Maxi Match-up chart

This list is bit weird. No way is Maxi vs Kilik 2/8, thats just silly. Its definately his worst match-up other than algol, but its still only like 3/7. Also, most of those other 3/7s should really be 4/6. The only match-ups on there I would be willing to award 3/7 to are Kilik, Yoshi, and MAYBE Cass. I've never really played a top Ivy offline, so i'm not really gonna try to argue that one either. Mitsu and Amy aren't even really that bad for Maxi. Amy is very steppable and Maxi has a good step and a strong step punisher in B+K JF. Mitsu, i don't even understand why he's considered 3/7, he doesn't really even punish Maxi that bad and he gets punished plenty. I'm guessing someone just got really pissed about Mitsu 4B and just gave up, lol. I'd still give Mitsu a slight advantage just cause he generally does more damage, but if you know how to punish right, you can get some good damage on him as well.

This list is bit weird. No way is Maxi vs Kilik 2/8, thats just silly. Its definately his worst match-up other than algol, but its still only like 3/7. Also, most of those other 3/7s should really be 4/6. The only match-ups on there I would be willing to award 3/7 to are Kilik, Yoshi, and MAYBE Cass. I've never really played a top Ivy offline, so i'm not really gonna try to argue that one either. Mitsu and Amy aren't even really that bad for Maxi. Amy is very steppable and Maxi has a good step and a strong step punisher in B+K JF. Mitsu, i don't even understand why he's considered 3/7, he doesn't really even punish Maxi that bad and he gets punished plenty. I'm guessing someone just got really pissed about Mitsu 4B and just gave up, lol. I'd still give Mitsu a slight advantage just cause he generally does more damage, but if you know how to punish right, you can get some good damage on him as well.

Holy shit...Uber1337 is back!! Missed you!!

I pretty much agree with all this shit. I wanted opinions from the guys that do mainly offline play (such as you) to either agree or disagree with this thing. I was really debating that Kilik match up as well.

I need KrayzieCD to get in here and put his 2 cents in!!

HRD

the way I see it is maxi does pretty good dmg off of a few correct guesses so his damage isnt horrible(unless we are talking punish damage) honestly I see maxi as doing better damage then mitsu

Kilik is 2:8 in my opinion JF asura is just to good vs maxi as is 4B+K
amy isnt as bad as you would assume with maxis 33K usage
33K beats amys 33B and 66A+B because its faster and TC's 6B in most situations it's a great tool for keeping her out

I played dina's Cass at nec and i'm under the impression that shes 4:6 and sophie is far worse then cass for maxi but it was only a few games

yeah Hot Rod, i'm back. Been a long time since i've posted on here. Good to see people are still practicing Maxi.

For kilik, I don't see how JF asura and 4B+K make this a 2:8. You can step both of those moves and B+K JF punish him. I think you're just trying to get too loopy against Kilik, and that definately does not work for the reasons that you listed above. If you play safer and rely on pokes and things like 4AB and B+K for you damage, you can cut this match-up down to a more manageable but still uphill battle.
As for sophie, i never really thought this match-up was horrible. She's definately at advantage, but i never found the match-up unfair. She doesn't have much of a mix-up so all she can really do is punish you, so as long as you're not too reckless she won't get you too bad. Cass on the other hand gets way too many +frames and shes faster than you, so she can really just poke you to death (not to mention she can punish almost as well as sophie).

As far as the Maxi-Kilik match up goes, i still think it´s a horrible 2-8.

Kilik can asura the shit out of Maxi, Kiliks damage Potential is better, he is way! safer, has much better throws and range.

And about the Sophie match up, think about it. Sophie was never about mixing moves but about doing crazy damage like half life combos, best punish game and speed + super safe. In all those aspects is she way!! better than Maxi, hell she is even better in those aspects than Cassy!

So yeah, i really think those matchups are Maxis worst... For multiple reason.

eh, i'm still not buying 2-8. That means the match is pretty much impossible, and it totally isn't. With kilik, you just gotta step a few WR Bs or Asuras and you can get enough damage to win. Sophie, what are you getting punished so badly for. Maybe you should stop doing those moves so much. Just learn to step and not be unsafe and this fight is manageable. There is really no way that Sophie is a worse match-up than Yoshi, Yoshi punishes you way worse and does even more damage.

Just a question. Do you actually use the B+K JF? Cause that move is pretty important. Its by far his best step punisher. If you aren't using this move, that means you're only getting around 40 damage on a normal hit punish rather than 70, so that could be why you think Maxi gets so outdamaged.

eh, i'm still not buying 2-8. That means the match is pretty much impossible, and it totally isn't. With kilik, you just gotta step a few WR Bs or Asuras and you can get enough damage to win. Sophie, what are you getting punished so badly for. Maybe you should stop doing those moves so much. Just learn to step and not be unsafe and this fight is manageable. There is really no way that Sophie is a worse match-up than Yoshi, Yoshi punishes you way worse and does even more damage.

