Hello! I am new~!

MyonTsun

[09] Warrior
Hello I am MyonTsun! I am new to this forum and finally decided to post an introduction thread here ^ ^
I don't say a whole lot because I am kind of shy o///o. Anyway I thought I would join here for a few reasons! 1. Soul Calibur was the first fighting game I ever played and has been my favorite ever since I started (SC2 was my first on GC, lol Link sucked me in), 2. I come here a lot to check news for SCV and 3. I thought it would be fun joining so I could post my opinion on random things.

I would have to say Siegfried is my main character and I have a few I like practicing with on the side as secondaries. I usually like playing around with Raphael, Nightmare, Astaroth, Cassandra and I my latest being Mitsurugi. I enjoy playing around with all the characters actually but those are my favorites. I have been experimenting with Setsuka and Hilde a little lately but it has been a mixed experience (darn those just frames/charge attacks)

Anyway I will probably just come around to see news/updates on SCV and to read about character strategies so I can try improving my skills ^ ^ especially when playing with my friends~! (hooray for local play)

Also would anyone happen to know a Tekken forum because I would like trying to improve my strategies in that too. I am also a new Tekken player (5 was my first but my copy broke early due to... water leaking all over old PS2 and I recently got 6) Sorry if that is off topic but SC and Tekken are related so I thought this would be a good place to ask such a question.

Sorry for my long wall of text ^ ^; I tend to rant a lot or try posting anything I can think of when I get the chance. I hope to have fun here and attempt posting more than I usually do on most forums I join.

Hi! You look like a player with potential, this is deffinitely the right place. We are all hyped by the upcoming release of SCV, but in the meantime we can get ready playing SCIV. I see you main Siegfried, maybe you should go here:

http://8wayrun.com/forums/siegfried.23/

That's Siegfried's SCIV "Soul Arena", it has all his moves and info, you should definitely check it out. The one for SCV is not very active of course, since the game isn't out yet. If you like creating characters and would like to share them, you can go here:

http://8wayrun.com/forums/create-a-soul-formulas.59/

Oh, and one more thing: 8WR is the hub of competitive SoulCalibur. If you tell us where you live, maybe you could find a good player to play with! Welcome to 8wayrun, enjoy your stay!

Pocky Yoshi says hello and is pleased to meet you. norik has got you covered in the simple stuff that someone like you needs. Regarding our cousin game Tekken, I believe Tekken Zaibatsu is the website to go to for your hardcore Tekken needs.........I think Pocky Yoshi should go there too......

Anyways, please don't hesitate to ask a question. Many of those like me love to help those in need. We're chivalrous lol.
Just be careful with what may appear to be a jerk to you, just disregard it and be yourself. We won't bite.......much. xD

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome : D I will look into those Siegfried pages, there sure are a lot of them.
I may post some CaS things too since that is one of my favourite new features in the game since 3. I fill up those 50 slots way to fast :T My Avatar is actually a character I like making in almost any game ^ ^ her name is Myon, hence my name here. My pic of her is old though, I am working on a new one atm ~I love drawing~ and making characters!

@Pocky-Yoshi: Thank you for the help with my Tekken forum problem : D i'll be sure to look into that too. I get pummeled a lot in Tekken. I don't even have a main yet lol.

If you don't mind me asking, what type of characters do you fight as?

I usually fight with fun yet awesome guys like Yoshimitsu or stick to Asuka Kazama. But I'm mediocre at Tekken lol.

Having to use myself as an example, it's best to sort out characters you like then pick ones that suit you. Basically, pretend they're like "stylish shoes" you try out for the "runway" if that makes sense.

From those who I have tested so far I enjoy playing Lili, Devil Jin, Asuka, Jack 6, Jin, Kazuya and um... well I still need to test more characters. Lili and Devil Jin are my two favs of the group I have played most so far though. I learned Lili's Tekken 6 moveset pretty well, I just can't do any combos ^ ^.

I tried Yoshimitsu in Tekken 6 thinking "Maybe this will feel familiar since I like messing around with him in Soul Calibur : D ~plays~ OMG THIS IS SOOOO DIFFERENT! ; A ; Heihachi stop punching me into wall! Derp low attacks." I do enjoy Yoshi though ^ ^ Practice makes perfect.

Welcome, a SC and Tekken fan at the same time? Man, you must be really busy, I main Hwoarang myself back in the day of Tekken 3, not much to say now though lol, nice to have you onboard, see ya.

~I love drawing~ and making characters!

CAS fashion freaks: http://8wayrun.com/forums/create-a-soul-formulas.59/

Fan fiction freaks: http://8wayrun.com/forums/fan-fictions-are-written.107/

Art freaks: http://8wayrun.com/forums/image-art-distribution.58/

There you go. 3 sections to satisfy your artistic and fangasm needs. Personally, I'm more into the CAS side because I like making up characters just like you and sending them on the fashion runway.

As for hardcore stuff like learning in Tekken? I find it hard, but I try to enjoy being scrubby at that.

Lol thanks for all the links. I really love CaS in Soul Calibur, I usually end up making one character in several slots in different costumes and fighting styles just for the fun of it. It would be really cool if SCV had more slots each with additional sub slots for alternate costume >;D 50 disappears fast with me lol. I suppose I will have to find my camera or something to share my CaS ideas with pictures ^ ^ I am really excited for Vs CaS mode! I am hoping to see more options for customization added into the final version : D anything is possible with the time remaining until release.

