Cervantes Q&A / General Discussion

That's pretty cool! Does 2A+B work as well? I ask because it's noticeably safer on block (and Yoshi can always do IND>empty-teleport and then just block in your face) and otherwise seems to have many of the same properties as the uncharged 2B+K.

2A+B seems not to hit IND B at times. 2B+K can even hit IND empty teleport even if it has very few recovery frames. But off course, you got to keep a eye on that yoshi at range, otherwise you could accidently slightly delay that 2B+K and it could get blocked.

iGDR I have been able to pull it off but usually i do a just guard and then i get the just frame for it. I'm able to pull it off most of the time, I'm not sure if there is a better way to do it or if I should stick to this way.

iGDR I have been able to pull it off but usually i do a just guard and then i get the just frame for it. I'm able to pull it off most of the time, I'm not sure if there is a better way to do it or if I should stick to this way.
Haha Was that meant to be posted here? We do have a thread designed for iGDR here. If it was meant for here my bad haha just did not see where it came into context.

Hey there crew! I am requesting the help of anyone who has any type of capture card! A friend needs a clip of Cervantes using B+K to aGI Siegfrieds Ice from his CE. If anyone could record a clip of that for me no matter the quality it would be HUGELY appreciated. I would do it myself but my xbox is red ringed.ouch.

I'm currently in the process of building my new PC. I'm waiting for some shipped parts in a few days. If by that time no one has captured it I will do it for you.

Not sure if this is common knowledge, but I just discovered you actually can iGDR from 8A+B, even if it whiffs.

8A+B, DC B = 58 dmg
8A+B, DC B, iGDR = 86dmg
8A+B, iGDR = 49 dmg
8A+B, iGDR, iGDR = 78 dmg
8A+B, iGDR, B2, CE = 102 dmg (145dmg with second CE)
8A+B whiff, iGDR, iGDR, 2A+B = 94 dmg (same as usual, since 8A+B doesn't connect and thus doesn't count into the combo)

Suddenly, this move becomes a lot safer. Granted, it's still unsafe, but I can see an opponent being very surprised he couldn't launch you when he was expecting a Dread Charge.

To do this, you must input iGDR 1-2 frames before Cervantes goes into DC.

Not sure if this is common knowledge, but I just discovered you actually can iGDR from 8A+B, even if it whiffs.

8A+B, DC B = 58 dmg
8A+B, DC B, iGDR = 86dmg
8A+B, iGDR = 49 dmg
8A+B whiff, iGDR, iGDR, 2A+B = 94 dmg (same as usual, since 8A+B doesn't connect and thus doesn't count into the combo)

Suddenly, this move becomes a lot safer. Granted, it's still unsafe, but I can see an opponent being very surprised he couldn't launch you when he was expecting a Dread Charge.

Yeah this is common knowledge, although I'm sure some weren't aware of the exact frames(like me). Thanks. Also instead of inputting 214B for iGDR you can just input 4B with the same timing.

8A+B, DC B = 58 dmg
8A+B, DC B, iGDR = 86dmg
8A+B, iGDR = 49 dmg

Yeah I already confirmed that 8A+B can go into iGDR. But re-posts are always good.

8A+B is still very unsafe no matter what. It should only be used as a tech crouch or during wall combos and the former is still risky.

How effective is DC A's aGI after a blocked 8A+B? Does the window catch common punishes like 3B and BB?

Kind of off-topic:

Is there any sort of character punish list for Cervantes in here? I'm thinking on starting a thread so it can be part of his Matchup directory. What do you guys think?

The other character boards would hold that kind of info individually, linking to those boards could be good but no need to do extra work when the work could already have been done.

Back