Your top 5 favorite characters from each game(guests included)

DeathWarden

[09] Warrior
As the name implies, list your top five favorite characters from each game. List your five favorite guests/bonus characters in their own category.

Soul Blade:
1. Rock
2. Siegfried
3. Sophitia
4. Cervantes
5. Voldo

Soul Calibur:
1. Astaroth
2. Nightmare/Siegfried
3. Yoshimitsu
4. Rock
5. Voldo

Soul Calibur II:

1. Astaroth
2. Nightmare
3. Yoshimitsu
4. Sophitia
5. Voldo

Soul Calibur III:

1. Zasalamel/Abyss
2. Astaroth
3. Tira
4. Yoshimitsu
5. Nightmare

Soul Calibur IV:

1. Zasalamel
2. Astaroth
3. Tira
4. Algol
5. Nightmare

Soul Calibur V:

1. Tira
2. Astaroth
3. Elysium
4. Nightmare
5. Yoshimitsu

Guests/Bonus characters:

1. Berserker
2. Assassin
3. Dampierre(not sure if he counts as standard or not)
4. Necrid
5. Ezio

Soul Blade:
1. Seong Mi-na
2. Taki
3. Sophitia
4. Hwang
5. Siegfried

Soul Calibur:
never played it lol

Soul Calibur 2:
1. Talim
2. Yun-seong
3. Cassandra
4. Ivy
5. Voldo

Soul Calibur 3:
1. Talim
2. Yun-seong
3. Seong Mi-na
4. Tira
5. Sophitia

Soul Calibur IV:
1. Sophitia
2. Amy
3. Tira
4. Talim
5. Yun-seong

Soul Calibur V:
1. Pyrrha
2. Viola
3. Patroklos
4. Z.W.E.I.
5. Xiba

Bonus/Guest:
1. Ashlotte
2. Chester
3. Greed
4. Abelia
5. Assassin

Soul Blade/Soul Edge

1. Siegfried
2. Cervantes
3. Taki
4. Mitsurugi
5. Sophitia

Soul Calibur
1. Siegfried/Nightmare
2. Ivy
3. Hwang
4. Kilik
5. Cervantes

Soul Calibur II
1. Ivy
2. Taki
3. Raphael
4. Yun-Seong (Even though he annoyed me a little lol)
5. Xianghua

Soul Calibur III
1. Tira
2. Zasalamel (Even though he annoyed me sometimes lol)
3. Cassandra
4. Yun-Seong
5. Amy

Soul Calibur IV
1. Tira
2. Amy (Though I preferred when she was a mute in SCIII, some of her sayings annoyed me...)
3. Yun-Seong
4. Taki
5. Sophitia

Soul Calibur V
1. Zwei
2. Viola
3. Tira
4. Raphael
5. Xiba

Bonuses/Guest
1. Link (Always will be my favorite guest in the Soul series)
2. Hwang (Was so happy to see him make a cameo in SCIII)
3. Ashlotte (Very nice design. Her hitbox was a bit broken but still, she was my only favorite out of the 4)
4. Assassin (SC2)
5. Abelia

I'll list from the games I have played. (II-onwards.) WALL OF TEXT INCOMING

Soulcalibur II
5) Talim
Talim02.jpg
The little priestess of the wind was a fun character to play back in the day (she might still be, but I haven't really dabbled with her much since II). She was also probably one of the best trolls in the game, at least for me; I remember many a buttfrust when I hit BBK66KKK for the ring-out on my friends. A definite mainstay in my Team Match battles and alts.​
4) Link​
483px-Linkfx3.jpg
Say what you will about Link's appearance in SCII, I wouldn't even be playing these games if it wasn't for Link. (I would probably not have begged for a pre-order for my birthday had Link not been in the GC version of II.) Apart from hailing from one of my favorite series of all time, Link was a solid character who doesn't get the respect he deserves, IMO. 8[A] and 8B were always favorites of mine.​
3) Sophitia​
630px-Sophie.jpg
When Sophitia first showed herself in Weapon Master mode, I didn't know what to make of her. She looked to be somewhat similar to Cassandra (remember, I had little knowledge of the story of this series at first). That slightly turned me off (I wasn't a huge fan of hers back then), but then I saw her fight, and I immediately fell in love. Until I got Lizardman, she was definitely my best character.​
2) Lizardman​
39458121_nin_soul_203b.jpg
Pure. Adrenaline. Nuff said.​
1) Raphael​
Raphael-sc2fix.jpg
This is the only game in which I played Raph, and his best moveset is definitely this one. For some reason, right after III came out, I really started disliking Raph. Can't put my finger on it.​
I'll post SCIII-V later. Sleepy.​

