Cervantes Q&A / General Discussion

Hey crew! your captain just became a senior mod on the site! Lets celebrate! Get out the good rum! *Has drunken party and breaks stuff*

What's the timing on the BT B+K after GDR for them to land at your feet? I'm way out of practice and can't seem to get it.

6B BE can be used as a effective whiff punisher though. GDR, not so much. Not to mention that 6B BE has a much easier chance to faceplant the opponent near your feet for an easy 33B follow-up.

Man, if 6B was i18 instead of i19, it would've been a godlike punish against blocked punishing moves.

Is it weird that I have a much harder time hitting aB as the combo ender after iGDR than iGDR itself? I always time it wrong.

FixedSwine: 6B BE is not NC, unless you're talking about 4B BE. And yes, you can check hit on 6B BE CH and it's easier to BT B+K after that for 100 points of dmg.

FixedSwine: 6B BE is not NC, unless you're talking about 4B BE. And yes, you can check hit on 6B BE CH and it's easier to BT B+K after that for 100 points of dmg.

6B B isnt NC. 6B BE is. Test it out yourself, but dont delay the BE. Do it immediatly. So no hitconfirming unless CH, but as a whiff punish, works all fine if you do not delay it.

Yeah Fixd is right. 6B BE is NC if you don't delay it at all. It's amazing for whiff punishment if you don't mind using the meter. Also 6B BE, BT B+K always leaves them at your feet unlike DC B.

Man the SA has been dead recently :/ I have not been updating to much because there is so little activity. I would like to update the combo list with a few more things and I am going to. Does anyone have anything that is not on the list that they would like to be put in?

Wall combos:
3B, w!, 6A+B, CE, w!, 1A:B, iGDR Also works off of 44A+B, w! or 44(A+B), w!
Backthrow, w!, 66B, w!, 66B Can also replace both 66Bs with another back throw but is character dependent.

He has a ton more tech traps that were over in the combo thread but I'm too lazy to post em now. Is there a restriction on what can go up, like say it has to be guaranteed or can't be character dependent/situational?

Any advice to succeed the BT B+K shortcut ? I don't get 3K:B+K or 4KK:B+K at all...

Wall combos:
3B, w!, 6A+B, CE, w!, 1A:B, iGDR Also works off of 44A+B, w! or 44(A+B), w!
Backthrow, w!, 66B, w!, 66B Can also replace both 66Bs with another back throw but is character dependent.

He has a ton more tech traps that were over in the combo thread but I'm too lazy to post em now. Is there a restriction on what can go up, like say it has to be guaranteed or can't be character dependent/situational?

Replace the last 66B with 3A+B>BBB for more damage

Any advice to succeed the BT B+K shortcut ? I don't get 3K:B+K or 4KK:B+K at all...

You can use the Brave edge button to perform it. Doing this will either give you :B+K or it makes you do nothing, instead of performing the aGI and getting whiff punished badly. You can also mash the brave edge button to perform it.

^ Ok yeah, I forgot about that. Actually that reminds me of another tech trap someone mentioned-

CH 3A+B ~ 2(B+K) If they tech front or back it stabs them like normal but if they tech left or right it puts them into quake stun.

Also works after a DC B/6B BE, BT B+K. Though for that to stun the B+K has to push them away instead of land at the feet.

^ Ok yeah, I forgot about that. Actually that reminds me of another tech trap someone mentioned-

CH 3A+B ~ 2(B+K) If they tech front or back it stabs them like normal but if they tech left or right it puts them into quake stun.

Also works after a DC B/6B BE, BT B+K. Though for that to stun the B+K has to push them away instead of land at the feet.

Wouldnt teching backwards prevent you of being able to hit your opponent fast enough? Or wouldnt they be out of range then?

EDIT: just tested it out, works on all tech but no DAM against grounded. Still good tech trap though.

After the BT B+K? Yeah sometimes, the quake still hits em but the follow up is iffy cause of the way they move back and forth.

Back