Are you happy with Siegfried in SC4?

You have good points, Stryker; there are just some things that make no sense.

SRSH A: What the crap was so overpowered about this move in SC3 that they had to strip every single benefit off of it to the point of uselessness? It is slow, deliberate, hits -high-, does no knockdown or anything on either regular or counter hit, and leaves Sieg vulnerable as hell. In SC3 it was useful, not overpowered in any way. Garbage. Complete garbage for no reason.

tiamat: The cheesy high in AE that you were talking about was 22kA. stupid i8 piece of shit that gives blockstun; not to mention 22ka:2A in AE gave a free 22kA -_- for like 70 damage. this move and the AE flapjack (furthur range) are the reasons why i prefer SC4 sieg, as far as balance are concerned.

Another reason why i think i don't want the sieg in SC3AE is because of his WSB. Too good. It hurts more on normal hit, and is a lot safer. ITs true that people can stuff in AAs to beat the K after WS, but if sieg does SCH A, the SCHA will create a weapon clash between both characters to make it a neutral situation... which makes it good for sieg because he has the i8 bullcrap.

At least now in SC4, the weapon clashy system is different. So after WS is guarded, SCH A will clash with only the first A, but the second A will hit sieg, putting him at a disadvantage.

about his 66KA... I don't use it at all because i think that its really really bad. I use B6 and 6A to fill up its role now.

I feel that the loss of 66KB, 22kA, god-like flapjack and AE WSB, are covered up nicely by his terrific CF game.

so in summary, I am very happy with the new sieg because AE sieg was just crazy (flapjack, 22kA, WSB, 66KB).

strip Sieg of his CF game, and he's very near trash imo

BH A+B is still great! yay!!
I think i use BH more than any other stance with SC4 Sieg

spidey in 3 3B or WS B into SCH B was not a NC, if the opponent timed it right they could block the second hit.

RSH A was trash in 3 and still is trash in this game

Sieg never had a i8 anything, his knee was fast but def not that fast, still a i11 I believe, maybe his recovery was faster? I didnt play AE that much but I highly doubt his knee was i8 or I would have seen a hell of alot more sieg players from tier whores.

Stryker- 66KA is safe isnt it? if it is you can mix that up with normal 66K and make them scared to punish unless they 2A which is just poke damage.

Theyre talking about AE 22kA, which canceled the initial step before the roundhouse while keeping all its other awesome properties. This enabled Sieg to punish safe moves with no pushback and gave him a few more ugly combos.

....oh damn, I take back what I said.....makes me wanting to play AE just to see this

supposedly it was 100% guaranteed after GIing the opponent as well (meaning they cannot re-GI or block it). pretty cheap

I only played AE a couple times and sucked too much to perform the move, but I've seen it in videos.

eh I`m not gonna plug in the game to check so I`ll just take your word for it

muahahahahahaha, that AE move Sieg had was broke as hell, i used it like i would use an AA i swear to God. BTW, we really need to stop reminiscing though :P

iWS A is where it's at now :)

RSH A was trash in 3 and still is trash in this game
RSH A was pretty damn good in SC3!!! I loved to use that move!! very good start animation so was hard to GI; if the opponent was on the run this move hit them on CH knockdown very far the opponent then ruleting to SBH and finishing this awesome combo with SBH A+B, and if the SBH hit the opponent near to a corner (or hole as you wish to name it) RO was for sure. Pretty damn good advantage on block and the possibility to roullete in SBH for a powerful SBH K or SBH B. In SC4 is trash in SC3 was glorious.

Stryker- 66KA is safe isnt it? if it is you can mix that up with normal 66K and make them scared to punish unless they 2A which is just poke damage.

Maybe your sparring partners are no as skilled as my partners... when I do 66K they punish me... when I do 66KA they punish me using the same FC moves and the same hit time as when punish 66K. In SC3 I spammed 66K a lot!! SC3 66K was a very good interrupt move, even against side steppers also on CH was excellent as wallplash move or for a sweet RO.

I'm playing as Siegfried since SB, I'm not the genius type of player but I got enough skills to know the difference between a good or a bad move, and how was Siegfried in certain game.

As players we have to live with different type of opponents every day and my worst "nightmare" its to beat opponents too easy, I prefer a close match than a easy one, so that's the first point to me to choose Siegfried as character; its strong and also fast for mid and close pokes but his vulnerable side is wide open more than others...

