Character Roster is culturally uneven

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Wikipedia, U.S. population consists of 12.6% black people. And that 12.6% should be in video games 100%. Because to leave them out would be 100% racist and 100% "segragationist". You understand Mage?
If it was the other way around they wouldn't be screaming for racism then, would they?

PSSS: Please proof-read before you post, it's difficult to read poorly spelled, poorly punctuated, and poorly capitalized posts.

I've been told over a dozen times about how "low" it is to insult someone's grammar and spelling mistakes on this board....

But I see how the tides are always reversing! >:P

I think we should be blaming Ubisoft for not making black people in Assassin's Creed for us

It's also racist to portrait Zack in DOA5 as the joke character always getting kicked around, and make the Black Man wear a Tella Tubby outfit too!! =__=;

11ql9up.jpg

yes but it wont hurt in the long run. and you dont know if someone used to main zas or talim just said fuck SC or not

no, im saying its wrong for you to bar me from asking, certainy not everthing needs a black person shoved in it though it would probably be more realistic but a game that used to pride itself on diversity definitely has more responsibility say then Games of Thrones or the first Assasssins Creeds. the assassin creed during the american revolution oh they have a big fucking responsibilty but the first Assassin Creed not so much.

Well if you say it won't hurt in the long run and change your argument to Zas/Talim fans. It's no longer a race argument is it? Learn to argue, also learn to spell......

Also, I don't think Namco has ever prided itself in diversity. You are adding meaning to something where it probably didn't exist in the first place. Like I said before for the 900th time, Japanese company.

i am only showing that i can play this game of troll just as much as an Alex J. or a Norick. but i will insult ppl if the put words in my mouth. again u seem like the only person who has tried to take a step in understanding the conversation without being a dick about it

Agreed, only Mage because you are probably the worst offender of this. Unless name calling people Nazi's is your way of being understanding.

As far Egyptians being black, that's just one of many hypothesis'. Also easily one of the most contested and refuted. Where the fuck do you get this stuff? You just make shit up from your ass and I'm the asshole somehow. As well as learning to argue, and spell. Please learn how to check your facts and not talk out your ass.

Black African hypothesis
Main article: Black Egyptian Hypothesis
The Black Egyptian hypothesis is a heavily-contested hypothesis held by various authors that Ancient Egypt was a Black civilization. This includes a particular focus on links to Sub Saharan cultures and the questioning of the race of specific notable individuals from Dynastic times, including Tutankhamun[91] and the king represented in the Great Sphinx of Giza,[57][65] and Cleopatra.[47][48][49] Since the second half of the 20th century, typological and hierarchical models of race have increasingly been rejected by scientists, and most (but not all) scholars have held that applying modern notions of race to ancient Egypt is anachronistic.[92][93][94]

Early advocates of the Black African model relied heavily on writings from Classical Greek historians, including Strabo, Diodorus Siculus, and Herodotus, wherein the Greeks referred to Egyptians as "melanchroes" with woolly hair.[95][96] The translation of the Greek word “melanchroes” is disputed, being translated either as “black” or "dark skinned".[95][96][97][98] Snowden claims that Diop is distorting his classical sources and is quoting them selectively.[99] There is dispute about the historical accuracy of the works of Herodotus - some scholars support the reliability of Herodotus[100][101][102][103][104][105] while other scholars regard his works as being unreliable as historical sources, particularly those relating to Egypt.[106][107][108][109][110][111][112][113][114][115][116][117][118]

Other points used to support the Black Hypothesis included testing melanin levels in a small sample of mummies,[119] arguing that the Ancient Egyptian language was related to Diop's native Wolof (Senegal),[120] interpretations of the origin of the name Kmt, conventionally pronounced Kemet, used by the Ancient Egyptians to describe themselves or their land (depending on your point of view),[121] biblical traditions,[122][123] and interpretations of the depictions of the Egyptians in numerous paintings and statues.[124] Other points of the hypothesis include claimed cultural affiliations, such as circumcision,[125] matriarchy, totemism, hair braiding, head binding,[126] and kingship cults.[100] Artifacts found at Qustul (near Abu Simbel - Modern Sudan) in 1960-64 were seen as showing that ancient Egypt and A-group Nubia shared the same culture and were part of the greater Nile Valley sub-stratum,[127][128][129][130][131] but more recent finds in Egypt indicate that the Qustul rulers probably adopted/emulated the symbols of Egyptian pharaohs.[132][133][134][135][136][137]

At the UNESCO "Symposium on the Peopling of Ancient Egypt and the Deciphering of the Meroitic Script" in Cairo in 1974, the Black Hypothesis met with "profound" disagreement.[138] Most participants concluded that the Ancient Egyptian population was indigenous to the Nile Valley, and was made up of people from north and south of the Sahara who were differentiated by their color.[139] The current position of modern scholarship is that the Egyptian civilization was an indigenous Nile Valley development (see population history of Egypt).[140][141][142][143]

And all this thread is why bs politically correctness should never been in this discussion

They killed cast variety and aestethic in SCV trying to focus on a demographic they believe will give them more money
Was never been anything different than -bad- marketing

I miss when SC cast was more various and less herp derp, but the whole zomg my human rights crusade is dumb and just miss the point

Watch out people, black people literally cannot be called lazy any more even if they're sitting on their behind and being lazy about something. It's racist you know.

On a related note, Github threw out their United Meritocracy of Github rug due to pressure from SJWs who say that ignoring personal identities and judging everyone equally by the quality of their contributions is racist and sexist.

I also want to complain about django unchained and how they were racist in that they only hired white people as slave owners. Where is my 12.6% black slave owners ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back