Maxi Match-up chart

It wasnt directed at you...

The only part that was directed at you was about Mitsu... and actually he gets DNK on alot of characters. The only mitsu specific one that really hurts him is FC 3K to DNK always hits mitsu... so thats big damage for such a fast low.

And my ROFL nuggets always taste good with LOL sauce!

Actually 236:B:4 is the best punisher in the game, not 236:B Ramon hits that shit like butter. This wasnt a talk about whos punishment is better. Just saying soph's game isnt only dependant upon punishment.

UB's was directed at L33t and the other guy to let them know when he gets them. and hilde was just a random opinion from me.

Hopefully that answered everything you needed to know.

Ah, OK, you know your post was a bit confusing ´cause only a post from me was quoted.

Anyway, that FC3K to DNK combo was exactly what i was reffering to, extrem stuf.. oO

And yeah, of course it Sophies 236:B:4. I always only type 236B ´cause i think that almost everybody on this side might know what is meant by that. And i know that Sophies game isn´t only dependant on punshment. But it is one of the gameplay-things she can do best.

That should be all i guess.

That hurts. If Im ignorant, maybe you can enlighten me as opposed to calling me ignorant!!

HRD
Have you even looked at what Hilde players have to say about it themselves? They generally think she's upper mid tier or higher, even without the combo. (See the soul arena.) From my own experience, Hilde has the best step in the game, too.

Trust us HRD, Hilde is a beast. Of course the doom combo is a key weapon but she can still be very good without it.

Maybe Ive played to many hildes that only wanna doom combo me. Her step is straight bad ass, no argument there. But what other tools does she have that make her so good. When I come across a Hilde, Im not all that scared. To me Shes kind linear and steppable.

I like to think that Maxi is upper mid tier or higher (Im dreamin I know) doesnt make it true.

HRD

But what other tools does she have that make her so good. When I come across a Hilde, Im not all that scared. To me Shes kind linear and steppable.

Sigh. Here's my summary:

-Best step in the game

-C3A (plus frames on block, great tech crouch, great ring out, i20 horizontal mid.)

-C2B (plus frames on block, i21 mid knockdown, can launch into ring out combo.)

-8K (i18 tech jumping high kick, rings out, avoids throws, safe on block.)

-44K (i23 high kick, -2 on block, knocks down, leads to C2BB combo.)

-4B+K (-16 on block; however, it is fast for a knockdown mid.)

-6B+K (also -16 on block; however, it is a vertical mid which tech jumps, knocks down, and leads to a combo.)

-1KK (low-mid. The second K is a nice trick for unsuspecting foes because the lack of animation will often counterhit them for a knockdown/combo.)

-3A (mid, safe on block, good tech crouch, and on counter hit leads to free 6A+K followup.)

Throws:
-B+G (back ring out)

-Commmad throw (when Hilde's back is to the wall, this throw leads to an attack throw automatically for over 1/3 of opponent's life bar.)

Pokes:
-Considering Hilde is more of a long range character, her A is relatively fast at i14 in comparison to someone like Mitsu, whose A is i15. Plus she has a standard 2A. And her 2B+K is a usable low poke at i20.

The first few moves listed at the top are enough to make Hilde competent and certainly not low tier if someone should always decide against using the doom combo. Taking all other things into consideration, she's definitely got a solid game. And I don't even know what else I'm missing. These are just the moves I remember having good properties.

no hilde sucks without charge relaunch her damage sucks her frames suck outside of charges

and charges do no damage without doom

If you take away charges completely then she's not even Hilde. I am saying she is still good without having to relaunch during mid-combo.

Rofl Nuggets with LoL sauce at this comment.

236B for soph is a good punisher yes, so dont throw out moves that are punishable by that, pretty simple.
Yoshi's 6K2K takes off just as much as 236:B
This is exactly my point. If you just stop doing things that can get punished by 236B, you aren't that bad off. And even when you do do something 236B-able, you can still make her think twice about doing it with WL. Against Yoshi, you don't have that option since he's usually punishing with either 6K or 3B. Also, Maxi has very few useful moves that get punished by 236B but don't get punished by 6K.
And why do you keep questioning Maxi's step? I've researched steps, and Maxi has a top 5 step. Only really Hilde, Vader, and maybe Nightmare are better.

This is exactly my point. If you just stop doing things that can get punished by 236B, you aren't that bad off. And even when you do do something 236B-able, you can still make her think twice about doing it with WL. Against Yoshi, you don't have that option since he's usually punishing with either 6K or 3B. Also, Maxi has very few useful moves that get punished by 236B but don't get punished by 6K.
And why do you keep questioning Maxi's step? I've researched steps, and Maxi has a top 5 step. Only really Hilde, Vader, and maybe Nightmare are better.

Uhm, last time i played Maxi, he was a pretty unsafe and a heavy guessing game Character.

Sophie players like my Bro really like unsafe and heavy on guessing game focused Characters, ´cause one right guess by the Sophie player and Maxi eats 236B or 236A. Maxi just can´t compete with her overall damage potential and speed, no way.

And like i said, Sophie´s 236B may hit even if you try to loop to one side, it can happen, wierd hitbox.

This is not just theory. My brother is one of the best Sophie players in the world. It was an uphill battle to win fights with Maxi. 2 rounds out of three... Yes, that happened a lot. But when the Sophie players pulls all strings at the end of the fight... Well, I gave up on that a long time ago to be honest. It´s just unfair. No fun for me.

And to be honest, i don´t like Maxi´s step that much. It is good, yes, but when i played with him it´s like he had iron shoes put on his feeds or something like that...

im curious, whos ur brother?

My Bro is daGOTTh. He placed 9th in Cannes( he and i were the only players from Germany in the top 10) 2010 out of over 100 players from all over the world...? Don´t know the exact number anymore. He was also Germany´s best player in SCIII(Sophie too).

I fight with him for almost 10 years now.

yeah pretty much, or at least don't do things that don't give you any option to bait out a 236B.

-You can still use 4B mix-ups. She can't really do anything to stop that.
-Unless they have really good reactions, you can still do B+K and mix-up the number of Bs to avoid punishes. B+KBBB is only -14, so if she is even a frame off on her punish, you get a free B+K JF on her. And if she is just throwing it out immediately after 3 Bs, you can throw the A for a CH and follow with BT B+K.
-You can still 4ABg (yeah, its -14, but if she gets too crazy with the instant 236B on block, just do 4AB WL).
-You can still use 33A.

What moves exactly are you worried about getting punished on?

I'm not saying this match-ups isn't bad for Maxi, i just don't think its nearly as bad as Kilik or Yoshi.

to beat 236B post 4AB I prefer PSL 4 (?) the one where you press 8, its safer vs a wider variety of options then WL

that being said WL is damn good in its own right

yeah, but you won't get any damage from PSL4 cause the transition is so slow, meaning you aren't really giving her any reason not to go for the punish. I personally find PSL4/5 to be pretty much useless since its a lot of risk for typically a free RO A at best.

Back