na, Talim, Kilik, Voldo, Yoshimitsu, Valeria, Lynette, Miser, Greed, Ashlotte, Shura.
SoulCaliburRoster-1.jpg

I feel like we have enough of these, but I'll play nice and answer it anyways. I'll include some "wishes" along the way.
| Guest Slot | Bangoo | Indian (Trishula) | African | Portuguese (probably Ezio's style) | Dampierre | Aeon | CAS Slot |
Persian (Twin Scimitars) | Patroklos* | Pyrrha | Ivy | Cervantes | Zasalamel | Tira | Astaroth
| Siegfried | Hilde | Z.W.E.I. | Viola | Raphael | Voldo | Tira | Nightmare |
|Li Long's Son (Kusarigama)|Natsu|Leixia|Xiba|Mitsurugi**|Brosurugi (Dual Edge Sword)|Yoshimitsu|Geisha (Tessen)|
| Bonus Slot*** | Maxi | Talim | Yunseong | New Korean | Edgemaster | Charade****| Algol***** | Story Mode Bosses****** |

*As Alpha Patroklos
**There is a reason for Mitsurugi and the other two to be on this side. There isn't a reason yet for Yoshimitsu.
***Slot for any DLC, previous characters who share weapons/movesets with others (Setsuka, Taki, Sophitia, Seong-Mina, Rock, Hwang, Li Long, etc.), and for new story mode characters (Salia). Maybe some extras along the way, like new Shop Girls.
****Relating to Necrid's style of mimicking and not the usual way.
*****A boss character for an extra mode.
******Will not be playable. This is in case character profiles return.

25 Seems like a Challenge since the roster of SCV was more than 25, but when you exclude the mimics, Alpha Patroklos, and Pyrrah Omega, and include CAS Slot, and Guest, it's a little over 20.

Only 25?
It is little.
My "short" Roster
Algol, Elisyum, Sophitia, Cassandra, Patroklos, Pyhrra, Rock, Taki, Natsu, Leixia, Maxi, Cervantes, Ivy, Revenant, Zasalamel, Mitsurugi, Setsuka, Siegfried, Hilde, Z.W.E.I, Viola, Raphael, Amy, Lizardman, Astaroth, Tira, Nightmare, Hwang, Yun Seong, Seong Mi-na, Talim, Kilik, Voldo, Yoshimitsu, Valeria, Lynette, Miser, Greed, Ashlotte, Shura.
SoulCaliburRoster-1.jpg
In my version of this I would have rathered you bring back Abyss, Dampierre, Olcadon, and Aska(legends) and swap out Miser, Shura, Greed and ZWEI. (Leave out normal Pyrrha as you did)
Use the SC4 P1 costumes as their new Player 2 outfits and SC5 costumes as their Player 1s.
(And give Rock "Berserker's" costume as an alternate.)
Combine Natsu, with Greed's moveset and take him out.

Lessee...

Aeon(hopefully wielding a few more weapons and havign a few more attacks from people he's eaten)
Algol
Amy/Viola
Astaroth
Cassandra(a mix between her own and Patroklos' S&S styles sounds good to me)
Cervantes
Dampierre
Edge Master(with Charade and Olcadan as bonus skins)
Hilde
Ivy
Leixia
Maxi
Mitsurugi
Natsu
Nightmare
Patroklos(iaido style; no sense in throwing in yet another retcon)
Pyrrha(leaning more to Omega style)
Raphael
Siegfried
Talim
Tira
Voldo
Xiba
Yoshimitsu
Zasalamel
Zwei

I see no sense in padding out the roster with clones or bothering to declone characters. It just means more of a headache on down the line. It took seven games for Nightmare to stop being a clone of Siegfried and he still has several shared moves with him, I don't want to see that happen to any other characters.

I don't understand your ZWEI and Viola rule. I'm going to ignore it. Yes.

Z.W.E.I. and Viola, both for having interesting styles.
Raphael, no Amy with Viola, but you have to have a fencer.
Astaroth, because.
Siegfreid and Mitsurugi, because it's Soulcalibur?
Xiba, Natsu and Leixia, because I don't think these characters are bad and Xiba is far less boring than Kilik.
Adult Talim and Bangoo. I'm still surprised they didn't use Bangoo...
Either Pyrrha Nightmare, or Dumas Nightmare. Pyrrha Nightmare could use a longsword and her claw, rather than a shield? Otherwise, I can't see Nightmare ever using a rapier, but it would've been nice to see that element of the story even partially in his gameplay. Otherwise, Nightmare as usual because it's Soulcalibur.
Standard Patroklos, or at least make his style less exactly-the-same-as Setsuka's. Standard Pat could wield Soulcalibur perhaps, and maybe relearn his Sword & Shield K+G lightning charge move thingy? I always liked that.
Elysium, with her own style, or perhaps possessing somebody. Old shortsword and shield style either way.
Tira, Yoshi, Zasalamel (or a reincarnation of him if that's necessary for some reason)
Voldo is a signature character I suppose.
Algol's good too I suppose, but I'd prefer Wave Sword.

4 more...
Can think of another 4 I'd really care to see, so any others I suppose. Not Hilde though, unless they actually do something with her and make her not boring as shit to use... I'd prefer Seung Mi-na for a spear character.
I'd say the same for Maxi, but I suppose nunchucks have a draw for some.

There, a list.
Now, nobody care. This was for my own benefit. ^^

siegfried
siegfried
siegfried
siegfried
siegfried
siegfried
siegfried
siegfried
siegfried
siegfried
siegfried
siegfried
siegfried
siegfried
siegfried
siegfried
siegfried
siegfried
siegfried
siegfried
siegfried
siegfried
siegfried
siegfried
siegfried

a little more like his playstyle in sc1, yes. and more pajamas.

Why did Conner necro a thread that hasn't been posted in about 11 months?
Because he's new, very young(13 years old), and he doesn't know better. Might as well say welcome to him and point him to the forums he likes most. Since he posted in casual, I'm going to assume he also likes CAS stuff. The question is he interested?

Ontopic:
To be frank, the characters I always want to see is Yoshimitsu(don't care if he's the third or 75th) and a hot asian lady like Seong Mi-na and/or cute lady like Leixia.

Back