α Patroklos General Discussion/ Q&A

I'm guessing this is also why 214B+G ~ JFTx2 doesn't work on Pyrrha
what? lol no, JFTx2 always work if you input it correctly. Quoting myself:
A perfectly executed JFTx2 will never miss. If it's inconsistent, then that's because you messed up the execution.
Provided you understand when JFTx2 is possible of course. That is, when the opponent's back is on the ground and their legs are up in the air facing you. Any other position and JFTx2 is bound to miss

I tested all scenarios when I got home. I got JFTx2 to land in every one of them except in 1B:Bx2 against Aeon since 2143B will whiff, but if you decide not to do the 2143B follow up and go straight to twister, it will still hit. I'll see if I can get all that on video when I have time.

Edit: a friend of mine says he can't get to land some of the stuff you can, but can land some of the stuff I cant. So... I'm just gonna go ahead and say aPat is stupid and inconsistent and leave it at that lol

Last edited:
Oh god yes, all these whiffing problems should have been patched by Namco, but no, Tekken is their baby so they just forget about us :[

Can Alpha Pat get a throw out of any of his wall combos? Like 214B+G for an extra 2x JFT at the end. I could never get any situation to work, but maybe someone knows of one? Maybe impractical, but style points count as something.

Can Alpha Pat get a throw out of any of his wall combos? Like 214B+G for an extra 2x JFT at the end. I could never get any situation to work, but maybe someone knows of one? Maybe impractical, but style points count as something.

Yes, there's a lot of inconsistency though. You can't really depend on getting a throw from a wall hit, but if you can exhaust your wall hits using 1B:B you're at +16 and [I believe] throws can't be ducked and reset the damage. Of course, look carefully at the range 1B:B leaves your opponent - you don't want to get punished for the attempt. I think it also gives you a free back throw if you hit them facing back, but I'm not sure about that one.

How do you go about fighting Aeon? Any specific matchup things anyone know of?

I'm having trouble moving around, considering his 66A. It's pretty damn hard to punish too, unless you have CE available, but if I'm in a yolo mode I sometimes try to JFT it (as it's -12 on block).

I basically feel that he's a very well rounded character with an exceptional ability to stop me from moving too much, which makes his verticals much stronger too.

How do you go about fighting Aeon? Any specific matchup things anyone know of?

I'm having trouble moving around, considering his 66A. It's pretty damn hard to punish too, unless you have CE available, but if I'm in a yolo mode I sometimes try to JFT it (as it's -12 on block).

I basically feel that he's a very well rounded character with an exceptional ability to stop me from moving too much, which makes his verticals much stronger too.

I once tried to punish 66A with JFT. While I was consistently hitting the i12 JFT version of twister, and punishing him when he used 66A you need to keep in mind one thing :
33A shits on our JFT parade : 33A (and 663A) is -10.

So I don't advice to use JFT against 66A all the time. You can't see which version of the move he will use.
BUT ... 66A and 663A have a big frame difference. 663A is really slower. And if he use 663A you will be able to step G which is nice.

Easy answer against 66A : don't step or move around. Just dash in, apart from 66A his pushbacks are not really great, so you will be able to bait some attacks at disadvantage for a juicy CH if he wants to prevent you getting close.

Don't duck (much or don't duck at all, both are good), be aware of your ring positionning and spacing.
236~3B is your best friend, 8A+BA, 4K and 66A your other best friends.

Don't forget to punish every unsafe stuff he does (iJFT is important against 3B for exemple - but be aware that max range 3B cannot be punished).
Keep in mind 66A is only +2 hit and 1B BE is only +2 block... if you see what I mean :) If you don't well, just think about it.
Don't hesitate to backdash guard too if he attacks too much at disadvantage (or advantage). JFT and 236~3B whiff punishs are a way of life.

In the Shad vs Deus vid, you'll notice Shad using too much 33B. He should really have used more 236~3B. You lose tracking power but gain some CH and antibackdash power which is really nice against Aeon.

To make A+G,8A+BB,2A:BE,JFO On the characteres has small hit box, it is necessary to make :
A+G~4(short timing),8A+BB,2A:BE,JFO

Back