I'll list from the games I have played. (II-onwards.) WALL OF TEXT INCOMING

Soulcalibur II
5) Talim
Talim02.jpg
The little priestess of the wind was a fun character to play back in the day (she might still be, but I haven't really dabbled with her much since II). She was also probably one of the best trolls in the game, at least for me; I remember many a buttfrust when I hit BBK66KKK for the ring-out on my friends. A definite mainstay in my Team Match battles and alts.​
4) Link​
483px-Linkfx3.jpg
Say what you will about Link's appearance in SCII, I wouldn't even be playing these games if it wasn't for Link. (I would probably not have begged for a pre-order for my birthday had Link not been in the GC version of II.) Apart from hailing from one of my favorite series of all time, Link was a solid character who doesn't get the respect he deserves, IMO. 8[A] and 8B were always favorites of mine.​
3) Sophitia​
630px-Sophie.jpg
When Sophitia first showed herself in Weapon Master mode, I didn't know what to make of her. She looked to be somewhat similar to Cassandra (remember, I had little knowledge of the story of this series at first). That slightly turned me off (I wasn't a huge fan of hers back then), but then I saw her fight, and I immediately fell in love. Until I got Lizardman, she was definitely my best character.​
2) Lizardman​
39458121_nin_soul_203b.jpg
Pure. Adrenaline. Nuff said.​
1) Raphael​
Raphael-sc2fix.jpg
This is the only game in which I played Raph, and his best moveset is definitely this one. For some reason, right after III came out, I really started disliking Raph. Can't put my finger on it.​
I'll post SCIII-V later. Sleepy.​
Really interesting. Can't wait for the next batch. As or Raphael, I feel the same way though I think it's because they turned him into a Vampire. I much preferred his nobleman archetype. If they wanted to create a vampire character, they should've created a new character in my opinion instead of turning Raphael into one...

As a general musing, how many people who claim to have played Soul Blade do we think actually played it?
Nothing personal to anyone who posted above, I just feel like derailing something, lol.

But I will put up my pre-release favourites for SCV:
1. Siegfried - My main is now both sexy, manly and has won his battle with soul cancer!
2. Patroklos - Preferably alpha, but I'd bed either. =/
3. Raphael - LOVED playing as SCIV Raphael despite his flaws and his aesthetic design for SCV pleases me.
4. Zwei - I like werewolves, what can I say?
5. Astaroth - If Siegfried turns out not to be braindead enough, then I'll just play Asta instead. (Eat a dick, Ring =P)

Soul Calibur II

1 - Taki
2 - Nightmare
3 - Kilik
4 - Ivy
5 - Sophitia

Soul Calibur III

1 - Taki
2 - Valeria
3 - Zasalamel
4 - Greed
5 - Revenant

Soul Calibur IV

1 - Taki
2 - Hilde
3 - Ivy
4 - Setsuka
5 - Zasalamel

Soul Calibur V

1 - Natsu
2 - Viola
3 - Nightmare
4 - Hilde
5 - Aeon

As a general musing, how many people who claim to have played Soul Blade do we think actually played it?
Nothing personal to anyone who posted above, I just feel like derailing something, lol.