OK, maybe we can debate about the kilik-Maxi match up. I think that there is still room, but Sophie VS Maxi? No way, it is a 7:3 for Sophie.

Sophie punishes Maxi harder than Yoshi does. She has 236B at the end of the day. No other char can compete with that... Maybe only Setsuka with just frame umbrella...

And "not be unsafe" with Maxi in this game means against a char like Sophie that you can only poke! Almost all lows are unsafe, she can interrupt many of Maxi´s stance transitions due to sheer speed and deals way more damage. So, how can Maxi win? Tell me those moves please.

And btw, i think Maxis step is not good... And even if it was good, Sophie has anti step killer like 66A, and for the "pro´s" 236236/TAS A(A)... just saying.

Updated first post. I have to agree with Uber. I changed the Kilik match up. I thought that was say to low. Not that 3/7 is much better, but anything we can give our poor hero the better.

My opinion is 80% from online stuff, so Ima stay out of most of it. But in all honesty, Im not scared to face a sophie, even with her 236236 bullshit. She has slow lows that can be punished hard (B+K BBBA jf).

HRD

OK, maybe we can debate about the kilik-Maxi match up. I think that there is still room, but Sophie VS Maxi? No way, it is a 7:3 for Sophie.

Sophie punishes Maxi harder than Yoshi does. She has 236B at the end of the day. No other char can compete with that... Maybe only Setsuka with just frame umbrella...

And "not be unsafe" with Maxi in this game means against a char like Sophie that you can only poke! Almost all lows are unsafe, she can interrupt many of Maxi´s stance transitions due to sheer speed and deals way more damage. So, how can Maxi win? Tell me those moves please.

And btw, i think Maxis step is not good... And even if it was good, Sophie has anti step killer like 66A, and for the "pro´s" 236236/TAS A(A)... just saying.

Sophie has 236B yeah. Fine. You can still mix her up. That move is linear. You can still use 4B, 236B doesn't stop that. You can still use 3B, it doesn't even beat that (but Cass' 236B does beat 3B mixups). Sophie is steppable, so you can still step punish. If you feel like they are going to 236B you at any time also, you can still WL. I just don't see how this match-up is nearly as bad as Kilik, Yoshi, or Cass.

Yoshi is worse for the following reasons:
1) Hes fast. His A is just as fast as sophies. His 6K is only a frame slower than sophies 236B. Not to mention.....
2) MCF!!!
3) His 3B cannot be GIed with WL
4) He can ring you out from a mile away
5) And then also little annoying things like the fact that his 214A flat out beats all RO mix-ups, and that Yoshi gets free helicopter unblockables that for some reason only maxi cannot ukemi out of.

i don't really know the exact setups. What i'm talking about is just a Helicopter UB tacked on to the end of some combos that is normally techable, but Maxi can't. I had Hajime doin these to me all the time and I was wondering why i couldn't seem to get away from these ever. Hes the one who told me Maxi is the only one that can't get away.

My Yoshi knowledge is fairly poor, but I know of one helicopter trap off of a CH on the second hit of 3B+K :B. There it can be avoided by teching forward.

Sophie has 236B yeah. Fine. You can still mix her up. That move is linear. You can still use 4B, 236B doesn't stop that. You can still use 3B, it doesn't even beat that (but Cass' 236B does beat 3B mixups). Sophie is steppable, so you can still step punish. If you feel like they are going to 236B you at any time also, you can still WL. I just don't see how this match-up is nearly as bad as Kilik, Yoshi, or Cass.

Yoshi is worse for the following reasons:
1) Hes fast. His A is just as fast as sophies. His 6K is only a frame slower than sophies 236B. Not to mention.....
2) MCF!!!
3) His 3B cannot be GIed with WL
4) He can ring you out from a mile away
5) And then also little annoying things like the fact that his 214A flat out beats all RO mix-ups, and that Yoshi gets free helicopter unblockables that for some reason only maxi cannot ukemi out of.

At first, i want to say that Sophies 236B is not! linear. It has a wierd hitbox that may hit stepping Characters to Sophies right. And how do you want to step 236B if it´s only used for punishing? The move good Sophies(you can see it in videos) whore out to get ridicilous damage is TAS/236236B, and that move is dangerous to step ´cause Sophie might track during double angel step and then she get´s an AWESOME! amount of damage. And she could still use 66A or/and 236236A(A) against step. I posted that before. And she can do 236A in many of Mayi´s combos, to avoid his mix ups and fast highs like ROA and so on. It´s really a 3:7 in my book.

About Yoshi, i don´t know that Char very good, and i have never heard about special disadvantages Maxi has against him. Mitsu has a real disadvantage against Yoshi, that´s what i know.

Jag: Hey. I just wanted to say that, while you might be right about 7-3 as a matchup, Sophi's 236A, 66A, and TAS A can all be stepped in some cases. Maybe not with Maxi, but definitely against other characters. Not sure if you know. Only her AA, throw, and 4A can't really be stepped in nearly all situations.

