Final Fantasy: The Tier List

Marginal

Chikara Sashimi
Who would you say is the strongest FF hero? Who woudl you say is the strongest villian? Who is strongest overall? Kuja? Sepithroth? Zell?

Discuss. Please back up your tiers with facts however. I don't want this to get silly with talk of no limits and all that jazz.

I'd think Sin is the strongest villain. He can summon shit tons of Sin spawns, evaporate a whole army, has this weird second skin armor thing. It took them like ten thousand years to finally make Sin go away.

Sin doesn't need a master plan to rule the world. He shows up to a city and fucks shit up. Too OP man. In fact, Sin needs a plan to destroy himself.

We counting bravely default? The final boss isn't particularly "strong" from a defensive standpoint but he did have the offensive ability to basically absorb/eat worlds.

Sephiroth may have been built up as quite a badass but his motives were a bit more subdued compared to that...

Kefka did some big things, basically succeeding to destroy the world in a way...

Sin was a pretty big baddy but he wasn't exactly characterized to a point that made you feel like he wasn't just "evil" but also making personal on you...

A lot of options...

Yojimbo. But you better have his fucking money.

Edit: Yeah Zell is literally the best.

HEAD BUTT, PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH,HEAD BUTT, PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH,HEAD BUTT, PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH,HEAD BUTT, PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH,HEAD BUTT, PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH,HEAD BUTT, PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH,HEAD BUTT, PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH,HEAD BUTT, PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH,HEAD BUTT, PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH,HEAD BUTT, PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH,HEAD BUTT, PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH,HEAD BUTT, PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH,HEAD BUTT, PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH,HEAD BUTT, PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH,HEAD BUTT, PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH,

Unfortunately I have not had the pleasure of beating all of the Final Fantasy games, so my personal opinion would not be accurate.

I've done a little reading and here is what I found.

Strongest Overall: Sephiroth
- Reason: Capable of destroying solar systems.

Strongest Villain: Kuja
- Reason: Capable of destroying planets.

Strongest Hero: Cloud
- Reason: Has single-handedly beaten Sephiroth.

ExDeath is clearly the strongest villain in FF history. He throws whiteholes at people. ExDeath used Einstiens theories and threw them at people to kill them. ExDeath isn't only a badass, but a scientific magical badass throwing whiteholes at people. Also it takes 4 dudes gangbanging him to ever beat him. 1 on 1, he'd just whitehole and instantly win. Not to mention he has power over gravity as well. I wanna see some lame character like Cloud try to omnislash when he weighs 200 times heavier than normal.

Whitehole references: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_hole

Last edited:
Unfortunately I have not had the pleasure of beating all of the Final Fantasy games, so my personal opinion would not be accurate.

You really need to work on your reasoning skills. How can Sephiroth be strongest overall if Cloud beats him? That would make Cloud strongest of all. If Sephiroth is a villian and he's capable of destroying solar systems and Kuja is only capable of destroying planets. Doesn't that make Sephiroth the strongest villian?

Asides from that, I find flaws with assessing strengths over things that didn't happen. Sephiroth never actually destroyed a solar system did he? I find that his super OP move is more a metaphor. If he actually destroyed the solar system, Sephiroth and Cloud would both be dead. Plus the planet would of been destroyed, but it isn't. So there is no possible way he actually destroys the solar system with that move.

The ultimate challenge:
c687c3828e3a3d49a8125cf59dad8097.png

So Marginal said the Gameboy games are fair game also. Strong mention to Creator, who literally plops down a giant tower that sends out monsters to kill people. Just so he could test peoples courage and determination.

You really need to work on your reasoning skills. How can Sephiroth be strongest overall if Cloud beats him? That would make Cloud strongest of all. If Sephiroth is a villian and he's capable of destroying solar systems and Kuja is only capable of destroying planets. Doesn't that make Sephiroth the strongest villian?
I am just going on what I've read.

According to what I have read, Sephiroth was destroying solar systems, not necessarily the one that they were on.

Any villain is stronger than the hero, and the hero usually gets lucky. In most a Final Fantasy games, the hero is accompanied by a group. Cloud took Sephiroth, the one who is capable of destroying solar systems, and beat him.

Cloud was chosen because he MANAGED to beat Sephiroth, but he himself does not have the capability of destroying solar systems, which puts him much lower in the list of tiers.

According to this information, Sephiroth having this amazing capability, he could destroy Cloud and Kuja in one blow. If Kuja struck preemptively, he could kill Sephiroth and Cloud in one blow, because I doubt they could breathe in outer space even if they did manage to survive, and because Cloud MANAGED to beat Sephiroth, without the help of his friends, that automatically puts him in the #1 spot.

I am just going on what I've read.

According to what I have read, Sephiroth was destroying solar systems, not necessarily the one that they were on.

Any villain is stronger than the hero, and the hero usually gets lucky. In most a Final Fantasy games, the hero is accompanied by a group. Cloud took Sephiroth, the one who is capable of destroying solar systems, and beat him.

Cloud was chosen because he MANAGED to beat Sephiroth, but he himself does not have the capability of destroying solar systems, which puts him much lower in the list of tiers.

According to this information, Sephiroth having this amazing capability, he could destroy Cloud and Kuja in one blow. If Kuja struck preemptively, he could kill Sephiroth and Cloud in one blow, because I doubt they could breathe in outer space even if they did manage to survive, and because Cloud MANAGED to beat Sephiroth, without the help of his friends, that automatically puts him in the #1 spot.

If you played the game, it's 100% obvious it's our solar system. They even list the planets lol. Although he can use the attack multiple times meaning you watch him destroy our solar system multiple times. Which is why I said it can't be accurate. You need more research homie.

Level 1 Cloud beat Sephiroth. I don't think he's super badass really.

Also Ultimecia was capable of destroying existence. Squall beat her though.
Yes. What it really boils down to in this game franchise is "Ultimate Monster Guy" destroyed every atom in existence, then it sat lonely for thousands of years and was beaten by a sewer rat who got lucky.

That is what I have gathered, anyway.

If you played the game, it's 100% obvious it's our solar system. They even list the planets lol. Although he can use the attack multiple times meaning you watch him destroy our solar system multiple times. Which is why I said it can't be accurate. You need more research homie.

I suppose you may be right. But I will continue with my story in saying that this video clearly demonstrates he has the power to destroy solar systems. The reason why they are still alive is beyond me. And the fact that Cloud managed to beat him, Sephiroth, Destroyer of Solar Systems, still keeps him in the #1 spot.

Uh, what Final Fantasy games have you actually played?

I suppose you may be right. But I will continue with my story in saying that this video clearly demonstrates he has the power to destroy solar systems. The reason why they are still alive is beyond me. And the fact that Cloud managed to beat him, Sephiroth, Destroyer of Solar Systems, still keeps him in the #1 spot.

When you watch him destroy Saturn 5 times in a row. You really start doubting he destroyed anything.

Back