But I will put up my pre-release favourites for SCV:
1. Siegfried - My main is now both sexy, manly and has won his battle with soul cancer!
2. Patroklos - Preferably alpha, but I'd bed either. =/
3. Raphael - LOVED playing as SCIV Raphael despite his flaws and his aesthetic design for SCV pleases me.
4. Zwei - I like werewolves, what can I say?
5. Astaroth - If Siegfried turns out not to be braindead enough, then I'll just play Asta instead. (Eat a dick, Ring =P)
Yeah, I didn't play Soul Edge/Soul Blade. I was going by design for that one ^^;

Soul Blade-didn't play it
Soul Calibur 1-Didn't play it
Soul Calibur 2-Nightmare, Necrid, Assassin, Ivy, Berserker
Soul Calibur 3-Siegfried, Nightmare, Cassandra, Hwang, Cervantez.
Soul Calibur 4-Siegfried, Nightmare, Astaroth, Cassandra, Cervantez.
Soul Calibur 5-Siegfried, Nightmare, Astaroth, Omega Bitch (aka Oprah), Viola

All of them except sc5 I have learned and used. I lightly dabbled with Cervantes in sc4, but I couldn't get his JF's and I didn't like his move changes, so I was bad with him and pretty much stopped using him.

I was really good with Hwang, man I really miss that style!

Same thing with Necrid, interesting, fun, quirky.

*sniffles over Cassandra's style being gone from sc5*

Soul Blade....Liked everyone but Voldo. I was 7 years old.
Soul Calibur....Never played it. But managed to play the demo.
Soul Calibur 2....Yoshi,Nighty, Taki, Talim, and Mi-na.
Soul Calibur 3....Yoshi, Nighty, Sieggy, and Mi-na.
Soul Calibur 4....Yoshi, Mi-na, Hilde, and Yun.
Soul Calibur 5....Yoshi, Natsu, Hilde, and Damp.

Soul Blade

1.Li Long
2.Cervantes
3.Mitsurugi
4.Hwang
5.Sigfried

SC

1.Mitsu
2.Nightmare
3.Cervantes
4.Lizardman
5.Astarogh

SCII

1.Raphael (Damn, I loved his first aparition, fencer Raphael was awesome)
2.Cassandra
3.Mitsu
4.Nightmare
5.Talim

SCIII

1.Abelia
2.Mitsu
3.Nightmare
4.Amy
5.Cassandra
6.Talim

SCIV

1.Amy
2.Nightmare
3.Mitsu
4.Cassandra
5.Talim

SCV

1.Mitsu
2.Nightmare
3.Cervantes
4.Phyrra
5.Patroklos

Have only played IV so far, so...

