DARK SOULS 2- Praise the sun

Yeah I noticed the low damage but multi-hit nature. Might see good use as a poison or bleed weapon methinks?

I don't even know what the Embedded Key is :P

I haven't found a single weapon better than the Drangleic sword yet...

What makes it so special? I couldn't get on with the stat requirements on it, quality builds not being my thing, but it certainly looks cool, for all that's worth.

Liking the Drangleic mail but it's pretty heavy. Alva set is nice and I imagine will upgrade well enough.

What makes it so special? I couldn't get on with the stat requirements on it, quality builds not being my thing, but it certainly looks cool, for all that's worth.

Liking the Drangleic mail but it's pretty heavy. Alva set is nice and I imagine will upgrade well enough.

Drangelic sword is basically the black knight sword from DS1. Getting the Black Knight Sword in the beginning of your first playthough of DS1 can essentially ruin the game because you don't have to try to find good weapons anymore, it carries you well through the whole game.

Yeah I noticed the low damage but multi-hit nature. Might see good use as a poison or bleed weapon methinks?

I don't even know what the Embedded Key is :P
it honestly never occurred to me to put poison or bleed on a twinblade! might give it a shot later. the embedded key is a sword-key to a human lock. it's pretty light, has low stat requirements (only 16str and 16dex iirc), and imo a really good moveset. since it's a key you can't upgrade it though.

Excellent. Can't wait to rock out, as it were.

Are Twinblades any good? Found one dicking about in the Bastille, moveset seems decent but my dex isn't high enough to really go for it.
Haha, idk. What I do know is that pretty much everything is viable in this game. Just find a moveset you like and you can make it work. For me, I use a shortsword. I really liked the Longsword in DkS 1 and they changed the LS moveset in this game. The Shortsword has a moveset similar to the one I like and it got me through the game and I use it in PvP :)

Drangelic sword is basically the black knight sword from DS1. Getting the Black Knight Sword in the beginning of your first playthough of DS1 can essentially ruin the game because you don't have to try to find good weapons anymore, it carries you well through the whole game.
My +10 falchion is making the game easy....to the point I changed it lol Im using heilde knight sword at +5 so i dont kill things too quickly. And weird how the black knight halberd mostly scales in dex now compared to its DS1 version.

Haha, idk. What I do know is that pretty much everything is viable in this game. Just find a moveset you like and you can make it work. For me, I use a shortsword. I really liked the Longsword in DkS 1 and they changed the LS moveset in this game. The Shortsword has a moveset similar to the one I like and it got me through the game and I use it in PvP :)

Soon as I finish my main play I'm gonna make a dex build and for Poison Twinblade, possibly with some Bleed Cestus for funtimes.

Agreed on the Longsword though, it was my mainstay through most of the game til I eventually switched to the Claymore - The longsword with a greatshield looked ridiculous.

Speaking of PVP, got invaded in the "Belfry Luna" area, which I guess was a covenant thing? Smashed him to bits with my Bastard Sword and he messaged me saying like "cheater" or some shit. My response was "Yu kno nuthn Jun Snuw".

My +10 falchion is making the game easy....to the point I changed it lol Im using heilde knight sword at +5 so i dont kill things too quickly. And weird how the black knight halberd mostly scales in dex now compared to its DS1 version.
The game isn't too hard YET for me, but I didn't get to play at all yesterday. I've been told that at a certain point it begins to get pretty hard.

Where's my new armor pics guys? Is that raggedy white knight armor from the previews obtainable? The one from the forest of giants or some such.

After dying 10+ to the rat authority that fight is just stupid. The only hard part was the rats that can toxic you in 2 hits and once you're toxic you're dead, toxic is just broken due to how much H.P you start to lose. I used lingering flame to kill all the rats and once you learn to dodge all of the bosses attacks its very easy from that point on.

Speaking of PVP, got invaded in the "Belfry Luna" area, which I guess was a covenant thing? Smashed him to bits with my Bastard Sword and he messaged me saying like "cheater" or some shit. My response was "Yu kno nuthn Jun Snuw".
he must've been especially butthurt because i've yet to get any hatemail whatsoever.....even when i was going through my lil' magic phase. i never even got any for using my poison scorpion sting and poisoning the guy to death!

maybe it's because the game's still pretty new, but using blue eye orbs it just as annoying as it was in DS1. not too many people have sinned and the ring part of it is so restrictive that i haven't got a single invasion from it yet. that's because i have to wear the blue sentinel ring and some other guy has to wear the blue apostle ring AND get invaded. it's a bit annoying, but the blues also get an arena. you just gotta give them tokens of fidelity and you spar with another blue.

I'm terrified of being invaded right now. I don't think I have any good pvp gear at the moment and I just know they are going to bleed/poison/magic me to death and I'll have no idea what to do.

I'm terrified of being invaded right now. I don't think I have any good pvp gear at the moment and I just know they are going to bleed/poison/magic me to death and I'll have no idea what to do.
unless they're in full havel's just get in there and combo their face. poise has been nerfed a lot so unless they have a ton of poise or agility, there's not too much they can do.

Also try to use poison weapons for PVP since poision is just very strong in this game. Also dark flame pyromancy glove at +10 is a monster. But right now im not really too focused on the invasions since PVP is just too random to me now. I think stunlock is in the game its just i dunno what tanks what, poise just seems nonexistant to me but the game is still new so people are still trying to figure stuff out.

You can use the mailbreaker against players who turtle too much since its R2 attack goes through shields. Basically its the new shotel weapon.

You can use the mailbreaker against players who turtle too much since its R2 attack goes through shields. Basically its the new shotel weapon.
i use the shotel and the darkdrift. i've recently been running into a bunch of havel shield turtles so having something to ignore shields is extremely important. does the mailbreaker's R1 go through shields or just the R2?

Soon as I finish my main play I'm gonna make a dex build and for Poison Twinblade, possibly with some Bleed Cestus for funtimes.

Agreed on the Longsword though, it was my mainstay through most of the game til I eventually switched to the Claymore - The longsword with a greatshield looked ridiculous.

Lol yeah, the covenant of the Bell Keepers will invade in Belfry Luna and Belfry Sol as grey phantoms.

I think only the Bellkeepers and the Rat Covenant are really working as they should as far as PvP covenants go. Blue Sentinels are too restricted in who they help, making the covenant pretty useless besides for dueling. The Brotherhood of Blood seems to restricted with only using the cracked red eye orbs instead of getting a full one, making it seem at least like you have a pretty limited number of invasions.

Back