Galerie de MistaKoo ~ A tale of gowns and robes eternally retold

MistaKoo

[12] Conqueror
Welcome back to the stage of artistry (corny, I know).
I wanted to create my own gallery for a while and here it is. For now it will mostly consist of stuff already made since I've reached the limits and want to show these before I move them or delete them.

What you'll find here are mostly:
  • Recreations of Soul characters.
  • Alternate costumes.
  • A few (not necessarily faithful) other media recreations.
  • Contest entries.
I'm currently not a fan of originals so you'll probably won't see any for a while.

Most of the stuff you'll see here didn't utilize patterns, stickers or accessories. I just didn't know how to use them outside the box, I still have a lot more to learn.
I accept all forms of criticism, suggestions or maybe requests. Although if I don't like them I'll probably ignore them :P

I'll keep this post for updates and/or list of all CAS.

I'll start with the newer stuff. I'll get back to the rest later. Click the spoiler button for comments/details and an extra pic (or two).

Dan Hibiki (from Street Fighter)

Pr8FD.jpg

One of my favorite fighting game characters ever in my favorite fighting series ever. I like how his fighting style is a natural fit for him (Dampierre's), he even has his Kooken/Shoryuken :D
His design is inspired by his dead dad's in Pocket Fighter. I wish I could remove that tiger fur, but for now I'll assume he's so badass he ties monsters' skin instead of a belt :B

vQhYs.png

Omega Pyrrah 1P

2QrUm.jpg

This lass became my main character for a while, but I didn't like how she originally looked like a goth school girl. I mean she's supposedly the next Nightmare, the manifestation of evil itself!
This one is a bit old, but I had to show it before the next one. Do you think it would look good with the Valkyrie fauld and shoes?

K902Q.jpg

Unfortunately I couldn't stick her actual skirt beneath the fauld, so a generic skirt would do. Also that stupid blue hair ribbon has to go kill itself :<

p9Zce.jpg

Omega Pyrrah 2P

Xhoj6.jpg

I wanted another look with the same fighting style so I made this. It was partly inspired by Nightmare's P2. I chose the catsuit as a challenge since I'm not really fond of revealing costumes.

8KL3U.jpg

Raphael 3P

prdHj.jpg

Inspired by his 2P in SC3 and SC4. I'm not sure of the mask, I considered changing it to the half mask or magician mask.

mCnmk.jpg

Revenant

qyrWH.jpg

So I had a skeleton and Dampierre's fighting style, so I thought Danse Macabre! Later on it evolved to this and I liked it. I hate how it looks when it's broken though.
Of course the turtle hat will be replaced by Raphael's hat if they ever release that :<

y69Nx.jpg

Here is an alternate version (actually I started working with this). I like the skirt thing and the broken state, but can't do without that awesome armor :<

KEB7S.jpg

7VsYT.jpg

Bangoo

AEvtn.png

Update: fixed physique and added one photo.
Update: changed footwear, removed fur slippers.

So I started making originals for the contests, before I adapted a nasty habit of retooling them as recreations. The main idea here was the fur shoes which actually look like stupid slippers.
I didn't give him Astaroth's style because I think Bangoo's fighting style would be more energetic, he should borrow some of Rock's moves but with a smaller weapon such as a tomahawk or a averagely sized mace.
I tried making another costume with the classical headband he wore in all of his appearances but kinda stalled.

IE3ak.png

Finally fur footwear I'm satisfied with. I hate how you can't use the actual fur with anything other than that stupid shoe.

QsEIC.jpg

Here are the stupid slippers that I scrapped:
http://i.imgur.com/QGyOQ.jpg

Kunimitsu (from Tekken)

EEePa.png

Update: changed top altogether.
Update: added a bow and changed the flag's colors.

Again a retooled CAS created for a contest. I think it's a bit incomplete and might even be retooled again.

o0wW0.png

This meaningless photo is to show that her shoe thing pattern is the same as her neck thing pattern, both of which are supposedly fishnet or see-through inspired which you can't see in either pic.

puYNF.jpg

And if you're wondering where the green came from.

gtAoV.png

I didn't want to bore you with all CAS in one go, so I'll split them into parts.

I like your style. Your parts are chosen well. Your coloring style also deserves a highlight. It's different; it doesn't seem to be as founded in gritty realism like other CaS makers. Instead, it's markedly bold and striking. The color combinations jump out at the viewer and make the design look good. This is especially true for Raphael, Revenant, and Kunimitsu.

Conceptually, my favorite designs here are your Omega Pyrrha 3Ps. It's true that Omega Pyrrha was slated to be the next Nightmare. Why practically nobody has done something with that idea already is beyond me. Anyway, they look great; I can look at them and get the concept right away. Not sure about the second one being as armored as it currently is, but it's still cool.

I'm looking forward to more of your work.

As aforementioned, you're Omega Pyrrah's are really well done. Your revenant is the most faithful recreation of the character I have seen on this forum. The rest is very solid. Good Show!