SCIV

Xianghua
Tira
Darth Vader
Talim
Mitsurugi

SCV

Leixia
Natsu
Xiba
Tira
Pyrrha
Mitsurugi

SB

1) Hwang
2) Mi-Na
3) Sophitia
4) Taki
5) Cervantes

SC

1) Yoshi
2) Xianghua
3) Astaroth
4) Kilik
5) Ivy

SCII

1) Talim
2) Nightmare
3) Yoshi
4) Yun
5) Mi-Na

SCIII

1) Talim
2) Nightmare
3) Yoshi
4) Asta
5) Liz

SCIV

1) Talim
2) Yoshi
3) Night
4) Mi-Na
5) Liz

Soul Blade
1- Voldo
2- Taki
3- Mitsurugi
4- Nightmare

SC
1- Ivy
2- Cervantes
3- Taki
4- Lizardman
5- Kilik

SC 2
1- Link
2- Ivy
3- Yoshimitsu
4- Taki
5- Kilik

SC 3
1- Setsuka
2- Ivy
3- Taki
4- Zasalamel
5- Tira

SC4
1- Setsuka
2- Ivy
3- Hilde
4- Tira
5- Apprentice

SC5 (speculation so far)
1- Ivy
2- Viola
3- Hilde
4- Tira
5- Yoshimitsu

MORE WALL OF TEXT INCOMING BRACE YOURSELVES
Soulcalibur III
5) Nightmare
501px-Nightmare-soul3art.jpg
I'd dabbled in using Nightmare in SCII, but he never really stuck for me. The style he had in Soulcalibur III (and subsequently in IV, and from the looks of it in V) really interested me and got me to play him more in SCIII.
4) Tira
Tira_SCIII_Intro_01.jpg
I'll admit, I got hooked on Tira for her looks initially. Playing as her, however, got me to like the character more and more. Her style was kooky and fun, and it didn't hurt that she was voiced by one of my all-time favorites, Jennifer Hale. Plus, blue hair!
3) Amy
297px-Sc3-bc-amy-sorel.jpg
With Raphael's shift in style in SCIII, it left my rapier-user slot empty. When I discovered that Amy existed, I was excited. Rushing to unlock her, I fell in love with the style almost immediately. Initially, I was turned off by AE's Amy, and I didn't play her until I got great with her in IV and realized that AE Amy was basically IV Amy.
2) Sophitia
Concept04.jpg
The Best just kept getting better in III. Yeah, I know, unfair, but still, she was my main. What was I supposed to do? I posted her 2P concept art because that is seriously my absolute favorite costume for her. I sincerely hope we get those parts for DLC in V - I think Pyrrha would look adorable in it.
1) Zasalamel (III only)
556px-Zasalamel0.jpg
The big man with the big scythe was a pleasant surprise for me - I had no intention of playing as him going into SCIII. I picked him up randomly one day, and I was enamored by his style. I know it's not guaranteed, but the suggested 46B+G - 6B - 22_88BB - 4A+B combo was one of my favorites. The changes made to him in AE really turned me off from him, and I haven't played him since.
IV coming later today.

SB:
  1. Siegfried
  2. Mitsurugi
  3. Hwang
  4. Cervantes
  5. Li Long
SC:
  1. Siegfried
  2. Mitsurugi
  3. Hwang
  4. Kilik
  5. Maxi
SCII:
  1. Mitsurugi
  2. Kilik
  3. Link
  4. Maxi
  5. Taki
SCIII:
  1. Siegfried
  2. Hwang
  3. Mitsurugi
  4. Tira
  5. Kilik
SCIV:
  1. Siegfried
  2. Mitsurugi
  3. Tira
  4. Kilik
  5. Amy
SCV (I'm assuming):
  1. Siegfried
  2. Tira
  3. Patroklos
  4. Ezio
  5. Mitsurugi

Soul Blade: Not a huge fan of any of these.
1. Mitsurugi
2. Sophitia
3. Seong Mina
4. Siegfried
5. Taki

Soul Calibur: N/A

Soul Calibur II:
1. Mitsurugi
2. Raphael (style and aesthetics)
3. Seong Mina
4. Lizardman
5. Talim

Soul Calibur III:
1. Mitsurugi
2. Raphael
3. Nightmare
4. Seong Mina
5. Yoshimitsu

Soul Calibur IV:
1. Raphael
2. Mitsurugi
3. Yoshimitsu
4. Lizardman
5. Zasaelmael

Soul Calibur BD:
1. Raphael
2. Mitsurugi
3. Dampierre
4. Yoshimitsu
5. Lizardman

Soul Calibur V: Undecided currently.

Soul Blade:

Taki.
Voldo.
Sophitia.
Seong Mi-Na.
Cervantes.

Soul Calibur 1:

Taki.
Voldo.
Sophitia.
Lizardman.
Mitsurugi.

Soul Calibur 2:

Taki.
Voldo.
Sophitia.
Ivy.
Seong Mi-Na.

Soul Calibur 3:

Taki.
Voldo.
Ivy.
Tira.
Abyss.

Soul Calibur 4:

Taki.
Voldo.
Ivy.
Setsuka.
Hilde.

Soul Calibur 5:

"probably"
Taki "If she becomes somehow playable,DLC etc..".
Voldo.
Hilde.
Ivy.
Viola.

All right, almost done. HEY GUYS LOOK ANOTHER WALL OF TEXT
Soulcalibur IV
5) Xianghua
413px-Sc4-xianghua.jpg
I only started playing X recently after my friend inspired me to try her out. I'm not entirely ready to debut her competitively, of course, but she's been very fun to play around with.
4) Astaroth
2370517650_3f0b4278ed.jpg
Asta didn't make the list for the other games because there were a lot more characters I liked, and I only really started using him in IV. I enjoy using him occasionally!
3) Nightmare
590px-Nightmare-in-soul-calibur-4.jpg
Nightmare was very fun to play in SCIV. He was my best friend's Main, too, so it's always fun mirror matching against him, though we're about even.