Jag: Hey. I just wanted to say that, while you might be right about 7-3 as a matchup, Sophi's 236A, 66A, and TAS A can all be stepped in some cases. Maybe not with Maxi, but definitely against other characters. Not sure if you know. Only her AA, throw, and 4A can't really be stepped in nearly all situations.

I didn´t list 236A as a step-killer, but as a "Maxi mixup killer".

Well, 66A only from close range afaik, other than that it is really a good step killer. And from close range, Sophie has that magical BB anyway. ^^

But yeah, i forgot that 236236A is really steppable... Still difficult with certain chars, like Astaroth... lol . But yeah, it´s possible.

But can Maxi step it...? I don´t know.

Edit:

Tested it. Maxi can step 236A quite reliable but 66A not, only close range is reliable.

About Yoshi, i don´t know that Char very good, and i have never heard about special disadvantages Maxi has against him. Mitsu has a real disadvantage against Yoshi, that´s what i know.

Rofl Nuggets with LoL sauce at this comment.

Yoshi vs. Mitsu isnt a real disadvantage. its 6:4 yoshi.

Maxi vs. Yoshi is a def. tough battle for Maxi. basicly maxi has to guess right 80% of the time.

236B for soph is a good punisher yes, so dont throw out moves that are punishable by that, pretty simple.
Yoshi's 6K2K takes off just as much as 236:B

Also those UB set ups your talking about are off of certain moves when they hit, not combos. They are mostly tech traps, some will even hit maxi, nightmare, and taki even when they lay there... The dmg isnt as much though so better to just lay there.

2:8 is a little much for kilik I'd say. Maybe for hilde its 2:8 but kilik has to be at least 3:7

kilik 4B+K goes under B+K and 4AB

and kilik does far more damage but who cares kilik is imba bullshit anyway

match up is impossible:don't bother in kiliks favor

actually hilde isnt as bad for maxi as you would think once you get in she lacks a way to get out of LI shit and a decent way to interrupt RC

Without doom combo...Hilde is garbage. Take that doom away from her and shes low tier with Maxi. I didnt understand why shes a bad match up for maxi

HRD

Rofl Nuggets with LoL sauce at this comment.

Yoshi vs. Mitsu isnt a real disadvantage. its 6:4 yoshi.

Maxi vs. Yoshi is a def. tough battle for Maxi. basicly maxi has to guess right 80% of the time.

236B for soph is a good punisher yes, so dont throw out moves that are punishable by that, pretty simple.
Yoshi's 6K2K takes off just as much as 236:B

Also those UB set ups your talking about are off of certain moves when they hit, not combos. They are mostly tech traps, some will even hit maxi, nightmare, and taki even when they lay there... The dmg isnt as much though so better to just lay there.

2:8 is a little much for kilik I'd say. Maybe for hilde its 2:8 but kilik has to be at least 3:7

But Mitsu has a big disadvantage, ´cause doorknocker combo does hit him in at least one typical Yoshi combo always 2 times, no other Char afaik. Real disadvantage here. Player like Furzy use that against Mitsus. Don´t know the exact term of the combo though.

And lol, basicly Maxi has to guess almost against every! Char more times right than wrong, ´cause that is what a Char heavily focused on mind- and guessing games is about!

And Sophie 236B is imo best punisher in the game, not just "good". And don´t forget, it is not only one or from crouch!! 2 frames faster than Yoshis 6K2K, but it hits also mid, unlike Yoshi does.

How does your Rofl Nuggets with LoL sauce taste now? ;)

BTW, i didn´t talk about UB´s and Hilde match up, so i don´t know why you came up with that in a post that was directed at me.

But Mitsu has a big disadvantage, ´cause doorknocker combo does hit him in at least one typical Yoshi combo always 2 times, no other Char afaik. Real disadvantage here. Player like Furzy use that against Mitsus. Don´t know the exact term of the combo though.

And lol, basicly Maxi has to guess almost against every! Char more times right than wrong, ´cause that is what a Char heavily focused on mind- and guessing games is about!

And Sophie 236B is imo best punisher in the game, not just "good". And don´t forget, it is not only one or from crouch!! 2 frames faster than Yoshis 6K2K, but it hits also mid, unlike Yoshi does.

How does your Rofl Nuggets with LoL sauce taste now? ;)

BTW, i didn´t talk about UB´s and Hilde match up, so i don´t know why you came up with that in a post that was directed at me.

It wasnt directed at you...

The only part that was directed at you was about Mitsu... and actually he gets DNK on alot of characters. The only mitsu specific one that really hurts him is FC 3K to DNK always hits mitsu... so thats big damage for such a fast low.

And my ROFL nuggets always taste good with LOL sauce!

Actually 236:B:4 is the best punisher in the game, not 236:B Ramon hits that shit like butter. This wasnt a talk about whos punishment is better. Just saying soph's game isnt only dependant upon punishment.

UB's was directed at L33t and the other guy to let them know when he gets them. and hilde was just a random opinion from me.

Hopefully that answered everything you needed to know.

Back