[ARCHIVE] Speculative Siegfried Movelist

Status
Not open for further replies.
depending on the autoGI, yes, I use Siegs b+k for horizontals: highs, mids, lows and throws. And I use Raphs autoGI 4A+B for trows :)

I thought Siegfried's B+K lost the ability to auto-gi throws in SCIV? Well looks like its returned to SCIII status now with added auto-gi frames while in stance!.

I thought Siegfried's B+K lost the ability to auto-gi throws in SCIV? Well looks like its returned to SCIII status now with added auto-gi frames while in stance!.
As per Kayanes comment on facebook, seems that Sieg received some major improvements that makes her think that our dear Sieg is the strongest character from the SCV demo...

YESH!

God-Tier, because he is a god :P

Apart from the funny part, man that's great news! More Sieg in tourneys! Yeah, the training dummy gets revenge!

I wanna go to a tourney now now! I cannot wait for 2 years T_T

BTW, SCV comes out between March and April... Will people compete on it since the fiirst day of it, or... How does this work? Will SCV be available in summer tourneys immediately after its release?

OH SIEGFRIED ROCKS! AND WE SEE IT! AND KAYANE SAYS IT NOW! AND OVERALL HE KICKS A$$! HELL YEAH, REVENGE!​

^^^ O.o

I think it was his B+G throw, but I'm not very sure... BE = yellow aura on the char, right?

44K's range is still epic!

Saitoh was cool enough to demonstrate that 66KB is back, albiet a bit different - instead of resembling 3B, it resembles SCIV WR B, which was probably one of my favorite WR B's just because of its distinctiveness from 3B. Also I can't load shit after that since dorm internet is absolutely terrible, so someone should definitely check the video out and see what cool new stuff Siegfried can do.

Well, I saw many amazing stuff in this vid ^^
I love the new, yet old, 66KB!!! Apart from that I wanna say that Sieg's SBH AGI seems to be strong and working pretty well. I've never seen it working so many times :P
BTW, when Sieg gets Soul Burst he says "Damn", sooo cute!

And I wanna tell what I observed about this Soul Burst from that video. Well, in the last battle in the round before the last one, Maxi's HP was blinking red, which obviously means that he'd be Soul Burst. Sieg though didn't manage to break his guard and put him into disadvantage in that battle. We could say that he'd finish the job in the last round, just like it could happen in SCIV, but nop. Maxi's HP was not blinking at all, in the last round. So Sieg would have to do the same amount of damage to him when guarding to get that Soul Burst. To me that is kinda cool, but this mechanic is in favour of defense imo.
Also, after your HP starts blinking, is it possible to get rid of this by attacking or not?

And as for JGs... They don't seem to be doing anything special imo. They are just like normal guards though you get a small amount of frames as advantage, but not anything big... Did you see how many JGs did Sieg in a row? And Maxi was not affected at all... So, I don't see anything bad...

Observations from Saitohs vid:

The 2nd hit of 66K that was mentioned is a BE. It combos on normal hit and guarantees either SCH B or SCH K A+B+K~juggle. The transitions also seems to be rather safe (same as SC4 WS B perhaps). This gives Sieg an extremely dangerous short range poke and punisher. First thing that REALLY impresses me about the new Siegfried.
Also, SC3 SBH K is back (knockdown on normal hit that guarantees follow-ups, tho Saitoh only uses 1K) and the second hit of 1AA leaves them close enough for a 3B. Even normal agA causes a spin stun vs airborne opponents.
B6 does not have its SC2 ground bounce against airborne opponents, so agA remains the best option after SCH K A+B+K and similar launches.
66A is DEFINITELY a mid.
SBH K seems safer. Maxi couldn't punish with a 4B afterwards that didn't look like it got buffered late. This is highly subjective, tho.
SCH B's blockstun looks rather big. It might have it's SC3 frames back, might be even better. This has to be confirmed.

Top...tier...Siegfried? No...this cannot be!

It actually seems that way, I just saw a video in the morning and I'm sure he is top now. Also I trust what Kayane said about Sieg being overpowered and he got to the finale.

Sig's back-dash seems better! Saitoh retreats easily constantly. This is good for Sig, IMO fast back-dash is the best upgrade from SC5 Sig. n_n Thank you Saitoh for zoning & not just 3B-ing the entire match, THANK YOU A LOT!!

What is ridiculous ? It's a back throw... it's not about 50 damage !

The problem of SBH K BE are the damage on combo and on the ground. So few....

Siegs backthrow has always been one of the strongest in the game, going as far as being 5 more dmg than Nightmares. I also don't think SBH K BE is gonna be a good move, but it does have its place (frametraps from SBH transitions, IF it is still safe).

Hmm... you are right, it's a back throw, it needs to be powerful... But I was shocked at first ^^

I watched the Namco stream this morning, and though there weren't any new moves, there were two things:

SRSH K ~ CE does a SHITLOAD of damage
3A ~ 2A+B is a combo now at any range - no more stupid, dicey 3A ~ 3B combos that may or may not hit.

I'll link to the stream when it gets mirrored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back