The Good:

I don't know why I never thought of making Pyrrah look more like Nightmare it, I mean its so obvious it hurts.

Raphael looks pretty spot on with his SCIV appearance props for that.

The Bad:

Theirs just something about the face I don't like.

The Ugly:

Dan Just needs to be stripped down and remade (or unmade) I seems like its just random parts thrown together.

Wow, definitely didn't expect that.
Thanks all for your lovely responses and kind comments, they excited me to make and post more and more :'<

I like your style. Your parts are chosen well. Your coloring style also deserves a highlight. It's different; it doesn't seem to be as founded in gritty realism like other CaS makers. Instead, it's markedly bold and striking. The color combinations jump out at the viewer and make the design look good. This is especially true for Raphael, Revenant, and Kunimitsu.
I try to base it around the colors of the actual game, you have the bright pinks, teals and yellows alongside all the pale and gritty colors. As long as the color isn't too saturated it's a viable option for me. And if ninja's can wear bright colors everyone can should!

The Bad:

Theirs just something about the face I don't like.

The Ugly:

Dan Just needs to be stripped down and remade (or unmade) I seems like its just random parts thrown together.
Whose face?

About Dan, are you talking about the mask and halo? Because they came from here:

oXjCr.gif

GvcHt.jpg

If you're talking about the gi that's the best I found, although I haven't tried the spy robe.

But honestly that's my thing with recreations. I can make him look more similar to his original appearance, but his face will look wrong and he'll be pretty boring. He's pretty recognizable with my own take on his costume.
I don't like forcing characters from their worlds into other games, I like them to look like they could've been part of the Soul universe. Call them an adaptation or whatever.

Dan is Capcom's joke character anyways. I don't want to say nobody cares about him...but...nobody cares about him.
How.. how dare you :'<? I do! Dan is one of the greatest video game characters ever made >:(
Yes he is a joke character, but he's the original joke character. He's full of charisma and character (and he reminds me a bit of me :3).

Today's theme is girls, don't ask why.

Elysium 3P

53heM.jpg

This one started as a simple modest version of Elysium in a dress, then it became an armored dress, and then.. well this. It was originally light blue, but I thought it was too safe and passive.
The wings were made first to emulate her 2P wings, they are not the same but I like them.

Ws11v.jpg

And just because you can't see this side here's another pic.

R3Vid.jpg

The next three were originally for Iron CAS but were reworked.

Amy

5dwGN.jpg

Update: added real undershirt and changed shoes/ribbons.

The old version of this was ok, but the moment I saw the wedding dress I thought it was perfect. Please keep in mind I didn't want a 1 to 1 recreation nor did this start with Amy in mind.

1wTu4.jpg

These are the updated shoes, again inspired by idoll.

lQ5MO.jpg

Obsolete:
I might have figured the dress layers myself had I got it early, but the garter and ribbon combo is purely stolen from Idoll. I hope I made it the right way :< (doesn't seem like it).

http://i.imgur.com/5Bxhd.png

Elphaba (from Wicked/Wizard of Oz)

HhlOJ.jpg

The Iron CAS version was flashy and would pass for any generic sexy witch. I edited it to better fit Elphaba's mature and modest personality, also the pattern is pretty much the same as the one on her actual dress.
I wish we had a broom as a joke weapon though :<

KLszU.jpg

Glinda (from Wicked/Wizard of Oz)

LgW1i.jpg

I rushed the last touches of this one because I finally decided on a top and didn't want to change my mind again. I wanted a sleeveless/strapless dress but didn't find one that I like.
I should probably change the heart sticker color.

qlB1K.jpg

One of the major achievements from this design was to make complex accessories like the crown/tiara, a first for me :B

tOCtR.jpg

These two are a bit old:

Ivy 3P

OstFH.jpg

Inspired by her SC2 2P, wasn't perfectly recreated. I might make another version or fix it.
What I liked most about it is that I snuck a monocle behind her hair ;{D

9977d.jpg

Leixia 3P

rCdKt.jpg

Started as original, noticed similarities to Xianghua's SC3 2P so I adjusted the colors slightly (same base colors but with different tones).

frTJf.jpg

Finally this one is from Iron CAS as is.

Elf (original/inspired)

wVHml.jpg

This one started as a recreation of the elf from Dragon's Crown. I couldn't make it the same but I liked it a lot. It's Natsu style btw.
Wanted to rework it but can't, so it will stay as an original

katDt.jpg

Updated Amy, also very slightly updated Bangoo and Kunimitsu.
Today's update is classics themed.

Taki

g4aST.jpg

Oh noes, why is she so modest? Where is that awesome paintjob catsuit/leotard? Well it's under her clothes, although even Team Soul think it's inappropriate. Actually at first she had the samurai pants (which went perfectly with Natsu's top), but it was a trade off as I didn't like the fact that I couldn't change the colors of her white socks.

o3ZHn.jpg

The rest are old, a bit updated but still very old. But that doesn't mean they're any less awesome :>
For some reason I've always considered them the heroes of the series. Maybe because two of them actually were so?

