Zasalamel Combos & Skill Project Video

Vini

[09] Warrior
Hello Players!

I´ve finished my second Zasalamel Video. This time I made a combo movie with some skills and ring out strategy. I tried to make the video as complete as I can, against good moves of other characters.
Basically, you can use his good sidestep or draw attacks and side/back throws for good damage.
I expect you enjoy it =)
Any doubts, you can ask here or on my Youtube page.
Seeya!

Thanks Yamaki. Great guy, as usual =)

Some players asked me on youtube to explain some moves. I´ll explain the entire video here:

Combo Video (0:08-2:32):

- 3B4, 4A+B
- FC 3B, 4A+B
- 44K, 66A+B
- CH: 4B+K, BT B+K
- 33*99B4, 66A+B
- 66B+K, 4A+B
- 44K, 4B+K
- 2[B+K], 66A+B
- A+K, 6A.B, BT B+K
- A+K, 3A.B(W), 4B+K, BT B+K
- CH: FC 3B, 66A+B4, BT B+K
*Note: This combo also works with no counter hit against some characters, like Ivy, Siegfried and NIghtmare.
- 3B(W), B+K(W), b:K, 4B:B, BT B+K
- 22*88 K.K, 4B:B, BT B+K
- 6B.A, B+K(W), b:K, 4B:B, BT B+K
- A+K, 4A:B, 2A(W), 3B(W), b:K, 4B:B, BT B+K
- A+K, 6B+K:B, B(W), b:K, 4B:B, BT B+K
- FC 3B(W), 6B.A, B+K(W), b:K, 4B:B, BT B+K
- 3B(W), 6B+K:B, 2*8A(W), b:K, 4B:B, BT B+K
- A+K, 3B(W), 6B.A, B+K(W), b:K, 4B:B, BT B+K

Skill Project (2:36-5:22)

- 2A, WR B (very useful the first move, not much the second one) - 2A is a very fast attack and Zasalamel goes to crouch position. 2A can "cut" the Nightmare Grim Stride on all combinations after using the 33*99B. The WR B is used if the enemy tries to attack.
- Sidestep, A+G or B+G (useful) - Usually, after a:ga just, the enemies perform 66K because it´s a very fast attack. You can break it with sidestep.
- 2A (very useful) - The same as the first. 2A can hit Nightmare if the enemy tries do perform 66K or another a:gA just. WR B for the same reason of the first skill.
- WR K, A+G or B+G (very useful) - WR K turns back the opponents body. After most of the lows, you can try WR K after a block, and throw. Most of the times you will back throw the enemy. Sometimes, at least, you will hit a side throw.
- jump, 4B:B, BT B+K (Useful) - usually, Nightmare players try to hit 1(A) on guard, and try a mind game with Grim Stride after it. You can jump the first attack, and perform this combo. The combo will work because of the counter hit of Grim Stride.* Caution with the Nightmare variation 1(A).K (high attack).
- 66A+B (useful) - 66A+B breaks Lizard man Crawl stance and all attack variations from it.
- WR K, A+G or B+G - You can break Relic Stance A of Mitsurugi by crouching and avoyiding the second hit. The, you can WR K and throw.
- 4A+B (useful) - It can be used as an airborne strategy against some specific attacks of other enemies.
- Sidestep, BB4, A+G or B+G (Not so useful because Mitsurugi players rarelly use this move completely) - Here you can avoyd the 66B.B of Mitsurugi with sidestep. You can perform BB4 before a throw. At least, you will hit him a side throw.
- 4A+B - Airborne strategy.
- Bad example by receiving the 28B attack property.
- 4A+B - Here you will hit Cervantes if he tries to scape with 28B after instant Geo Da Ray.
- BB4, A+G or B+G (Useful) - Here you can break the Astaroth 1(A).B/A variation. You can jump and perform the move. The back throw is not garanteed bacause Astaroth can grapple break it.
- AA (not so useful). It´s a glitch. Probably an attack hit box mistake of 1(A).A of Astaroth. It´s here only for demonstration. Better using the first option (B.B4) and break the sequence of the move.
- 1B.B.A (useful) - with this attack you can break this Astaroth "frame trap" sequence. Astaroth players usually use 6K after 66(K), because this move is very safe. If you don´t want to try a GI, you can break it with 1B.B.A. The final attack causes a recoverable or shakeable stun.
- 4B:B, BT B+K (useful) - With this attack you can stop some varations of the crane stance of Yun Seong, like Crane A, K.
- 6B+K, BT B+K (useful) - Here you can use 6B+k as an airborne strategy to stop this Yoshimitsu flying stance. 4A+B can be used too, but it´s a bad choise, because it´s so hard to get the Yoshimitsu hit box with it.
- Sidestep, BB4, A+G or B+G (very useful) - You can avoyd all variations of Ivy Serpent´s embrance Stance with sidestep, after receiveing WS 3(B) on guard.
- FC 3B, 66A+B4, BT B+K (very useful) - Here, F3B will hit Ivy first after CS 214(B), no matter what variation the enemy uses on Serpent´s Embrance Stance.
- Crouch, WR K, A+G, B+G (useful) - The same as Astaroth, Voldo can also grapple break back throws.
- Sidestep, BB4, A+G or B+G (very useful) - Voldo players usually perform this sequence. You can break it with sidestep.
- 2A, WR K, A+G or B+G (Very useful) - You can break 3(B) of Siegfried (one of the most used attacks of him) with 2A. After hiting 2A, you can try to hit WR Kand perform a throw (if it has range for this).
- just impact, 6B+K:B, 2*8A (very useful) - You can Gi asura dance Just (one of the best moves of the game). If you just impact, you can perform 6B+K:B or 4B:B and finish a combo, because of the "counter hit property" that just impact causes.
- jump, BB4, A+G or B+G (useful) - You can guard the first low explosion of Taki and jump the second one and try a mixup.

