Dampierre and Co's CaS Tips and Tricks Compendium Curio~!

I have to say, this thread is very enlightening. I didn't know you could do stuff like this. The most that I did that I guess you could count as a "trick", was to take the pocket sticker and place it on the back flap of the Wonder Jacket and change it to the same color. Then you just make it a big as possible, turn it upside down, and you have something that I thought was cool, and is currently in use on my female french-african knight.

But yeah, the stuff in this guide has made me some pretty cool CaS's, and I have all you to thank for that.

Found another neat one.
If you want someone who's just wearing facepaint, there's another way instead of placing a sticker on the face, or adding makeup.
You can change the whole skincolor to the color of the facepaint, and then use stickers to look like skin on the arms and chest.
I recommend this because after doing that, there's multiple makeup patterns like the clown face which you can adjust to make it look like the facepaint is running or getting dry.
Messing around with this little trick can be pretty interesting for multiple ideas.

Another I found is that there's a few tops, mostly dresses but some tops that if you wear the belt, the bottom part will be cut out.
So the belt can turn dresses into fancy shirts, or make longer tops into short tops.

I just got the DLC and fiddled with it, and I knew exactly where to go after learning a few tricks.
I haven't really bothered with the Festival stuff yet, but for the female Bridal, I found some interesting things.

-Bridal Gown color tricks:
The Bridal Gown is tricky for useful customization, and I can't see many average or below average CaS makers doing anything creative with it, so I thought I'd share some things.
Stickers cannot be placed on it, pants cannot be worn under it, so it's likely to annoy people.
There are however four sections you can color it with, one section being the ruffled skirt part, and this is where I learned a nice trick.
Patterns Basic 1. Basic 2, and Basic 5 if put on the ruffled section, rotated around, and brought to full size, can eventually color almost every ruffle separately, for a nice multicolored look.
With the top part of this dress having multiple color sections, you can use the skull pattern, or heart pattern, make it at full size and you'll only get a glimpse of one skull or heart, allowing you to treat it like a sticker.

The Bridal Tiara is one of my absolute favorite customize pieces so far.
Unfortunately you can only use it for female, but it can do some amazing things for her.

-Bridal Tiara mouth gag:
For the kinky people out there, you can finally make a gag that doesn't look hilarious.
The back part of the Tiara does not have anything there, just an empty gap.
At full size, turned all the way to the back, lowered to the lips, all you have are two thin and nice lines.
Mixing this with another item, you can finally make a much less silly looking gag.

Bridal Tiara garter:
This is pretty easy with it's lovely shape.
You can just adjust it to a leg, change the colors and shape, and bamm you got your garter.
If you edit it with some bows or flowers, it can look absolutely adorable.

Bridal Tiara underwear jewelry:
This is where you can finally make an utmost gorgeous belly dancer, stripper, whatever you call it.
Just get the large part of the Tiara and adjust it to the wanted piece of the underwear, and you have some very sophisticated 3D jewelry effects on the underwear.
Finally no more need for stickers or bad patterns causing an icky effect on it.

Hope that helps, everyone!

I finally went to the Music Festival top.
I'd upload a pic but I don't have the game on, and my PS3 having played this game for up to 10 hours straight, many times, will NOT read the disk if the console has been for a bit, so sadly, no picture. :/

Anyway, I decided to simply put some pants, a pirate hat, and the Music Festival top on Ivy, just because it's nice to see less boobies and more sophistication with her.
Anyway, after simply making the colors a purple-ish with white gloves and whatnot, Ivy was a fully ready pirate.
My point being, don't let the name of the Music Festival top fool you, it's a Pirate Coat.

I was wondering, if there's a special item somewhere that can be used to simulate cloth. I want to throw random pieces of cloth all over my characters just like the actual characters :<

I just got the DLC and fiddled with it, and I knew exactly where to go after learning a few tricks.
I haven't really bothered with the Festival stuff yet, but for the female Bridal, I found some interesting things.

-Bridal Gown color tricks:
The Bridal Gown is tricky for useful customization, and I can't see many average or below average CaS makers doing anything creative with it, so I thought I'd share some things.
Stickers cannot be placed on it, pants cannot be worn under it, so it's likely to annoy people.
There are however four sections you can color it with, one section being the ruffled skirt part, and this is where I learned a nice trick.
Patterns Basic 1. Basic 2, and Basic 5 if put on the ruffled section, rotated around, and brought to full size, can eventually color almost every ruffle separately, for a nice multicolored look.
With the top part of this dress having multiple color sections, you can use the skull pattern, or heart pattern, make it at full size and you'll only get a glimpse of one skull or heart, allowing you to treat it like a sticker.

Bridal Tiara garter:
This is pretty easy with it's lovely shape.
You can just adjust it to a leg, change the colors and shape, and bamm you got your garter.
If you edit it with some bows or flowers, it can look absolutely adorable.

Hope that helps, everyone!
Just so you know I've used both of these on a CAS in my gallery. So thanks :3

I was wondering, if there's a special item somewhere that can be used to simulate cloth. I want to throw random pieces of cloth all over my characters just like the actual characters :<

only thing i found out is that you can use the leather pattern to give more depth and cloth texture to equipement...resize and rotate, recolor, and works like a charm...only one color though, no pattern...

only thing i found out is that you can use the leather pattern to give more depth and cloth texture to equipement...resize and rotate, recolor, and works like a charm...only one color though, no pattern...
You mean the tiger's yeah I knew about that.
But what I was asking about is the shape, I want an item that lookd like cloth. For example, I want a piece of cloth peeking out of an armor or shoulder pads.

The leaf accessory. It only matches certain types of textures but still it's not bad for that purpose. I'm using it to give one of my armored characters fully destructible pants at the moment xD

You mean the tiger's yeah I knew about that.
But what I was asking about is the shape, I want an item that lookd like cloth. For example, I want a piece of cloth peeking out of an armor or shoulder pads.

not the tiger, the leather pattern (like red rhino skin or something)

The leaf accessory. It only matches certain types of textures but still it's not bad for that purpose. I'm using it to give one of my armored characters fully destructible pants at the moment xD

Interesting.
On a side note, i will add you to XBL, if you wanna do some CAS show-off

Heh, sure but I'd imagine yours would blow mine out of the water completely. And you'd probably beat me silly to boot xD

are you chickening out on me ? ;o)
just book a few hours if you wanna see my whole CAS collection, right now, it amounts to around 140 different CAS on three different saves. I really need to stop (usb save is almost full)

Thanks for the tips, these are all quite useful. I guess I'll join the party and leave some of my own.

By using the Number 0 sticker on your character's head and placing/sizing it around their mouth, you can give your character goatee-style facial hair. You can also change up the pseudo facial hair by adding other stickers that match your character's skin color around it to get different results, like a solo mustache or chin hair.
An example of such below. Sorry for the crap image quality.
vince_1_by_klobb17-d54mzwr.jpg

Back