Aeon Tech Trap Discussion

CH 22A, CH 22AB both give tech traps for 1A, but I forgot to test if 1A hits OTG and I'm stuck at work. Doh!

1A doesn't seem to hit grounded if I remember right.

Edit: I also think 1A will techtrap after 33K if opponent actually ukemis, but they could also just get up blocking low and block it.

And a few others, may need to test all directions on some.

9K -> 66A
9B -> 2A or 2K (I think it was escapable with back ukemi).
22/88B -> 2A (again, may be escapable with back ukemi).
6bA+B+K -> 66A and 66B (need to test more directions, I know 66B is escapable to at least one).

33_99k gives nice tech trap options for more damage. 1a, 66b(87 damage) is a nice little tech trap to guarantee a combo no matter which way they roll, but for more damage, you can go for 33_99b.
33b catches back/left rolls, 99b catches back/right rolls. depending on which way they rolled and you catch them, you can follow up with BT B+K, 4B+K(G)(106 damage), or just to go straight into CE(143 damage).

I also like to mix up 33_99k with 11_77k since they both have about the same start up. 11k will also force them to guess the oki again for the repeat(33k or 11k).

Looks 44B -> 66A catches all. Not bad since 44B picks up off the ground.

6B (BE)-> G~4B+Kg catches from certain angles.

6B (BE)-> G~66A catches all. Strict timing.

1A -> 22AB catches all but right.

6[K] catches back tech after CH 22AB.

Near a wall or ring edge, 66K -> CE will catch all for half bar. If they stay on the ground only the first part will hit.

Confirming 9B_22/88B, 2A tech traps can be back Ukemi'd

I've been using 9B a lot so, here's what I have:

3K tech traps all directions - 50 dmg

3A traps all directions - 57 dmg

2K tech traps sides and hits grounded, but whiffs back - 46 dmg

2B tech traps back and to his left (opponent R) and hits grounded - 50 dmg

66K hits sides - 78 dmg

6B hits sides, whiffs back - 48 dmg

6B BE - 52 dmg to tech opponent R, 92 dmg tech opponent L. If for some reason they should tech front, it hits full and you can follow up with ~G, 4B+KG for 156 dmg.

4K hits sides whiffs back, you have to hit deep with 9B though - 62 dmg

I think there are a few more, but so far I think 3A is the best option, 66K near the wall, 2B if you suspect they might stay down.

While this may not be of the utmost use...it's at least a use for fireballs!

Off of 1A 66B, if the opponent ukemis in any direction and you delay a fireball as long as possible, it tracks their tech and they can't step it (so fireball fly+k reset damage, total of 100 damage if they tech ). Of course they can roll to the sides, but if you go directly to fly k from 66B instead it'll hit all directions of rolling. If the opponent tries rolling the fireball with a back or forward roll, the fireball will hit but not the k.

33K also techtraps with itself and will hit grounded too, though you may wanna do it as 33K then 99K, since if you're far to one side it may whiff one ukemi direction.

33K 33K (grounded) = 64 damage
33K 33K (techtrap) = 75 damage

I've...used it accidentally while backstepping and trying to do an immediate 4B+K sometimes. Although people don't seem to punish it since they just duck for the next two hits, and it does do a LOT of guard damage.

For another kinda fireball techtrap, if you do 1B BE then 66B a little delayed (so it hits them on the ground), then delay fireball it'll track all ukemi but one of the sides I think. On one character I tried it on (can't remember who) it tracked both sides, but it doesn't on Aeon himself (haven't tried rest of the cast).

If you do 66B earlier (as in it hits them in the air) it also seems that a delayed fireball will track most if not all directions of air control, but I only briefly tested this. Rolling would also avoid it and the techtrap above, but I'm pretty sure going straight to 66BK will hit the roll.

Guess I can leak one or two here...

After 8B or 9B :
- 3A catches all sides
- 66K catches left and right
- CE catches left and right

If your opponent is close to the edge or a wall 66K and CE catch all directions.
If your opponent doesn't tech, 44K will catch him for combo damage.

Also keep in mind that this isn't something you do on reaction. You have to guess right.
Why am I even giving out my shit?

Guess I can leak one or two here...

After 8B or 9B :
- 3A catches all sides
- 66K catches left and right
- CE catches left and right

If your opponent is close to the edge or a wall 66K and CE catch all directions.
If your opponent doesn't tech, 44K will catch him for combo damage.

Also keep in mind that this isn't something you do on reaction. You have to guess right.
Why am I even giving out my shit?

To help the lizard community? Although a bunch of those were actually stated further up in the topic by Brahma.

To help the lizard community? Although a bunch of those were actually stated further up in the topic by Brahma.

Yeah that's right actually. Then let me make up for it with those:
- After 8B+K(Maximum Distance), 33K catches all sides AND hit grounded.
- 1A works after 33K.
- After 66K (CH), 66A catches all sides (hard).

Back