...one time in SC3 Magic told me: "please stop using Siegfried! when the match goes hard its too easy for me to just wait for you to move and just punish till you are dead"... Magic beat me pretty damn hard in SC3, but in SC4 he's even thinking about left the game just cause he can't even defeat me using that old technique, and because the new balance Taki its not as powerful as she used to be, but simply some "nerfings" are killing me to dead.

-Stryker-

This video shows how I used to play in SC3... I always hate the broken mechanics in the last game that are the same thing that I love in SC4... I used to complaint to much about Siegfried in SC3 and really can't complaint about this new Siegfried in this new game cause it make me have what I was looking in first place: fun and more fun.

I love the CH stuns for 4A, and 6K even when are totally easy shakeable...

I love SCH B even when is high and I only can use it after CH 3...

I love more then ever the CH properties for WR B, 11B and 1AA even when its hard to get on CH even when hitting the opponent while attacking.

I was using a lot of characters to feel their balance and their properties by myself and all the characters had weak and strong points also... I did some mathematical operations about that to compare every character in my analysis and Siegfried have the same level in strong properties than the most of top tier characters but twice the weak points.

As my sign says I would say, My Siegfried can be a top tier only when I'm playing like a top player... Its my quote to be motivated and keep going and going with my hard training.

-Stryker-

keep in mind 66K/66KA is not in my movelist, I was just giving a suggestion to people that do use it

this is how I used to play in 3, I used to have to work soooo damn hard and against the really good players, defeat was inevitable =(

EDIT: Yea I remember dreamkiller coming up to me and telling me of your sieg, i wanted to play against you back then but your just too damn far away. I really miss those delayed jump attacks =(

heh..my sieg was way different from that...Anyway, i think the disparity between teirs was the major issue in 3. Sieg was always pretty balanced. He's basically the same way, just that the top has gone down a few steps, and the low tiers went up a few steps ;)

I am extremely happy with Sieg. I totally agree with Stryker in the fact that Sieg has the potential to be a top tier, unstopable character, but you really have to be on your game and play him like so. There is no easy button with siegfried, other than 3B at times =p. He has big range, damage, decent safety, amazing mixup game, but if you dont play smart and use his stuff at the right time, you are getting punished for it. I also just love his stances and stance canceling. They all have their uses at different times and the evasion, and mixup they provide is like no other character in this game or a lot of other games for that matter. Truly unique.

Alright for those of you that didnt play sieg in 3 here are the differences and my opinion on everything

In SC3 Sieg was called low/mid tier not because he was that bad of a character, but compared to the tools everyone else had, he was the low guy on the totem pole. Lets face it, to get the opponenet to duck you had to be in some sort of stance or use a throw and even then against a truly solid player, things could get frustrating really easily because if the opponent was a true turtle, then they could block ALL DAY!

In SC4 Sieg had some changes to his game play, nothing too drastic in my eyes but definately had some changes. Now to tell you the truth he is not all that different because like I said, he didnt change too much, the gameplay did which diverted our strategy to win, instead on focusing on how to break a turtle with throws and ALOT of dancing, we now have the SG or Soul Gauge. Now moves like B4 has a true purpose. This new change is what makes sieg as scary as he is because lets face it, he is still missing those annoying lows that other characters seem to have but thats ok.

Another change is the buffering system is gone as well as the backstep which I knew all of us did. So do I like SC4 sieg better than SC3 sieg? well thats really hard to say, are we talking about using the 3 system in both or 4? Personally I like sieg in this game because he can break down that SG oh so easily and it makes people want to beat you by offensive and moving rather sit there and block and we all know sieg has tools to stop the step.....now stopping a harsh offensive is on the player.

personally I dont care for the disappearance of the buffering system and I wish sieg had a regular sweep like nightmare did in 2 but eh.....gotta work with what ya got

True he doesnt have a quick non stance sweep, but he has good lows and low pokes with the JF 22A+K A, 2A, 1k, a large throw range to get people to duck and of course the RSH sweep. Yeah it can be easy to see but sometimes ill RSH, cancel and then grab or do a quick mid. Always keep em guessing. That, coupled with the massive soul guage damage he does, I find its pretty easy to break down defense and get some big dmg CHs.

thats exactly what I`ve been saying, in 3 thats how you would have to win minus the SG, you would have to think of throw setups, and find someway to utilize what lows he has to offer. though I love a+kA2A, you can see the low and block it, its really only good for doing SG damage and being safe.

Back