DARK SOULS 2- Praise the sun

it's after shrine of amana which is after castle drangleic. spoiler: bring a bow to shrine of amana
The Shrine of Amana made me incorporate a bow into my melee build.
Hah, as a themer I restricted this option and let me tell you, I know how to dodge Homing Souls Arrows now (if that's what that spell is)... it's not rolling, that's for sure.
It was a tough area, but sprinting sideways to knock them off-course and using the many pillars in the area for cover, particularly in the second half, got me though it with little trouble once I'd learned that. You should never compromise your build for any hitch like that.

On an unrelated note, I'd be interested to know how many people here are cosplaying as roman soldiers, a.k.a. Drangleic Armour...
It seems every person that summons me is wearing it... it's silly.
They should've kept that armour late in the game so that it's weakness, not being able to upgrade it as much, became more apparent... or at least so that people were invested in the look of their character before dumping this horrible, no-brainer of an armour set on them.

Last edited:
I'm wandering aimlessly now. I managed to get into the Shaded Woods and found my way to the Shaded Shrine and fought scorpion lady. I won the fight, and later got eaten by a mimic and then after lost some 70,000 souls.

I found the Sun Covenant and there was much jolly cooperation, fought the Covetous Demon a couple times to get practice before the real thing and it was fun. Took him on with some sun buddies, died and lost around 40,000 souls.

Head up the Lost Bastille, finished off the Ruin Sentinels and found another Bonfire blocked by a statue near a fog gate as well as several locked doors that the Antiquated key wasn't opening. Later found a Pharros lock and opened it, the moment I stepped through the door way I was invaded by two or three player spirits, I think I lost another 30,000 souls there before finding out I entered Bellfry Luna.

I have no idea where Drangleic is.

Hah, as a themer I restricted this option and let me tell you, I know how to dodge Homing Souls Arrows now (if that's what that spell is)... it's not rolling, that's for sure.
It was a tough area, but sprinting sideways to knock them off-course and using the many pillars in the area for cover, particularly in the second half, got me though it with little trouble once I'd learned that. You should never compromise your build for any hitch like that.

On an unrelated note, I'd be interested to know how many people here are cosplaying as roman soldiers, a.k.a. Drangleic Armour...
They should've kept that armour late in the game so that it's weakness, not being able to upgrade it as much, became more apparent... or at least so that people were invested in the look of their character before dumping this horrible, no-brainer of an armour set on them.
Lol I actually like using the Bow. I used it to kill the boss of that area. But yeah... as far as hat armor is concerned I see people wearing it a lot with Vengarl's helm, the one that looks like a dog head. I wear the Heide Iron Mask, the Alva Armor and Gauntlets with the Elite Knight Leggings, I'll attach a pic xD
Dark Souls 2.jpg

my 1st character was just a straight up Dex build so a bow has never been a problem for me, it's actually been with me ever since i found it in lenigrast's house. it's muh buddy

faraam/alva armor all day over hur!

I'm wandering aimlessly now. I managed to get into the Shaded Woods and found my way to the Shaded Shrine and fought scorpion lady. I won the fight, and later got eaten by a mimic and then after lost some 70,000 souls.

I found the Sun Covenant and there was much jolly cooperation, fought the Covetous Demon a couple times to get practice before the real thing and it was fun. Took him on with some sun buddies, died and lost around 40,000 souls.

Head up the Lost Bastille, finished off the Ruin Sentinels and found another Bonfire blocked by a statue near a fog gate as well as several locked doors that the Antiquated key wasn't opening. Later found a Pharros lock and opened it, the moment I stepped through the door way I was invaded by two or three player spirits, I think I lost another 30,000 souls there before finding out I entered Bellfry Luna.

I have no idea where Drangleic is.
such a pleasant welcome to dark souls 2. also take note of that stone guy you found in lost bastille, once you get a fragrant branch of yore you can trade some boss souls to him. you can also buy some handy spells of all kinds there though he leans more toward the sorcery side he still sells pyro, hexes, and miracles.

Can't kill lost sinner, I barely make through the clear and now I'm out of effigies so I can't summon Lucatiel or anyone else to help.

I think I'm so screwed up now that I'll have to start over again.

Where do I go after getting all four souls?
head to the left path at the shaded forest fork BF. you should come across the shrine of winter and the path will lead you to castle drangleic

Can't kill lost sinner, I barely make through the clear and now I'm out of effigies so I can't summon Lucatiel or anyone else to help.

I think I'm so screwed up now that I'll have to start over again.
if you get stuck on an area, try somewhere else for a bit. also it's not your fault, lost sinner is rough. hell me and seran just finished bro-oping it a while ago, we lost like 3 times to it granted it was NG+ sinner but still.

I was trying Harvest Valley too, but I can't figure out how to shut off the poison.

Also, I'm at 50% penalty with no effigies.

I meant Earthen Peak, yeah. I see the windmill, but every time I try to torch it, I fall to my doom... kinda how I picked up the penalty in the first place.

Sinner was pretty ez for me probably because I had heide long sword and damage output at the time was pretty gud.

Lost Sinner is a really tough fight. I beat her before I even went to the Huntsman's Copse though, probably out of sheer luck xD
Lost Sinner is an easier version of The Pursuer imo... Just as predictable, and with less health... gives you time to heal after most attacks IIRC. There's just no ballista to cheese it.
Super easy if you're a good roller.

wait, did you mean shut off the poison in the valley? because i don't think that's possible, but if you wanna turn off the poison in the earthen peak just set fire to the windmill by the central EP bonfire.
This really irritated me when a summon finally showed me. I actually almost managed to get that boss down with the poison there, but she threw her head as the poison was killing me... a roll would kill me but I would get hit if I healed.
So I thought, this is bullshit let's summon... and then he shows me... :|

Yeah, setting fire to the metal part of a windmill removes the poison...
Why does the metal burn?
Why would it have any effect on the poison? The poison isn't dripping from any kind of fountain, it's just there on the floor.
Most ridiculous of all, burning that windmill removes the patch of liquid poison from the bonfire in Harvest Valley. HOOOOW!?
Ridiculous.

Also, I've been trying to get Sunlight Spear today and I'm up to 17 medals from probably around 25 summons...
Only one person was not wearing Drangleic armour... ... ...This is Vigor Coat all over again. :/

Last edited:
Lost Sinner is an easier version of The Pursuer imo... Just as predictable, and with less health... gives you time to heal after most attacks IIRC. There's just no ballista to cheese it.
Super easy if you're a good roller.
Haha, yeah. Like I said, I beat her before I even went to Huntmans so I was around level 50, and hadn't put any points into ADP yet... That made the fight a bit harder xD

Haha, yeah. Like I said, I beat her before I even went to Huntmans so I was around level 50, and hadn't put any points into ADP yet... That made the fight a bit harder xD
I beat 'her' before I knew Heide's Tower of Flame existed... :|
I didn't even need to summon, which I did for Pursuer... though I didn't know about the ballista then.

Back