Character Roster is culturally uneven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then WTF is your point? It bothers you when they're white, and it bothers you when they're not?

Sometimes I forget I'm in the casual forums.
You're trying to hard to make a joke, I don't think you are getting it. You can design a character without making them look like a cartoon caricature at the mall. That's my point. You could look at other fighters and although the artstyles are a bit different they manage to be in good taste. Except Street Fighter, that artstyle is unflattering for almost all involved.

1- Well, actually he got a point, and i seen worse threads. Problem is, the title make it seem random crusade about omg where ae my human rights damn i want some pussy politically correctness justice.
Is spot on at notice the trend, but fail a lil bit not pointinting straight at retard marketing (wich actually work, since retard audience exist and is strong)

2- I believe that for many that miss the SC style, in this as chara design quality/cast variety, not about "culturally uneven"
Is about be fan of a product/series, and chara design/ar style/setting is part of it
For most is not "omg i'm swedish-philipino (pregnant single babymother) mix and i feel so unrepresented! Racism!!!"
Is more "this whiteys+herp generic anime fantasy =win is a retard marketing move that even if win new fans is ruining aesthetic of the series.
So as fans and peoples with good tastes/over 15yo, just fuck that and give us back a SC wih the best chara design they can do."

And to be clear i'm white and last 2 or 3 best "new" (after SC3) chara designs are white: Hilde, Dampierre, and maybe basic Patroklos
No white-black-yellow-blue ratio bullshit. very good SC designs (specially the firs two) and are welcome

Be against shit marketing-driven herderp art direction of the product you're fan of, have nothing to do with "zomg culturally uneven!!!"
I have literally never even looked at any of these aspects or noticed anything about the character designs that I really had a problem with. I feel this is just a result of people trying to look too hard into something, like my English professors.

You're trying to hard to make a joke
A joke? Not everyone is going to agree with you all the time mate, especially on a silly causal thread.
Except Street Fighter, that artstyle is unflattering for almost all involved.
I'll just stop right here. Street Fighter has hands down some of the best designs is the entire video game industry.

A joke? Not everyone is going to agree with you all the time mate, especially on a silly causal thread.

I'll just stop right here. Street Fighter has hands down some of the best designs is the entire video game industry.
It must not be that silly, you keep coming back to it. Anyway...I didn't specify, I'll apologize for that. I was referring to Street fighter 4 and it's in-game models. Wretched.

Malfested aren't white. That's like saying a unicorn is white. Racially why would you call some demon spawn like omega pyrrha white? She has glowing red eyes and all this other crazy shit I've never seen a white person have. She is beyond the realm of normal humans. So nice try, but my list still stands. Also, have you ever heard of a black albino? Voldo has never seen sun in his entire life, locked up in that dungeon for years. Just because he has no skin pigment doesn't mean he's a white person.

all the malfested were once white so when it comes to representation THEY WHITE

Its funny how a few minorities say, "hay what happened to all the minorities we used to play with in SC," and every body else makes tastless jokes and say shit like ,"this is a real thread," like they are offended.

Thats the type of shit that make black ppl wanna shout "SHUT THE FUCK UP WITH YO PRIVLEGED REPRESENTED ASS."

Now look aint nobody saying SC is racist atleast I'm not, I'm just saying to be safe and make ppl feel welcome PUT A BROTHER (zasalamel) BACK IN THE GAME, oh and them other minorities too (especially TALIM)

Not being able to connect or relate to the characters is the most shallow argument I've heard about "cultural representation" ever. I never had trouble relating to Will Smith because I'm not black, or Lyra Belacqua because I'm not female, or Fox McCloud because I'm not an anthropomorphic fucking fox.

If you can't connect to a character, if you can't relate or feel welcomed by them just because of the colour of your skin, I think you need to be asking yourself who's being racist here.

all the malfested were once white so when it comes to representation THEY WHITE

Race is a classification system used to categorize humans into large and distinct populations or groups by anatomical, cultural, ethnic, genetic, geographical, historical, linguistic, religious, and/or social affiliation.