Ring Out Strategy (5:22-5:58)

- CH: 6A.B, BT 2K
- WR B4
- CH: 4B:B (here I used the frame trap 6A.B to make easier the counter hit)
- 44B4
- CH: 3A.B (the same as above)
- 4A+B (not so useful. Only to demonstrate the RO property of this attack and finish the video)

Thanks for everyboy that watched the video and put good avaliations on it. I expect it helps the Soul Calibur players.

Any doubts, you can continue asking on youtube or here. And sorry for some English mistakes =P
Seeya! =)

The wall combos where pretty.

I think a few things where missing from the skill portion though. Im not flameing just being honest. if you wish to discuss PM me or look for me in coddee chat.

Good video overall though,

The wall combos where pretty.

I think a few things where missing from the skill portion though. Im not flameing just being honest. if you wish to discuss PM me or look for me in coddee chat.

Good video overall though,

No problem.
Like I said above, the main idea of the skill part was focused on using the good sidestep and side/back throws for a good damage. Players can try other mixups and combos of the first part, if they want.
I´m not a pro and I´m very far from it. I made the video to help specially benninger players that want to improve their gameplays.
It´s very hard to find good Zasalamel stuff on Youtube (not like Cervantes, Mitsurugi, etc, that have very good videos there). Everything I learned was playing by myself (most of the times playing with CPU and on trainning mode) and watching Omega´s videos after EVo 2009.

No problem.
Like I said above, the main idea of the skill part was focused on using the good sidestep and side/back throws for a good damage. Players can try other mixups and combos of the first part, if they want.
I´m not a pro and I´m very far from it. I made the video to help specially benninger players that want to improve their gameplays.
It´s very hard to find good Zasalamel stuff on Youtube (not like Cervantes, Mitsurugi, etc, that have very good videos there). Everything I learned was playing by myself (most of the times playing with CPU and on trainning mode) and watching Omega´s videos after EVo 2009.

Nice! Ill see if I can film some stuff for ya. I think I can provide you with a few new tricks :).

Quite frankly I don't know what people want from the skill part, mix-ups or tech traps?
Stuff that's unique to me that aren't in the vid but you might add.

A+B 6kB B+K W....
6AB opponent next to the edge or wall you throw them. Might get a back throw if they don't shake.
CH 4B:B BT K 4A+B

Aside from 6BA B+K W, you can find just about everything, in the Zass section, glitches and all. We have a lot of content we dug up in case those guys want a good Zass study video.

Zas's shakeable stuns lead to mix-ups so by no means are they useless, you could add that in the skill part.

To me it's a pretty solid Zass video, nicely done.

Back