CaS' i made.

I think the color scheme on Regime P2 work better than the first regime... I always liked the character but I found the colors and patterns on the clothes a little distracting on version 1.
also I like your thumbnails (esp.Tryl von Sai)... they seem to tell a story...

Thank you, glad to hear that she has improved.
Yea, that one pretty much says: She wants that star of death because whoever obtains it, will get the power to rule the world /Shaman King.

@ DokuganRaiyu :

Oh, man...! I'm sorry to hear that you're sick right now. I hope you get well soon.... :(

...Anyway, it seems that you're creation streak is indeed rising. Before I get on to it, though, I also really do hope that the upcoming changes to the system and the CaS new parts that they're going to add are going to be all worth it, making the game better than it already is. Now, then:

1.) Chayyliel : Hmm.... =/

While I do like the way you did with her thumbnail, her overall design feels... lacking, I think. If this is indeed a prototype version of what you've had in mind, then perhaps I can wait until you get her design done properly, at the very least. Bonus points to you for making those shoulder pads connect naturally with her gauntlets!

Just improve on her overall design and don't give up on her yet. While we're at it, color her well, too. You can do it, Doku! ^_^

2.) Vanitas 2P : Oh, my...! I didn't expect you to make a 2P version of him at all! o.O

While your work on his skin looks really nice, I couldn't help but raise my eyebrows at the rest of his costume. One of my suggestions for tweaking his looks would be to give him the bone dragon mask DLC. It somehow feels fitting for him since you mentioned the word, "Dragon" after all.

...Or perhaps you we're going for a mere reptilian look with dragon skin...? In any case, I do like your ideas for this guy, Doku. Just tweak 'em a bit, and you should do just fine. Kudos to you for coloring his eyes right! ^^

3.) Regime 2P : Good use of the jade colors in addition to the cheetah skin tone! I'm really impressed that you've just made another character even better than before, and it shows! :)

4.) Tryl von Sia : This version - or perhaps I should say a fusion between two of your old characters into a single new one, that is - looks incredibly magnificent, Doku! I believed that I just witnessed another masterpiece before me! o.O

Well done, I say! Well done! :D

And also, did you get inspiration from Morrigan of Darkstalkers fame? If so, that would explain her hair color. But, man, I've never seen jade eyes work so well with the rest of her costume like that! Speaking of the rest of her costume, I do love the color combination that you did with her flower patterns, Doku. Hell, even the skull and her cute hat look incredibly decent, too!

...Seriously, man, I could go on forever here, you know? And if you decided to add a little more details to make her look even better, it would be overkill! To be honest, I might also wonder what the rest of our fellow creators in the forums would think of your new design, but I believe she's already perfect fine as she is. Even then, I suppose a bit more to enhance her charm would look nice at this point. If you do, try not to overdo it, though....^^

I guess that's all for now. But before I go, I need to give you a heads up that some of your designs in this thread were removed by Photobucket - and that includes your first version of Sazen! o_O

Since you were planning to remake some of your older designs based on what you've already posted days or weeks earlier in this thread, I suggest you do something about it soon.... Double-check your work!

...As for the double spoiler thing, it's just a glitch, I think. It isn't the first time this happened, though, so don't worry about it....

@ chobek : I agree! :)
Thanks i hope i get better soon as well :) Well seems they nerfed some characters that didn't need em....and i hope the CaS patch also gets rid of the clipping issue.

1.) Chayyliel:
Yeh the thumbnail is one of the few things that i like about her, wich i forgot to mention. Well this isn't exactly an prototype... but she is supposed to have an armored look. Ye i just kinda lost interest and gave her some random color scheme >_> I think the new DLC can help me a lot better in for getting her look right.

2.) Vanitas:
Oh im making a P2 for every character except Kitsugen, Sun Zhilang, Sundari and Pyung Hwa (i'll make P2's for them after i get the new DLC items). Everyone uses that mask for their Dragon's...so i didn't. Yea im not all too happy about the way he turned out...might change him back too his P1 or make a P3 and Dragon Eyes are blue? i didn't know that @_@

3.) Regime:
Thank you and now that i look at her again, i need to change the inner ear colors to white.

4.) Tryl von Sia:
Goth loli's ftw. Nope but i did see the strong resemblance of between her and Morrigan after i was done lol The hair color was previously on Lilly, the purple was used by Tryl, the black is because goth loli's wear black, rose pattern because of an anime i watched not too long ago called Shiki wherein the main Vampiric lead has some fetish with roses and the dress is because of that a pic that Vincentrayne showed me wich influenced the dress from Tryl.

I'd like to hear the opinions of some of the others on here as well, like Gatsu for example or Fatal Exodus, tho Gatsu probably won't like it as he seems to dislike Anime-ish characters and i tend to make a lot of those. I did have a dark red rose on her chest, but i had to remove it if i wanted the fangs @_@

Wut? She's still in my photobucket album and i can see her on here as well @_@ sure i can't see Chayyliel anymore...but no once cares about that :) and ok stupid glitches.
Thanks for the reply.

@ DokuganRaiyu : No problem! ^_^

As for the "Blue Dragon Eyes" part, I merely mentioned this to you because there are SO many different colors of dragons' eyes available, and I was thinking that sky blue or crystal blue might suit Vanitas better. It makes for a really odd contradiction that really works artistically, if you think about it.