Also this is a random question but does anyone know anything about the SCV Joysticks being released? Like the Madcatz one or the HORI one. I have never bought a Joystick before and wanted SCV to be the first one I ever get. I haven't seen any news on those yet and I have never seen how much a Joystick even costs.

and Ty for the continuous welcomes to the forum ^ ^ the community is really nice here.

@Luneth22: I started playing around with him in IV so I am still pretty new to him. I love his style though so I am most certainly going to keep working hard at playing as him.

Hello I am MyonTsun! I am new to this forum and finally decided to post an introduction thread here ^ ^
I don't say a whole lot because I am kind of shy o///o. Anyway I thought I would join here for a few reasons! 1. Soul Calibur was the first fighting game I ever played and has been my favorite ever since I started (SC2 was my first on GC, lol Link sucked me in), 2. I come here a lot to check news for SCV and 3. I thought it would be fun joining so I could post my opinion on random things.

I would have to say Siegfried is my main character and I have a few I like practicing with on the side as secondaries. I usually like playing around with Raphael, Nightmare, Astaroth, Cassandra and I my latest being Mitsurugi. I enjoy playing around with all the characters actually but those are my favorites. I have been experimenting with Setsuka and Hilde a little lately but it has been a mixed experience (darn those just frames/charge attacks)

Anyway I will probably just come around to see news/updates on SCV and to read about character strategies so I can try improving my skills ^ ^ especially when playing with my friends~! (hooray for local play)

Also would anyone happen to know a Tekken forum because I would like trying to improve my strategies in that too. I am also a new Tekken player (5 was my first but my copy broke early due to... water leaking all over old PS2 and I recently got 6) Sorry if that is off topic but SC and Tekken are related so I thought this would be a good place to ask such a question.

Sorry for my long wall of text ^ ^; I tend to rant a lot or try posting anything I can think of when I get the chance. I hope to have fun here and attempt posting more than I usually do on most forums I join.

Nice to meet you, And I would disagree Tekken and Soul Calibur aren't that much related, but they are both pretty good games, the only thing i hate about the new Tekken 6 game is the over powered combo, there are combos that just can't be escaped because once you get caught into a situation of a stun and then combo or Floater its pretty tough to get out of it, i would have liked it if they went a virtua Fighter 5 route with their combo attacks. also i heard or its rumor that Tekken 7 is in the making...

Nice to meet you, And I would disagree Tekken and Soul Calibur aren't that much related, but they are both pretty good games, the only thing i hate about the new Tekken 6 game is the over powered combo, there are combos that just can't be escaped because once you get caught into a situation of a stun and then combo or Floater its pretty tough to get out of it, i would have liked it if they went a virtua Fighter 5 route with their combo attacks. also i heard or its rumor that Tekken 7 is in the making...
Hello :3 nice to meet you too! I agree :T combos in Tekken 6 are super annoying to escape most of the time. I came close to winning in several matches against bots and they always win through smashing me into the wall over and over and juggling me across the screen lol. I wonder things will be like in Tag Tournament 2! I have seen that you can swap team members out for those combos in certain videos ^ ^. Interesting to hear if there is a Tekken 7 coming out too, I am glad my favourite fighting games are getting so many new installments lately. Anyway I think its time I start posting in other threads :T time to search for some to post stoof in!
Also on a side note I wasn't really saying Tekken and Soul Calibur are the same, I meant that they are both made by Namco : D I should have worded that better lol.

Siegfried is my main character
Awesome.
I usually like playing around with Raphael
Even better.

I'm Heaton, one of the more active Siegfried players around here. I also dabble around with Raphael, and I consider myself fairly knowledgeable with those two characters. If you have any questions about those two, feel free to either drop me a PM or leave a message on my page - I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as I can. I also play a bit of Tekken (as Dragunov) - it's not my forte, but I can help you with basic questions on that as well.

Someone's already linked you to the Siegfried Soul Arena, and that's where you'll want to go once the game is out. Right now it's not all that active, but I predict that within the first week that subforum, if not the entire website, will be exploding with activity. Best to get yourself acquainted with the regulars there so you'll know who to go to if you need anything.

Welcome to 8WayRun.

Welcome! We love new people here at 8WayRun. If you have any questions about anything at all, don't hesistate to ask.

Damn, late again! Welcome! It is so awesome to see so many people join 8WR.

Hah, that's no problem at all kiddo, as a writer of rants myself I like them. It's nice to hear what's on another person's mind and that hardly strikes me as shy at all :D. Anyways we also welcome rants in the general forums; the general lounge and gaming discussion as well as the java chat, Feel free to ramble there anytime, we like it :D.

@Heaton: Thanks for the nice welcome there : D and I like Dragonuv too! Hooray for the silent Russian! It appears I forgot to list him in the characters I enjoy playing as list up thar : o Nice to meet more Siegfried players too : D and Raphael is someone I really am working hard to get better with lately, especially since he has become one of my favourite characters lately so I'll probably be looking around his Soul Arena threads a lot.

@Mage & Enkindu: Thank you for taking the time to say welcome to me : D and Mage awesome Zhou Tai avatar! Zhou Tai is one of my favourite characters in DW.

@Ghengis_John: Ooh Java chat : o is that like a instant messenger? That sounds like it would be fun to participate in. I am mostly shy like in public in person I barely say anything at all ^ ^; and on forums sometimes when I want to post something I just delete it last second and be like "nooooooooo O/////O". Anyway like everyone else thank your for taking the time to welcome me to 8-way-run : D.

I need to go post somewhere else :T I have been huddled up in here for the past few days lol.

Back