Dampierre Status: TOURNAMENT LEGAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Admin
Its been exactly a month since Soulcalibur V was released in America. Up until now, Dampierre has only been available as a pre-order bonus from BestBuy. Well later tonight, the final round of announced DLC will become available on both PSN and XBL; with it comes the Dampierre unlock code!

Previously, Dampierre had been banned from tournaments since he was not readily available to all players. How could you legalize a character that not everybody could use or practice against? Well now, since he is available to everyone with an internet connection (which you need to receive patches anyways), he is officially being declared legal for tournament play per the Official 8WAYRUN.com Sanctioned Ruleset.

Don't have Soulcalibur V yet? First, whats wrong with you? It is by far the best fighting game on the market today. Secondly, you're in luck! Amazon.com is now offering a special discount of $20 off the game. Who knows how long the sale will last, so get on it while you can. Click the image link below to go directly to the sale.

amazon.jpg
* NOTE * Some major tournaments have already declared their rules and at this point would be too late to change them as they have been set in stone for some time. During the next few months, you may continue to see Dampierre banned from the larger scale events.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
I just want to put it out there that if you already bought SCV period, you technically already bought Dampierre. He's literally on-disc DLC. You all should be up in arms that a char that is already on the disc your already paid $60 for is locked away unless you pay for the content again you've technically already paid for once. This practice shouldn't even be legal. I mean imagine if you bought a DVD but then you couldn't watch the last 10 minutes of the movie EVEN THOUGH IT'S ALREADY ON THE VERY DISC IN YOUR HAND unless you paid another $5. C'mon people, we need to chew Namco out about this. We need to stop letting the game industry get away with this bullshit practice of charging us twice for something we already paid for.

Also, this applies to ALL of the Customization Equipment DLC. It too is ALL on-disc already. AND same for the classic music DLC. ALL OF THIS STUFF IS LITERALLY ALREADY ON THE DISC YOU ALREADY PAID $60 FOR!
No.

Free updates cost money to put out (around $40,000 to pay for testing and certification from MS and Sony alone). Plus Microsoft enforces a strict ratio of paid to free updates. Having the compatibility patch on disc helps Namco save money on having to push compatibility patches to make sure everyone is able to play everyone else online, no matter what DLC they've bought.

im not really getting the hang of sc5 yet, just gaurd is too hard for me to do, ive got no answer to these nightmare players that use their range and sidetep so much its so hard for me to get inside theres a lot of moves that make me boil such as yoshimitsus teleport almost being 50/50, noobs in sc5 have higher chances of beating me than in sc4 why is this???? no free GI? idk, i feel like sometimes i have to gaurd shit that i know is comming, and wtf, wheres yun seong....

Aside from the WASTE-OF-SPACE "Paying for things already on disc" argument I'm assuming that this means mimics are fair game now as well?

Aside from the WASTE-OF-SPACE "Paying for things already on disc" argument I'm assuming that this means mimics are fair game now as well?
How is that even logical? Damp's got his own unique movelist. The only reason for him being banned was because he wasn't accessible to everyone. The same does not translate to mimic characters...

How is that even logical? Damp's got his own unique movelist. The only reason for him being banned was because he wasn't accessible to everyone. The same does not translate to mimic characters...

Mimics were banned because they could potentially be Dampierre.

I don't want to start a fanboy war, but why is it possible that Xbox Live received the dlc on Tuesday, when the updates are on Wednesday?

You're missing the point.

Yep.

In other news, This Le Bello freak has some awful range... at first. But then he completely fakes you out with almost every move. Great for mixing it up with strangers online. Moonwalk practice time...

I just want to put it out there that if you already bought SCV period, you technically already bought Dampierre. He's literally on-disc DLC. You all should be up in arms that a char that is already on the disc your already paid $60 for is locked away unless you pay for the content again you've technically already paid for once. This practice shouldn't even be legal. I mean imagine if you bought a DVD but then you couldn't watch the last 10 minutes of the movie EVEN THOUGH IT'S ALREADY ON THE VERY DISC IN YOUR HAND unless you paid another $5. C'mon people, we need to chew Namco out about this. We need to stop letting the game industry get away with this bullshit practice of charging us twice for something we already paid for.

Also, this applies to ALL of the Customization Equipment DLC. It too is ALL on-disc already. AND same for the classic music DLC. ALL OF THIS STUFF IS LITERALLY ALREADY ON THE DISC YOU ALREADY PAID $60 FOR!
Your right I feel the same way to sometimes too. I feel like the gaming industry is trying to milk as much money as possible from people and it's wrong. It's not just Namco it's everywhere look at Call of Duty Elite, Dragon Age etc. Like if the gaming industry wasn't already booming that they have sneak small change out of our hard earned pockets just to make themselves richer and their customers poorer. It's the world we live in today. Dark days are upon us.

i bought yoda on sc4 and played him 2, maybe 3 times ever...

and dampierre is at least 62 times more lame and out of place than yoda. i won't be purchasing him. then again, i don't consider myself to be a high level or tournament player in sc5, nor do i intend to be. if i did, i'd have to buy him and learn to deal with his LOL "why in the fuck is this in calibur?" riffraff.

TL, DR: yes, dampierre is retarded. no, he is not worth $5, nor should he be in the game. want to play in tournaments? suck it up. buy him. learn him.

if you are already choking down a shit sandwich, you might as well enjoy the corn kernels that come packed in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live streams

4 Viewers
SeichoTV
SeichoTV
Casual Matches for fun times! Yay! c: Come vibe friends :3 ☯ | Love Questions and Anime! Ask up c: | Backseating okay!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back