TIE 1) Sophitia
426px-Sc4-sophitia.jpg
The main is back with a vengeance. This time, her story really hit me - a character that is forced to work for Soul Edge because her daughter was being used as collateral was really sad.
TIE 1) Amy
479px-AmySorelSC4.jpg
Once Amy was made a full character, I knew she would be good. And I was right. At first, I was a tiny bit jarred by some of her changes. Some time with her, though, changed that opinion almost instantly. She's practically my main, and I'm sad to see her go in V, I really am.
Finally, my pre-release speculation for Soulcalibur V! Spoilers incoming.
Soulcalibur V
5) Dampierre
396px-Dampierre.jpg
I recently acquired Broken Destiny for the PSP, so I've been playing around with Dampierre. He's just about the silliest character I've seen, and I'm super ok with silly characters. Such perfection from Le Bello~
4) Ezio
536px-Sc5-ezio.jpg
I like guest characters. I don't know what it is. I started getting more interested in Assassin's Creed from seeing Ezio in SCV. I like how he fits somewhat well into the universe.
3) Pyrrha
361px-Soulcalibur-v-20110607100341736_640w.jpg
OH MY GOD PYRRHA AAAA ;o; <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

When Patroklos was announced as a character, I knew that Pyrrha was going to be one. I also knew that she would have a terrible destiny. So I knew I would finally have a huggable character ;o;
2) Viola
353px-ME0001449620_2.jpg
Viola wasn't my favorite addition for some reason. But then I saw her in-game. Being used competently. So good. Just. So. Good. Also I guess she's pretty much Amy all grown up so yeah. :D
1) Pyrrha Omega
OgAAACfCGPMdmBkZdsgWOL-JtjP96E4pAsHAi49RoOnk7ale_l9nl8h52QXvF5TejjbcG8GtEi-B-4f5g0GdQkH8G7UAm1T1UMvUP7w-5Pbb1lgkYkqEjSWHjbD8.jpg

Originally, Viola was a shoo-in for the number one spot this time around. But then the leaks started, and Pyrrha Omega was shown off. ALL OF MY FEELINGS AAAAAA <3<3<3<3 ;o;

SB- N/A

SC-
1. Sophitia
2. Taki
3. Sig
4. Mina

SC2-
1. Talim
2. Cassy
3. Taki
4. Sophie
5. Link

SC3-
1. Lynette - ILYBBY :-:
2. talim
3. Tira
4. Zas
5. Taki

Sc4-
1. Talim, used to be second. Has been first for a year and a half.
2. Tira, used to be first.
3. Amy
4. Zas
5. Soph

Bonus-
1. Lynette, would main her to this day.
2. Ashlotte, had she been given her own moveset she would replace soph on my sc4 list
3. Demuthe- please note I despise him, but it was namcos first attempt at iron fans. Hopefully a lovely lady will get it in the future
4. Amy

Scv- predictions
1. Viola, the lack of talim warrants a replacement
2. Xiba
3. Tira
4. Leixia
5. Pyrrha

SB- N/A

SC-
1. Sophitia
2. Taki
3. Sig
4. Mina

SC2-
1. Talim
2. Cassy
3. Taki
4. Sophie
5. Link

SC3-
1. Lynette - ILYBBY :-:
2. talim
3. Tira
4. Zas
5. Taki

Sc4-
1. Talim, used to be second. Has been first for a year and a half.
2. Tira, used to be first.
3. Amy
4. Zas
5. Soph

Bonus-
1. Lynette, would main her to this day.
2. Ashlotte, had she been given her own moveset she would replace soph on my sc4 list
3. Demuthe- please note I despise him, but it was namcos first attempt at iron fans. Hopefully a lovely lady will get it in the future
4. Amy

Scv- predictions
1. Viola, the lack of talim warrants a replacement
2. Xiba
3. Tira
4. Leixia
5. Pyrrha

Back