Algol General Discussion/Q&A

It is 0 on hit.

yeah you are right, i made test again, and it's 0 on hit

...the thing is, i put 2 algols in practice mode, the dummy one was setting to:
1.-standing doing nothing and
2.-attaking with K
.....and i hit with 1K then spaming 6BBB and my 6BBB wins......but.....if i set the dummy algol to:
1.-standing doing nothing then
2.-replay a recorded K
.....dummy algol wins with that K if i try to hit him with 6BBB after 1K.....very strange thing

So, I've found some interesting things about landing a 44B from the side or behind. For example, if you hit land a 44B from behind them, after 44B > 66A+B > iFC 8B BE they will land head first at your feet, allowing you to do a free 2A+B > iFC 8B for a much more damaging combo. I would love to document this, but I don't have a capture card, so would someone like to help me out? I can show you everything on XBL and you record it.

That's true, but if you don't have much meter you can get more damage from a side or back 44B. This is helpful for instance when Nightmare whiffs a CE.

There are also some instances where they land with their feet towards you, but land at a much shorter distance than a regular 44B > 66A+B > iFC 8B(BE). Most of the time this lets you do 2A+B > iFC 8B BE, which puts them head first at your feet so you can do it again. These situations vary depending on the opponents character and their distance when launched. In some situations this can be ukemid to the left, but I've seen that larger characters like Astaroth and Nightmare have problems with this.

That's true, but if you don't have much meter you can get more damage from a side or back 44B. This is helpful for instance when Nightmare whiffs a CE.

and not just in that instance....when nightmare do a 4K(BE)....you block the first hit, tap down in second to evade the high attack, and tap down and hold in third hit...this method will let you in nightmare back in an instant, and you can do a 44B.

Are there rules for what can reflect Algol's orbs?
I've done it with Pyrrha's A+B.
I thought an orb counted as a thrusting mid kick.

After you aGI them a billion times they start to hold it, which is when you can just 66B or run up and grab. I love it!

After you aGI them a billion times they start to hold it, which is when you can just 66B or run up and grab. I love it!

yeah is good....but in my case, i do not use too much Algol's aGI to interrupt strings, because it deal so little damage, when you have better options to do, im only use it after some unsafe moves

A lot of the time I use it on strings I normally wouldn't be able to punish. It doesn't do much damage, but it does give you decent oki. But yeah something like a 66B would be preferrable any time you can get it in.

623B is great against ZWEI simply because the alternatives (ducking, stepping, JGing) don't always net the best results. Take 66A+B for example; the 2nd hit can't be stepped and is only -4 on JG. 623B on the other hand grants you 30 damage and a knockdown. It's also possible to mostly react to the delay options when it comes to 66A+B so if you're on point you don't risk getting a 623B blocked too much.

For some moves it is better to just duck and take the free FC 8B BE of course, but 623B is good in this matchup.

Back