Hello

FuryofFrog

[08] Mercenary
Hi guys,

I'm new here to 8WayRun. I've been trying to immerse myself in the fighting game community more and more lately as I've become more serious about the scene. The announcement of Soul Calibur 5 gave me a fresh chance to do just that.

I'm a casual fighter at best who throughly enjoys all aspects of fighting games. I'm the guy who cares what stage you pick because I want to hear a certain song or see a particular level. I've been playing since Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast.

The characters that I've always mained are Ivy and Astaroth. I'm glad I still get to play them in V.

Thank you very much and see you around.

Hi guys,

I'm new here to 8WayRun. I've been trying to immerse myself in the fighting game community more and more lately as I've become more serious about the scene. The announcement of Soul Calibur 5 gave me a fresh chance to do just that.

I'm a casual fighter at best who throughly enjoys all aspects of fighting games. I'm the guy who cares what stage you pick because I want to hear a certain song or see a particular level. I've been playing since Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast.

The characters that I've always mained are Ivy and Astaroth. I'm glad I still get to play them in V.

Thank you very much and see you around.

Hi FuryofFrog. Nice name. Welcome to 8WayRun. You seem like you would enjoy talking and read about the competitive aspect of fighting games. We have a section here dedicated just for that. SoulCalibur Tactics

However, you may see a bunch of numbers, letters, and acronyms that you might not understand. If this is the case, then you should definately watch the video in this thread to learn them: 8WayRun General Directory and Offline Matchfinder Reception

And of course you should always check the front page or the SoulCalibur 5 General for the latest information about the new SoulCalibur. Join right in any conversation there.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask myself or one of the other mods. We're here to help you. Welcome again!

Hi guys,

Cool. Nice to have you aboard man, if you're looking to get more serious about the scene you might wanna hop on over to regional matchmaking thread to see if you can't find some players in your area:
http://8wayrun.com/categories/regional-matchmaking.83/

If you wanna brush up first you could do worse than to check out the tactics compendium.
http://8wayrun.com/forums/soulcalibur-tactics.4/

Or if you're just looking to chill out and sun yourself you can catch some match videos and soundtracks in the site's media library. Makes a nice way to relax or get yourself hyped, your pick.
http://8wayrun.com/media/soulcalibur-iv-original-soundtrack.2076/

Pocky Yoshi says hello and is pleased to meet you........CROAK! ^^;
Hah. I get it...

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I look forward to improving and becoming a contributing member of the community. Right now I am actually trying to pick up SC4 again preparing for 5 although its looking like my practice won't matter too much with Ivy involved considering how much she is going to change again.

Once more thank you all. ^___^

Back