Z.W.E.I. Patch/Wishlist

Is a patch coming or something? I say to make him not feel so useless is to speed up 1A, have a faster 3B because people like to duck and stand back up and when you try to use it to stuff the quick duck the 3B so slow and so little range that they usually block whereas another character would have gotten the launch.

EDIT: Random note last night when you sent me message I had a ranked win streak of 17 wins and I beat a ZWEI that had 14 wins LOL. ZWEI owning online now lol.

-Longer range of throws
-Less frames on which Ein appearance from B+B BE can be interrupted when Zwei blocks
-1A should be faster or safe on block
-Whiffing problems (but that goes not only for Zwei)

And something that sounds badass but isn't taken in serious consideration by me:
-Make taunt not interfere with Ein cooldown time. In the way I see it you could cancel Ein in almost anytime with taunt (as you can now) but you could be able to do any Ein move right after taunt cancel.

In general I would be most pleased even with only throw range increase.

Well there's a lot to be done for Zwei buff~wise.
Some nerfs in question are B+K{BE} doing less damage, RUN K, 1K not being a combo anymore, and not being able to do B+K{BE}, B+K and vice~verse... well I'm just throwing these out there.

OK, J-Akatsuki and I ironed out these attacks for your enjoyment, we've discussed new replacement moves for Zwei's 6B+K attack series. Here is what we came up with, feel free to comment on them:

(Option 1)
6B+K - i26
Level = Mid+Mid/ Vertical Attack ~ Body Attack
Damage = 30d. (20 + 10)
Range = 2.5 (Zwei)/ 3 (Ein)
G = -4 (Ein)/ -4 (Zwei)
H = KND
CH = KND
notes > NC(2 hits); TJ {9-26}; EIN
pushback on Grd (2 backdashes)/ 20% tracking Right/ 5% tracking Left.
Description > Resembles Talim's 66B from SC4 with EIN hitting Mid simultaneously. Even if in cool-down, Zwei does his first hit.
Combos:
6B+K, 66A+B(1H) = 52d/ 2nd hit only = 32d.
6B+K, CE, B+K, 4A+B = 107d./ 2nd hit only = 87d.
3B, 6B+K, 66A+B(1H) = 46d
3B, 6B+K, CE, B+K, 4A+B = 97d
66A+B, 6B+K, 66A+B, CE, B+K, 4A+B = ???
Also combos off 1K{BE}...
1K{BE}, 6B+K, 66A+B(1H) = ???
1K{BE}, 6B+K, CE, B+K, 4A+B = ???

6B+K{BE} - i26
Level = Mid~Special Mid/ Vertical Attack ~ Body Attack
Damage = 60d. (20 + 40)
Range = 2.5 (Zwei)/ 3 (Ein)
G = +10 (Ein)/ -4 (Zwei)
H = KND
CH = KND
notes > NC(2 hits); GB; TJ {9-26}; EIN
No pushback, opponent .5 backsteps away/ 20% tracking Right and Left.
Description > Resembles Talim's 66B from SC4 but the BE version turns EIN's hit into a slower guard breaker attack. Even if in cool-down, Zwei does his first hit. The KND off EIN's attack is similar to 4{A+B}(max).
3B, 6B+K{BE} = 76d.
3B, 1K{BE}, 6B+K{BE} = 98d.
Any 1K{BE} hit combos into 6B+K{BE}, much better combo option meter-wise...

(Option 2)
6B+K - i16
Level = Mid/ Body Attack
Damage = 20d.
Range = 1
G = -10
H = CSTN
CH = CSTN
notes > EIN; Zwei Taunt = -26
Pushback is 1 backdash on guard/ 60% Tracking Left and Right.
Description = EIN's Mid hitting version of Natsu's 4B. Zwei says something cool. CSTN animation is similar to Pyrrha's CH 6K.
Combos: (1{B} is a bad combo option due to cool-down)
6B+K, 1K = 40d.
6B+K(air hit), 1K = 40d.

(Option 3)
6B+K - i29
Level = Low/ Horizontal + Body Attack
Damage = 28d.
Range = 1.5
G = -15~-13 (range dependent)
H = KND
CH = KND
notes > EIN; Zwei Taunt = -53
Pushback is about 0.8 backdash on guard/ 100% tracking Left amd Right.
Description = Zwei does his taun similar to 33B{BE}'s taunt. EIN is summoned and preforms a Low sweeping attack similar to Devil Jin's 1A. Special JF combo is available on CH.
Combos:
6B+K, 2K = 40d.

I do not really recommend using meter after 3B. I posted in the general discussion thread about a 79 point combo that can be followed up with a 1BK reset I believe. I don't know if that has anything to do with the 6B+K replacement but I'm just saying.

Man its so bad makes me cry sometimes....(jk not crying just like wtf) 44B and 6B+K should not even exist.....
while 6B+K has some uses in wall combos i have to agree that this move isnt really effective. 44A is too slow yes. his throw range is abysmal. i guess if he reaches too far out to grab something, he might burst a vein in his neck or something. btw, ZWEI needs a neck nerf

This is a collection of some of the things I've heard other posters say and some of my thoughts as well.

