Ezio Q&A / General Gameplay Discussion

Few things I wanted to say. If they've been said before, please excuse me, I have a disorder that prevents me from being able to read.

- If you cancel step/backstep with B+K, [G] the flames around Ezio's feet will stay for a little while. I've no idea if this has any practical application.

- The second hit of BB often whiffs. How about... just using B?

Frames are the same... Ezio takes this big step forward for the first B and if you leave the second out there aren't any whiffing issues.

Thoughts?

Honestly I love using single B's leaves you open to screw with peoples heads, I would usually just toss out a BB then a little later just use a single B followed by either 3B or 6B since they try and counter attack. It's a good way to get in peoples heads and set up a few mix up situations.

About the flames on the feet though, I can't see any real reasons to use it other than canceling B+K but then again I haven't really gone in and tested it.

According to Aris Ezio can also take advantage of this glitch unless by easy-o he meant some other character.

I dunno why but for some reason when Ezio shot me with his gun it didn't do any damage. I would love to think I smacked his bullet away but I doubt it xD. Here if you want to see it.

I dunno why but for some reason when Ezio shot me with his gun it didn't do any damage. I would love to think I smacked his bullet away but I doubt it xD. Here if you want to see it.
I think it weapon clashed. In other words, you did smack the bullet away :)

If you're trying to hoard up meter, it is best saved for his BB BE and his 6B BE. For obvious reasons, you can use these for general punishing, also 6B works wonders for those i16 punishes ONLINE, mainly because most opponents believe they can attack with whatever afterwards not knowing that a 3B is an i11 move after a successful 6B.

It makes me smile when a NM player constantly goes for GS A (236 A) thinking that they gonna GI my ass and then I block and make em eat 70+ damage (or 28+) for guarding

Is it just me, or does Ezio only have about 3/4 the amount of moves other characters have? It feels like his lack of options is his biggest downfall, imo.

And meterless guard breaks; I'd say unblockables too, but few characters actually have good unblockables. As far as I know, he's also the only character without a special stance of any kind. I feel like fundamental skills shine more with Ezio.

And meterless guard breaks; I'd say unblockables too, but few characters actually have good unblockables. As far as I know, he's also the only character without a special stance of any kind. I feel like fundamental skills shine more with Ezio.

He has 2 guard breaks that require no meter, 11b and 66a+b.

I agree with you on having to have good fundamentals to play Ezios. He is a pretty straight forward character with no real gimmicks to fall back on. His best tools are in his whiff punishers, his spacing and good meter management not to mention that his CE is probably one of the best in the game.

Do you mean comboing after a Guard Burst?

His easiest is 44K, 1BBB, 3B (or BB BE)

No, what I meant by meterless guard breaks was that 11b and 66a+b will usually send you sailing directly past your opponent.

I'd suggest to use 11_77 B after a knockdown, like his B+G Throw, a 3B (either version), or a 33_66_99BB. They usually either will block it or get hit by it, allowing you to use his decent mixups.

66A+B on the other hand, I still don't have a consistent use for it, except as a whiff punish on something with lots of recovery.

Ezio has a great unblockable.

B+K is probably my favorite unblockable in the entire game.

Speaking of B+K,

I learnt that you can:

B+K (W!) CE ~ 140 dmg (well, its mostly been 140 but occasionally it hits for 155, im not sure what causes that)

Its obviously situational since unblockables are hard to land, but B+K carries the opponent really far for a wall splat and CE has a deceptively large range.

(Excuse me if this is already known, I don't really play ezio but I thought I would share just in case)

I'm not sure how viable a combo that would be, considering how situational that is and how difficult it is to hit your opponent with it at point-blank range for you to combo it into his CE.

Back