Dear Legendary Souls mode:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't finished it yet but Kilik took me 30+ minutes to beat. After that it only took me ten minutes to get through and beat Sig. IDK why Kilik gave me so much trouble.

I suggest you use your best character or someone swift and powerful.

When they put Yun Seong, my main since 2, back in, I will. Til then I have to use another character. Alpha Patroklos is the only character that's resonated with me thus far.

I did just remember that it took me so long on Kilik because I was also trying to kill him with a Brave Edge. I have an addiction to achievements. But Edgemaster legit owned me.

So... is it just a mode where you face unusual characters with a ridiculously hard AI?

Isn't there any kind of special challenge, like going up the Tower of Souls (or playing that old special mode in Soul Blade)?

So... is it just a mode where you face unusual characters with a ridiculously hard AI?

Isn't there any kind of special challenge, like going up the Tower of Souls (or playing that old special mode in Soul Blade)?

Your first inquiry is correct. Just a "hardcore" mode of sorts, with a few characters. But by hardcore being borderline obnoxiously difficult.

And no, unfortunately SCV doesn't boast a huge offline (single-player) archive, so it does not have the Tower of Souls, etc. Just a "Quick Battle" to get Battlefield/COD-esque "name tags", and an "Arcade" mode.

beat it in 22 minutes. 90% of that was kilik using my ignorance against me with his trippy lows :-; After that though, hulk smashed.
Yeah you and a million other people had issues with kilik which is why I've spent 2 of my 9 hours in practice mode picking apart Xiba. Record, play back, (figure out any interupt/step options) rinse repeat. Nothing motivates practice like a pain in the ass AI.

I picked Nightmare and got demolished by Cervantes, got lucky. Moved to EdgeRaper...walked away. Thank god you can unlock algol in quick battle.

elyssium was pretty brutal, she could punish everything you throw at her, she has seems to have a 6th sense in reading horizontal or vertical moves, she'll always TC just at the right time it's pretty crazy.

Who is everyone using? Does Edgemaster copy your style or is he always using Alpha Patroklos like in my game? I refuse to believe I'm the only person that had massive issues with Omnipotent Alpha Edgemaster Senior.
I used Natsu. Only had real problems with Siegfried, he took me the longest to beat, I think my records said I was on him for like 20-22 minutes. I think Elysium was number 2 for how long she took me.

But I'm sure part of the reason they took me so long is because I was getting used to the new mechanics of the game. Also Natsu is pretty different than SC4 Taki.

Your first inquiry is correct. Just a "hardcore" mode of sorts, with a few characters. But by hardcore being borderline obnoxiously difficult.

And no, unfortunately SCV doesn't boast a huge offline (single-player) archive, so it does not have the Tower of Souls, etc. Just a "Quick Battle" to get Battlefield/COD-esque "name tags", and an "Arcade" mode.

Thank you. Those are bad news.

So, isthere at least a Special VS or some Mode where weapons and equipment affect the character's stats? I so loved to build powerful characters, with a bunch of strong abilities... and then when I'd get a new equipment, I'd modify the character to try and get even better combinations, that'd let me have even better stats. Loved Tower of Lost Souls because of this.

Seems like everyone has one character that gives them a ton of trouble. It took me 27 minutes on my first try, but I spent 9 minutes on Edge Master alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back