Fix WS B, BT B+K, A+B - I know I'm doing it right. What's up with the BT B+K going in front sometimes? This needs fixing.

Fix 1K BE - Sometimes EIN won't hit at all. Just totally whiff. Even if I connect 1K outside of a combo and the opponent gets stunned, sometimes EIN will completely whiff. This needs fixing.

Fix 22/88BB - This move sucks. Not because of the frames or anything. But because of the RANDOM WHIFFING OF THE 2nd B. :( I don't even use it anymore because of the fear the 2nd hit won't connect. It doesn't matter if it's NH or CH. On-axis or off-axis. It randomly whiffs too friggin much. Fix it.

Make 6A track to both sides - self explanatory. The move is slow enough and punishable as it is.

Make 3A BE hit confirmable/delayable - because otherwise, there's really not much of a point to using the BE part of this move. If you can make 4B BE hit confirmable and delayable, you should allow the same for this move. It's not even safe.

Increase Zwei's throw range - Give him Maxi's throw range. As it stands right now, I think Voila has more throw range than him. What's the point of him being a throw/mid mixup guy, if he has such pitiful throw range? No reason for anybody to duck outside of kissing range.

Change 66B+K to 8B+K or 9B+K - This is really good move. But it's tied to 8 wr, making it very difficult and counterintuitive to use as it's intended which is defensively and as an interrupter. It's not safe by any means (everybody can get a back throw on block), it's hella linear, and you're not even guaranteed to go over the opponent (which means Welcome to Punish City. Population: Zwei). This move is really good, but still situational. Changing the motion will not make it anywhere near the hell that is Mitsu's 4B or Ivy's 214B.

Change the move animation of 22A when facing right so he rotates to the forescreen - What am I saying? Well...... you know how when you do 88A and Zwei spins away from the screen before swinging his sword? It's like a built-in sidestep. Feels pretty cool when it connects and very natural. It doesn't even step around a lot of Bs but it does a few. Well here's the problem.

When I do 22A (facing right) Zwei spins his body...... INTO THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION I'M GOING. It's retarded and downright lazy to keep the animation the same. I remember first trying it in practice mode and thinking "Did I do the motion right? Why am I rotating the same way as if I did 88A?"

When Pyrrha does 88A, she rotates to her left, and hits people with the shield in her left arm. When she does 22A, she rotates to her right, hits people with the shield in her left arm.
When Mitsu does 88B, he glides to his left (has a bit of SS in there) and comes down the sword. When he does 22B, he does it to his right and the animation changes.
When Nightmare does 88B, he spins while taking a big SS to his left before bring his sword down. When he does 22B, he spins while taking a big SS to his right.
When Leixia does 88B, she moves to her left while twirling the sword. When she does 22B, she moves to her right while she twirls the sword.
You can go up and down the roster and you'll see the sme thing. Except with Zwei's 88A and 22A.

W
T
F

Fix that shit.

Notice how I don't say anything about making lows faster or mids faster or things like that? Because things like that will make Zwei broken and make him impossible to block/give him unblockables. These things won't break him him any way.

Another one is after the first hit of 4{A} breaks the opponent's guard, EIN will whiff from most situations, please make EIN hit consistently?
Thats not all....there is also a situation where sometimes B+K if used at tip range 4B BE will whiff....another is where sometimes 66A+B will completely miss the opponent on the ground....like siegfried expect to whiff a few times, meh they all need fixing and panto says it best whenever ur playing a matchup know your whiffs......

Thats not all....there is also a situation where sometimes B+K if used at tip range 4B BE will whiff....another is where sometimes 66A+B will completely miss the opponent on the ground....like siegfried expect to whiff a few times, meh they all need fixing and panto says it best whenever ur playing a matchup know your whiffs......

Also there is 66A+B whiffing after 4B{BE}, thats cost me quite a bit of matches & rounds...

What sucks is that 1K BE, 22_88BB and 66A BE whiff second hit when used near a wall.
And what is with certain combos only working on certain characters?

Change 66B+K to 8B+K or 9B+K - This is really good move. But it's tied to 8 wr, making it very difficult and counterintuitive to use as it's intended which is defensively and as an interrupter. It's not safe by any means (everybody can get a back throw on block), it's hella linear, and you're not even guaranteed to go over the opponent (which means Welcome to Punish City. Population: Zwei). This move is really good, but still situational. Changing the motion will not make it anywhere near the hell that is Mitsu's 4B or Ivy's 214B.

If you change the motion input of this move into 8B+K or 9B+K, then you won't be able to do it while crouching.
At least now you can do shit like 2K (hit) into 66B+K, without having to worry If you are in crouching position.
Also the fact that it's a "66" instead of a "44" (or anything else), makes you approach your opponent, increasing the chances to land behind him instead of in front of him.
Just saying...

random whiffing is what defo needs to be addressed the most- 1K BE, 22BB, 66A BE whiff near wall :(

But seriously he needs to be safer. I mean wtf is with his 3B -16? Isn't it bad enough that it is slow and can be easily stepped? Making his moves safer will already make ZWEI 40% better. And seriously, why is he so slow? He uses a goddamn shortsword.

Back