Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate

oh so there is a compatibility pack?

That's the problem, I don't think they have one... =P It was the same thing for DOA5, I bought like all the DLC costumes but I could never show them off. I uploaded a really cool replay for my friend, and when she uploaded it, it was both characters in default clothing... ><;;

That's the problem, I don't think they have one... =P It was the same thing for DOA5, I bought like all the DLC costumes but I could never show them off. I uploaded a really cool replay for my friend, and when she uploaded it, it was both characters in default clothing... ><;;
i think there is. i just downloaded a pack and it was free. so i'm guessing it was the compatibility pack. i'm not sure though. need to find out.

There are. They're called Costume Catalogs. No need to worry about other people not being able to see you in your sexy costumes.

There are. They're called Costume Catalogs. No need to worry about other people not being able to see you in your sexy costumes.

Awesome! School teacher Rachel is pleased by this then.. xD Glad they finally did that, I had literally the whole DOA5 dlc costume packs + pre-order DLC I could never show off at all...

Same thing that happened in SCV, the character looks buck-naked instead!

Well not exactly... actually they just wear the default outfit like in Vanilla.

Pics =)?
screenlg1.jpg

just add glasses and BAM!

Some thoughts about Kokoro now after a lot of play.

I find that her two new moves, 44P and 236P+KP are rather lousy moves. 44P has a 7 frame sabaki window and on a successful sabaki of mid punches only deals 20 damage versus the normal 40 damage you'd get if this move hit cleanly (which is probably never will given how slow it is). Although the red threshold is nice, I feel the fact that you can fast hold this basically means there is no real advantage to a successful sabaki on this move. You will almost certainly be held against good players if you go a CB. At best, its just another 50/50 (launch or throw), which isn't really what Kokoro really needs.

Likewise her 236P+KP is a mid mid with a throw heichu mix-up and its not a natural combo, so it can be held out of if the first hit connects. Its pretty much tag-team combo filler since solo combo damage Kokoro has 66P+KP+KP+K. Although the tech crouch property is pretty nice the input kinda makes it a little tricky to whip out against highs.

Finally the sidestep P+K makes a return. I actually still like this move and I still like here. Its easy to underestimate given how slow it is, but that is an advantage. Kokoro appears to move faster than the actual attack, its only half a second later that the attack connects and can put the opponent in a sit-down stun. It can be useful for pressure.

Tweaking Kokoro's 33PP so that the first hit no longer deep stuns (thus no longer a natural combo) and reverting 6P+KP may have done some harm. Kokoro had very few good approaches and even with her new moves (both mids BTW) this kinda makes it worse. Baji Quan is all about approach (see Akira and Leo) so its rather odd that Kokoro doesn't imitate the importance of Baji's stance oriented approaches. All she has is Heichu, which doesn't quite qualify as Akira's "Heichu" is better on all accounts.

I'm pretty sure they're just using Kasumi and Ayane as postergirls for the DLC. I'm hoping it's a full-cast DLC. I want a Franken-Leon, a Werewolf-Ein, a sparkly vampire Eliot *shot*

*gets back up* By the way, check out the background. New stage, anyone?

Yea its a new stage, seems to be Halloween themed. There is a bright red moon in one of the screenshots. Seems to be a pumpkin in another one.

I'm pretty sure they're just using Kasumi and Ayane as postergirls for the DLC. I'm hoping it's a full-cast DLC. I want a Franken-Leon, a Werewolf-Ein, a sparkly vampire Eliot *shot*

*gets back up* By the way, check out the background. New stage, anyone?
hey, don't be afraid to express dat Twilight love. not all of us are biased. (i like the movies btw. come at me bros! not really. keep main topic on topic). released on halloween's eve?

hey, don't be afraid to express dat Twilight love. not all of us are biased. (i like the movies btw. come at me bros! not really. keep main topic on topic). released on halloween's eve?

That was more of a joke. Still, I demand a full-cast set. If we can get one for Christmas, why not Halloween?

Back