SC3 Kilik

K8yng.jpg

I'm still conflicted as to who to give this costume to. Until recently it was a Xiba alt but now it's a new character. I wouldn't be surprised if I later gave it to Kilik.
I really hoped there were hidden shortcuts/codes for Elysium and Kilik to use their preferred style :<

2OBWi.jpg

The boots are my favorite part of it. The base Menghu boots were inspired by Y2Jabba's Kilik. I love how perfect the rings are with them, although I'm still sad I couldn't use two anklets instead of the halos. Also the sticker worked perfectly with the boots too, probably my best stickering job.

EnHo0.jpg

SoulBlade Mitsurugi

1p5Iq.jpg

He might not be as badass as the newer designs, but the original Mitsurugi will always be my favorite. I tried hard to recreate him in SCIV but to no avail. I'm satisfied with how he looks here thanks to patterns and stickers.
I'm not sure if I can fix the shoulders but I'll try (didn't notice them until recently).

6oEvW.jpg

And lastly my favorite of the bunch.

SC2 Siegfried

XLb42.jpg

Blasphemy! Siegfried wasn't in SC2, I know. But I still loved this outfit (probably tied with SC3 2P as my favorites) and took a few liberties with the design. Have I mentioned how much I hate items with unchangeable colors?

MqKfF.jpg

I'm almost done with my old stuff, so expect smaller but fresher updates. I might as well take request once I do the memory card trick.

Today's theme is video games and rejection. Why such a theme? Because I only made one new character and had to throw a bunch of old ones in.

So first video games. Recreation of some known characters.

Pyro (from Team Fortress 2)

rkumX.jpg

The moment the gas mask and fireman equipment was released as DLC I thought it was perfect for Pyro, yes it is my favorite class in that game but I wasn't really interested in making this.
Then comes this Pyromania update and this amazing video (watch it, even if you don't know the game) and my first thought is heck, I'm buying both of these DLC and making a Pyro!
The voice distortion is perfect for making the muffled voice. It kinda uses a different axe but hey it can shoot fire even in this game!

pzsjo.jpg

OMG that pose.. are you saying? Yes.. wait no.. I don't know and we'll never know, I'm just following 'fanon.'
I ran out of stickers so instead of a flame in circle his patch became something inbetween a flame and a circle. Also couldn't get the colors of the gas tank right but the existence of the gas tank is enough.

9KE8w.jpg

Kratos (from God of War)

iiBeJ.jpg

I know you probably hate this guy, but I made him a long time ago and discovered the beard thing on my own as well as the sticker combination. I'll probably delete him since I made Pyro.
Also I've never played any of his games, it's just that he was in the series earlier and some(?) of his moves are in this moveset.
He made wish we could layer arm/feet equipment.

FmkEj.jpg

Simon Belmont (from Castlevania)

Wwmd1.jpg

Seeing the fur items in the game I thought of one of the only video game guys that uses fur, interestingly I didn't use any of the fur items!
This was the first time I used the raccoon tail as fur and I think I nailed the half jacket/robe look.
Ivy needs a normal looking whip though.

jqwLk.jpg

I even got his BDSM leather pajamas right as if the red robe thing actually tore off.

tLwoF.jpg

Second theme is rejection. CAS that I don't like anymore or never liked in the first place.

Talim

T0eFH.jpg

Well first I have to mention how much I love Talim, probably my favorite or second favorite character in the series. Second I have to mention that this was made in February.
Having said that I was dead proud of how she looked back then, I thought I recreated her SC2 look as perfect as possible and added a few changes and made her older. Now I just really hate her design.
Already started fixing it, needs a little more touch-ups and oomph though.

OgwUf.jpg

Setsuka

04XED.jpg

At first I went for her SC3 costume, but then it became something in between her two appearances. I don't have that kimono and not sure if I will get it (especially since it's tied on the back). This was the only time I messed with hair and I like it.
Not sure how to fix it, I think I'll just update the patterns and make them more lively/varied.

VXMMi.jpg

SC3 Siegfried

A9a6S.jpg

Probably my favorite Siegfried costume, didn't do it justice at all. Screw that blue. Might remake it.

n6izG.jpg

Iska Farkas

yKhPN.jpg

I never played Legends, but Iska's character design is probably one of the few good things to come out of that game. The design isn't even complete but I just got stuck. Also why the hell do we have a pistol accessory but not a dagger?!
I uploaded the wrong photo, but this is good enough for him.

LaVNp.jpg

Lol I have a kilik identicle to this one nice work
Hey it's not identical, it's just.. a little similar.
To be honest I made it most of it a long time ago and only the shoes were blatantly ripped from yours :>

Lol well apart from the arms its identical. I've given mine pats p1 trousers now, looks good with a blue stripe down the sides.

Your talim is nice though

Back