"Biologically male/female" - an outdated (and harmful) notion

Many do, but not necessarily all.

I find that pictures are often helpful when trying to get your point across, so here's a picture of different levels of androgen insensitivity syndrome:

Quigley_scale_for_androgen_insensitivity_syndrome.jpg

Now, at which point do you draw the line at male and female genitalia? And this is just one intersex condition among countless, which can lead to all sorts of genital configurations.

The reason this is a big deal is because medical surgery to 'correct' the condition can often severely harm the child in the long-term, and in most cases it isn't required to allow the patient to function normally.

What's going on in diagram number 2? I think I know, but my mind does not want to accept that possibility. (Not trying to be insensitive here).

I don't understand: Why do transgender people make such a big deal about what people call them? I think it's a moral issue with the way sexes are portrayed by society rather than real biological discomfort -although I know very little on the topic and I'm most likely wrong.
Some do, some don't. I myself am a transvestite (Straight male who dresses as a woman) and I have no problem with what people call me. The world says a lot of things. I think why most "trans" people get offended is because of our own mental issues we deal with, the label kinda puts more gas into the fire if you will.

Wtf are you even arguing? That intersex people exist? I think most of us know that!

The opposite of intolerance isn't tolerance - it's understanding.

By what alien definition of "opposite?" Clearly the word "intolerance" is the negation of "tolerance," and one can understand something they dislike and still be intolerant of it.

Last edited:
Male = member of a species that is capable of impregnating a female member of the same species and producing fertile offspring.
Female = member of a species that is capable of being impregnated by a male member of the same species and bearing fertile offspring.
Seahorse

Female seahorses give birth to the offspring, which are then carried by the male in a pouch. Seahorses aren't hermaphroditic (i.e. the males do not produce female gametes) so the male/female distinction still stands.

Just because you aren't 100% one or the other, doesn't mean the dichotomy somehow magically doesn't exist. It's a very fundamental component of SEXUAL reproduction.

Nature makes mutations, weird things happen. Exceptions to every rule exist (think Platypus)

Sometimes when you fill out a form, like an application for example, and they ask you which race you are, there is an 'other' category for people who aren't ones on that list. Why can't we have an 'other' category for sex? (and a little box to write specifics)?

Here's a kicker:

Every Male has some estrogen and every female has some testosterone. Does that mean that I am 98% male and 2% female? Just how much of a mess to you want this idea of 'sex' to be?

There's nothing wrong with making distinctions based on assumptions if those assumptions are true most of the time. 99% of the time, it's safe to say the person in the bar with facial hair is a dude :) You can't blame anyone for assuming that. Getting offending is just nonsense and pity party.

Back