Your thoughts on the [PS3]HORI Fighting Commander Pro 3

My D-pad (left direction) is starting to stick for some reason (which occasionally makes me run forward or walk backwards). Dunno how I would go about cleaning it...

I'm thinking about getting an LS-40 and putting it into my (now dusty) TE. I love the FCP3's buttons, but the D-pad is starting to mess with me.

It also shifts out of place every once in a while, so you have to set it back and tighten it down...

It's been about a year and a half, my down direction on my d-pad already begins to stick. I am already at the point where I'm losing my faith in control pads in general including this one. I thought I would escape myself from accidently touching the shoulder pads but I do at times and I find it annoying. There are times when the d-pad doesn't accurately portray movements like I press 6 it registers 3; 8 it registers 9; 2 it registers 3. Though I can do iGDR better with this controller than on the regular PS3 controller I think it's time I bid farewell to the game pad world and venture into a world of new peripheral I've never experienced but hoped for the better.

How long have you owned this controller?
April 11... 5 months?

It did see a lot of use. And it went to EVO!

There are times when the d-pad doesn't accurately portray movements like I press 6 it registers 3; 8 it registers 9; 2 it registers 3.
Have you tried turning the dial on the back to "S"? Supposedly that tightens up the diagonal engage range.

I have the opposite problem, I have a hard time hitting 7 or 9 sometimes (which doesn't matter, except in DOA, I guess...)

I am starting to see that problem now.

My D-pad isn't registering directions correctly either. 6 is malfunctioning and I don't get clean inputs.

Distressing, since 6 being off means I screw up my 66Bs... I have to wonder when this started, I just noticed it in practice today.

My 4 and 8 "click" when I press them, but 6 and 2 feel flat. I guess they've worn out.

I suppose I'm starting to feel the same way about pads. I love the quick response time, but there's always something wrong, it seems. That, and the reliability isn't there...

Honestly, I'm disappointed. I mean, I'm a pad player... but I can't say that there's a pad out on the market that fits all my needs and won't break.

I'm pretty much getting forced into playing stick. Jeez...

I can't iGDR with Cervantes on that pad... at least not as good as on the Hori FCP3.

For me it's time for this pad player to move on w/ a different type of peripheral (arcade sticks ain't gonna be one of them).

Back