1.03 Tier List Discussion (aka Argument)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i second this

So post reasons why he's better than the people in front of him.

Though I do have to ask why Sophie dropped a tier... behind Mitsu, Yoshi (who's been considered an "on-paper top tier, high-mid in practice" char since the patch) and Voldo no less... did I miss something? Also, what puts Cass above her older sis?

I don't know why you have Tira so low. Have you ever seen a good Tira? She can be unpredictable out the wazoo if you know what you're doing.

I like Mi-Na where she is.

Having Tira as my most loved and best character, I know she can be unpredictable like crazy. However, I believe this tier isn't based on the skill or unpredictability of a player. It is based on the power, effectiveness, and versatility of the character his/herself. Tira's versatility is quite good. Many Attacks of hers can be used at any one time to throw off the opponent. While Tira's unorthodox style has a great varietal moveset that allows for crafty and deceitful play, the effectiveness and power of her fighting style must also be analyzed. As far as effectiveness, her moves can be very hard to defend. Unfortunately, her short range is a big flaw. Even her long range attacks- the lunges, swooping attacks, and the updraft (8B+K) moves are fairly easy to see coming, therefore defendable. Her power is pretty good, especially considering how variable her move options are. Good combos, several varying good combo starters, and that extra power in gloomy mood. However, her gloomy power also sets her health back and after a while her longer combos do as much damage to her at the end due to gloomy state and damage scaling. Even with her faults, Tira deserves higher. Even if this is only because of the insane impracticality and unpredictability ascossiated with a bladed hula hoop weapon matched with the emo and strange, (but aimable), character that is Tira.

Fellow Tira players, and skepticals alike, feel free to elaborate. Or be obnoxious and argue. whatever

Hilde moved up from Bottom Mid to Top Mid. Huge discussion about her was going on in flashchat. Best whiff punisher in the game, + Frames on C2 moves, insane ringouts.

• Top: Cass, Yoshi, Voldo, Algol, Sophie
  • Top Mid: Mitsu, Amy, Hilde, Lizardman, Cervy,
  • Mid: Kilik, Setsuka, Taki, Ivy, Seig, X
  • Bottom Mid: Raph, Nightmare, Asta, Zas, Yun, Tira,
  • Low: The Apprentice, Mina, Talim, Rock, Maxi

• Top: Cass, Yoshi, Voldo, Algol, Sophie
  • Top Mid: Mitsu, Amy, Hilde, Lizardman, Cervy,
  • Mid: Kilik, Setsuka, Taki, Ivy, Seig, X
  • Bottom Mid: Raph, Nightmare, Asta, Zas, Yun, Tira,
  • Low: The Apprentice, Mina, Talim, Rock, Maxi

this is by far the best tier list IMO

Seig is in his right place, he is not a top or even top mid tier.

just one thing, ivy at least should be in the top mid..

I honestly think Sieg should be in high mid, and Mitsu should be down in mid. A lot of people aren't dealing with really TOP quality Siegs yet, he's gained a ton of tools from SC3, even though the style remains largely the same. His hidden slide input low that gives +8 on hit, WS B being +1 on block, things like this push him past where he was in SC3.

Mitsu having things like his basic A,A slowed down hurts him enough where while he's still the same risk/reward style character, I think he falls a tier anyway.

Sieg belongs in mid tier.
He is similar to Mitsu in that he is an unsafe, heavily mix-up based character - only that he's even unsafer and slower than Mitsu, while having better range.
WS is -1 on block, not +1 and 22kA:2A is easy to see because of the twitchy animation of the high that you have to cancel to get it.
His reverse and offensive mix-up options are versatile and high-damaging, but he gets punished very hard if he guesses wrong (although as of now there seem to be few players who know all the punishing opportunities and max-dmg options). If he'd be safer I'd agree with that placement, but the way it is now I see little reason to put him above or in the same tier as characters with safer and more reliable tools and less reliance on guessing games.

Seems about right, but I definitely wouldn't have moved Sets DOWN at all. She's just fine in Upper Mid.

And yeah, I don't know too much about Ivy, but everything I hear leads me to think she can be more beastly than Mid.

I would say Ivy is top mid. is the order of each tier puting those chars above eachother as well? Killik > Ivy? Never. His wake-up games are all but gone with SW 1K B. Range is easily punished. Lows blocked on reaction. Close game dims in comparison. And CS alone make her better than Killik. Her crap frame data is the only thing keeping her out of high. That's MY opinion.

X is definately top mid at least. I don't play her so I can't make a great arguement. Setsuka may belong in top mid as well, haven't seen a great one yet, but she has the tools. I would argue that Mitsu is Mid but that's just bias. He seems to get stronger with each installment.

Kilik gets top tier because he can abuse the hitbox issues several characters have with him. I'll also argue Nightmare is at least the same tier as Siegfried if not higher. I make this as a Siegfried player who envies players of Nightmare...better tracking and matchups against characters like Soph (read this as many quick hits for Nightmare hit while few of Sieg's do) along with GS combo finishes being easy as pie with ringout potential lead me to believe Nightmare is actually higher tier. But I'd be content with just having them the same tier.

Sophie horribly MAULS Nightmare still.
And hes actually slower than Siegfried.
Most of the time GS KK is tech-able in combos and doesnt even ring out that far anymore.

Nightmares lower mid. AgA JFs, Stance shenanigans and Whiff punishing save him from being lower.

Kilik should be High. Maxi should definitely be bottom. Mina and Rock destroys him. Xianghua should definitely be High Tier.

Also, HOW THE HELL IS HILDE SO HIGH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back