1.04 Wishlist

July 17th, 2008.

Page said:
The high end play is high end...? <3

It's true, though, that high level online play is possible. I've never denied that. I've been playing competitive games online for more than a decade, and I would never not do that just because of lag. It'll always be there, and you learn to play with it.

Online play will be a great way to keep up with the latest character strats, sure, but it's just as possible that there will be moves that appear broken online, but are perfectly manageable offline. Could you imagine someone abusing 2KB against someone with 100+ ping? There would be nothing anyone could do about it, really, except block low all the time and eat mids constantly. Moves like that, as well as quick moves that are reasonably safe will become blisteringly fast moves that are more than safe, since even if your opponent managed to block it there'd be too much lag for him to punish.

Which is a problem. You have a lot of scrubs complaining about moves that are perfectly reasonable offline, but are really broken when you start factoring lag. It's bound to happen to some degree. And many of them, as should be evident just from the people on this board, will think lag had nothing to do with it, since the game didn't freeze or chop up (which isn't really an indication of lag -- you can have 150 ping and your game will still run smooth).

I'm really hoping that online play will bring new blood into the more competitive aspects of SC, but I don't think that ratio will be that great. Maybe 1:1000 scrubs will bother to step his game up, maybe 1:100 of those will bother to get in contact with local players for offline games. I'm just ballparking, but I'd be surprised if the ratios were any better.

Hate to say I told you so. . .

There was another post I made warning about people using online as a measuring stick for character balance, but I can't seem to find it right now.

I'll ask for the same stuff I always ask for. Fix the random whiffs and hitbox problems. Fix the lingering bugs. Fix Rock's alignment issues. Fix armour breaks. Maybe do a little something with Hilde. And please release the patch right before Nats.

Mina:
- make it so 11A and 1BA don't clip through stepping opponents
- make 3bK safe (maybe as a JF?)
- 6A+B needs a cancel
- make 44K end in FC
- give her some damn JF's: 3b:K, 8B+K :B :B (oh the hilarious possibilities...GC? frame advantage on block?), 44A:A (or even 44A[A] would be pretty awesome)

Cassy:
- give her "Ugh. You're DEFINITELY not my type!" back

EDIT: ADD THE FUNCTION TO RECORD MATCHES. SAVE THE VIDEOS TO THE PS3/360 HARDDRIVE. This would be so damn useful.

This is all we need right here.

I dunno mitsu pretty much deserves the hate. when his moves connect they're bullshit and the fact that they're all good mixups makes him that much bullshittier.

EVERYTHING tracks and a LOT of his stuff ROs and hits grounds. He's pretty absurd. You can't step the bastard and his verticals are just devastating. Throw in a 2KB mix up and he's completely unfair online. I disconnect a LOT against misturugis simply because they win off of pure lag rather than skill.

Wrong. Mitsu is very weak to left step (All he has are a few highs and some rather slow and/or unsafe mids). His 2KB and 2A can now be stepped to his left, which is a huge nerf. Notice how he's not dominating any tournies, or even placing notably well?

Wrong. Mitsu is very weak to left step (All he has are a few highs and some rather slow and/or unsafe mids). His 2KB and 2A can now be stepped to his left, which is a huge nerf. Notice how he's not dominating any tournies, or even placing notably well?

2KB is also unsafe as hell.

Mitsu is strong and solid. He's annoying. He's a Paul of Soul Calibur. But he's no Mishima. There is nothing broken about mitsu. The reason he's good is there's no stupid hitbox glitches he has to deal with, so when you do a move, you can reliably say you did the move.

On a sidenote, I wouldn't mind a change in Tira's JS AA/BB. If not more frames, then more variation from GS, like Ivy. I sure miss SC3AE BB though.

I'm standing behind my Rock proposals though. I think a knockdown 4B and more damage and some crouch throw fixing would put him up a few levels.

Make Amy's sword longer. (I can wish, can't I?)
I want to hit grounded people with Tira's JS 66B, dammit.
For the love of everything holy, please make Nightmare's soul gauge game better. Tira's too, for that matter.

My only wish:

Please model separate "torn" or "broken" models for each custom armor piece, so that they don't just outright disintegrate when you break them. I hate piecing together an elaborate and cool outfit, only to watch it get ripped to shreds on the first hit of battle.

My only wish:

Please model separate "torn" or "broken" models for each custom armor piece, so that they don't just outright disintegrate when you break them. I hate piecing together an elaborate and cool outfit, only to watch it get ripped to shreds on the first hit of battle.

Sorry, but that's not happening. Not unless you are willing to buy a SC4: Uprising/DR/Vengence/whatever they feel like putting here.

Make it so that if a mitsururgi uses 2KB more than three times in one match Hilde runs out onto the stage and uses her ringout combo on him....or he gets struck by lightning.....or he has a heart attack.....or a young girl fingers his japanese ass for molestation and he gets arrested.

Make it so that Tira isn't so god damn unwieldy.

Fix whiffing issue, especially with rock's stuff.

Make rock's 4B better. "Okay what we're going to do now is make Astaroth's 4B a mid that hits grounded and can be charged, and Rock's is gonna be a high."

Make Maxi require a password to play, one known only to me. (THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!)

Will post more as I think of them.

Raphael

• Make it so that when you do his teleport,his back isn't turned against the opponent..seriously,wtf is that?
    Don't make the teleport cheap,but at least give him an advantage to it. :(
  • Give him his BB tracking back! >O

Make it so that if a mitsururgi uses 2KB more than three times in one match Hilde runs out onto the stage and uses her ringout combo on him....or he gets struck by lightning.....or he has a heart attack.....or a young girl fingers his japanese ass for molestation and he gets arrested.

Make it so that Tira isn't so god damn unwieldy.

Fix whiffing issue, especially with rock's stuff.

Make rock's 4B better. "Okay what we're going to do now is make Astaroth's 4B a mid that hits grounded and can be charged, and Rock's is gonna be a high."

Make Maxi require a password to play, one known only to me. (THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!)

Will post more as I think of them.

oh but the great dr hobo i mistaken. I must also have the password!!

I haven't read this thread at all, but is there really gonna be a 1.04 patch?... If so fix Hilde and Algol combos... That is all.

- I.C.E.

For mitsu complainers, step left and stop playing online. SSL > 2kb, BB and 3B.

I for one hope namco isnt reading this thread because it has the distinct air of online whiners.

-Idle

For mitsu complainers, step left and stop playing online. SSL > 2kb, BB and 3B.

I for one hope namco isnt reading this thread because it has the distinct air of online whiners.

-Idle

I doubt they give a shit.... which is good, in this case.

Anyway, Raph's BB tracking was retarded. I'd rather just have another move or two that can catch left step (6A, maybe). A viable teleport would be nice, though...

Nightmare
For god-sake! GIVE A UTILITY TO Down B+K this move is just useless, Short Range, Middle, Slow, Unsafe, and damage is not worthy of Nighty's punch

Back