Even then, it's still just a suggestion, so go with your gut feeling and go with what suits you best, my friend. And also, I really don't care about all the bloody nerfs that any character received it due to the patch as long as I can still had some fun using that character - and it gets even funnier once you managed to win with those characters, too! Now that's a beautiful feeling, man! :D

...I think I said too much.... ~///~

@ DokuganRaiyu : No problem! ^_^

As for the "Blue Dragon Eyes" part, I merely mentioned this to you because there are SO many different colors of dragons' eyes available, and I was thinking that sky blue or crystal blue might suit Vanitas better. It makes for a really odd contradiction that really works artistically, if you think about it.

Even then, it's still just a suggestion, so go with your gut feeling and go with what suits you best, my friend. And also, I really don't care about all the bloody nerfs that any characters that received it due to the patch as long as I can still had some fun using that character - and it gets even funnier once you managed to win with those characters, too! Now that's a beautiful feeling, man! :D

...I think I said too much.... ~///~

Ah, i see what you mean. I do care about the nerfs tho because those can make their playstyle be less fun.

Put it on the last page so people can find it more easily...i guess...if there actually were people that would view it lol (guess my work has declined in interest...oh well).

Here are 4 more CaS' that i made i'll start with the ugliest (imo) one and work my way up from there:
Chayyliel:
bp.jpg
Waaaaayyyy different from what i actually wanted her to look like.
SOULCALIBUR_1-1.png

Vanitas:P2
He went from a werewolf...to a dragon (or something like it)...shit happens :) The rainbow stuff is just because of.....randomness.
SOULCALIBUR_4-2.png

SOULCALIBUR_3-1.png

Regime P2:
Nothing much, just made her look more cheetah like and gave her new clothes/armor.
SOULCALIBUR_6-1.png

SOULCALIBUR_7-2.png

SOULCALIBUR_8-2.png

Tryl von Sia (Re-imagining of Tryl von Sia and Lilli):
Ok ok where do i begin...Ok. I didn't the sight of a vampress using Elysium's style so i deleted Tryl and used her vampress concept on Lilli to make something of a Gothic loli vampress, wich in turn is my go at a modern looking character.
SOULCALIBUR_12-1.png

SOULCALIBUR_13-2.png

SOULCALIBUR_10-1.png

That's all for now, plz tell me what you think.
Dunno why the double spoiler thing happened @_@

Put it on the last page so people can find it more easily...i guess...if there actually were people that would view it lol (guess my work has declined in interest...oh well).

Heh, I can relate to that.

But anyway, I like what you did with the new batch especially with Chayyliel.

I'm looking! Just not much to say. I did miss the last batch until now though, Vanitas is interesting/different. Not sure about them rainbows though.

@ DokuganRaiyu : Hello! How are you doing?

I was hoping you had something new in store, but I guess I'll come back later after all. Also, I do hope you're okay. Being sick for way too long ain't pleasant, you know.... :/

In any case, get well soon, Doku! ^^

P.S. : I'm currrently reviewing your past works for a few new tips to add into my creations. Hope you don't mind.... ;)

I'm looking! Just not much to say. I did miss the last batch until now though, Vanitas is interesting/different. Not sure about them rainbows though.

Oh yes, the rainbows are just random stuff lol because i started losing interest in working any further on the design.

@ DokuganRaiyu : Hello! How are you doing?

I was hoping you had something new in store, but I guess I'll come back later after all. Also, I do hope you're okay. Being sick for way too long ain't pleasant, you know.... :/

In any case, get well soon, Doku! ^^

P.S. : I'm currrently reviewing your past works for a few new tips to add into my creations. Hope you don't mind.... ;)

Oh i've been fine for a few days now lol just not interested in making more CaS : / Oh and no i don't mind...why would i @_@?

@ DokuganRaiyu: Nothing, really! Just asking.... ^^

...And congrats on your recovery, Doku! I was also wondering if you've ever played Chrono Cross, too.

So...if i said that i didn't want you to look and take inspiration from my CaS'...you wouldn't?
Thanks Kai! Well i've seen a few vids of Chrono Cross and i didn't like what i see in terms of graphics/character designs(too FF-ish) so i haven't played it yet. But i think i might play it sometime during my break :) Why? Have u played it? Any opinions on it?

So...if i said that i didn't want you to look and take inspiration from my CaS'...you wouldn't?
Thanks Kai! Well i've seen a few vids of Chrono Cross and i didn't like what i see in terms of graphics/character designs(too FF-ish) so i haven't played it yet. But i think i might play it sometime during my break :) Why? Have u played it? Any opinions on it?

For your first question, the answer is a "Maybe...." ~_~

As for your other questions, its yes and no on both accounts. The gameplay looks nice, but some of its systems (and its overall story, in general) can be quite complicated in the long run. I never managed to finish it due to the amount of frustration that I've got when it comes to getting its true ending.... Grrrr!!!! >:(

In the end, I decided to forget that game entirely for years (so much that I didn't even remember how to play it in the first place!). But perhaps I should try it again someday....

For your first question, the answer is a "Maybe...." ~_~

As for your other questions, its yes and no on both accounts. The gameplay looks nice, but some of its systems (and its overall story, in general) can be quite complicated in the long run. I never managed to finish it due to the amount of frustration that I've got when it comes to getting its true ending.... Grrrr!!!! >:(

In the end, I decided to forget that game entirely for years (so much that I didn't even remember how to play it in the first place!). But perhaps I should try it again someday....

Ahaha "maybe", ok :)

Hmm sounds interesting, i think i will play it sometime later than. The 1st ending that you get when completing the game, is not the true ending? Perhaps you should, i know that i don't like to leave my games unfinished...dunno about you.

Back