First off, they aren't human anymore. They are malfested. And if you wanna go down that list of other items they included, you can see where I draw my conclusions. Have you ever seen a vampire or werewolf movie/T.V show where someone gets corrected like this? "No, he's not a werewolf, he's a whiteboy." "Team Edward/Jacob are the same team because they are white." "Let's not kill nosferatu, he's just a white guy". Of course not, I understand you only see the world in black and white. But there is more to see out there my friend, expand your horizons. It's like shit, lets not even bother finding the Yeti because he's just a white guy.

Last edited:
So does that mean peeps with names like Ichi Battousai ICHI_BOTOSAI and Pocky Yoshi are asian when it comes to representation, my friend?

You guys are also white. I think in this dudes head there are only two races. So polar bears are also white people, as well as doves. Crocodiles could be black? I think it's safe to say, if a phenomenon like Malfested truly existed. Where someones DNA was completely rewired and had abilities like glowing red eyes and fire glowing around them. We wouldn't lump them in with white people. Hell, maybe give them their own species.

First off, they aren't human anymore. They are malfested. And if you wanna go down that list of other items they included, you can see where I draw my conclusions. Have you ever seen a vampire or werewolf movie/T.V show where someone gets corrected like this? "No, he's not a werewolf, he's a whiteboy." "Team Edward/Jacob are the same team because they are white." "Let's not kill nosferatu, he's just a white guy". Of course not, I understand you only see the world in black and white. But there is more to see out there my friend, expand your horizons. It's like shit, lets not even bother finding the Yeti because he's just a white guy.

read my last post and see if u qualify

Not being able to connect or relate to the characters is the most shallow argument I've heard about "cultural representation" ever. I never had trouble relating to Will Smith because I'm not black, or Lyra Belacqua because I'm not female, or Fox McCloud because I'm not an anthropomorphic fucking fox.

If you can't connect to a character, if you can't relate or feel welcomed by them just because of the colour of your skin, I think you need to be asking yourself who's being racist here.

if your white this is funny because thats exactly what a white person would say who has the privlege of always being represented in every source of media even japanese media and doesnt have to worry if your represented as a bafoon (balrog, dee jay).

if this is your argument for why I cant ask for representation in the story ITS WEAK. go continue being privleged

you probably dont even know why i said that.
catergorization of race in the digital world is different than the real world definition. jacob is native american hence why its easy to see him as a wolf because of the stereotype that Native Americans are close to nature and also because of Native American Lore. race plays a bigger role in media than most white ppl understand. itts troubling that in the 21st century i get this much flack because i would like one black guy in the roster and dont forget talim, fuck more minorities than just eastern asains for all.

you probably dont even know why i said that.
catergorization of race in the digital world is different than the real world definition. jacob is native american hence why its easy to see him as a wolf because of the stereotype that Native Americans are close to nature and also because of Native American Lore. race plays a bigger role in media than most white ppl understand. itts troubling that in the 21st century i get this much flack because i would like one black guy in the roster and dont forget talim, fuck more minorities than just eastern asains for all.

I'm not white, as much as you wanna believe this whole forum is white and against you lol. Secondly, I was wrong about my first point since White privilege is definitely out to get you. Every time you stub your toe, it's because of white people. Every time you accidentally spill your milk, white people. Hell, milk is white because white people willed it to be. Chocolate milk was only added in later to make you feel better. Apparently it didn't help because you are now whining about black people being in soul calibur. You weren't happy enough with Def Jam: Fight for NY, which is 95% black people.

def-jam-fight-for-ny1.jpg

Alex how did you figure out our plan?

It was hard to figure out. Until one day It just sank in. All my problems no matter how small or big were caused by white people. For example, when I get a flat tire. Or if I get a stomach ache. All part of the white privilege plan to keep everyone else down. White people thought they were clever, but I figured it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back