iCS/CS and SS information

To elaborate; are the people who can do iCS naturally inclined to do so, or is it something that comes from hours and hours on practice mode? I WILL put in hours and hours if need be, I just want to make sure. I am not a kid anymore, and am wondering if my arm can still be trained for iCS.

In my case it was hours and hours of training, but now i get CS 89% of the time and iCS like 10% of the time, leaving the other 1% to failed inputs

I sank in about 1 hour (spread out between other things,) to CS and the results are great! I went from about 1/7 to about a 4/7 success rate including one iCS!

The main improvement might sound silly, but it's a pretty huge change: I can now tell mid input if it will land or not. I guess this means my muscles are aware of the actual input now, and all that's left is consistency.

I might be about 100 years too early to give tips, but here's some stuff for other players that I would have loved to hear from my pre-practice self:

1- Practice the 2828 portion exclusively to begin with. The second 8 seemed to be my main problem as my hand skips to the 4 a bit too quickly. After that practice the 4666. Plan out which part of your hand you will be using to hit the stick (if you also use stick,) and how for each input.

2- Start slow. Do the 28284666 very slowly and "cleanly" and very steadily speed up until you hit the input in about the time it takes for the A+B attack animation.

3- Buffering seems to be easier than doing it whilst neutral. On that note, do it from neutral.

4- To maximize attempts at CS, stand way back from the opponent in practice mode so you don't have to watch the normal / CS throw. The actual arm swing Ivy does is different from a normal grab, so you can tell if you landed it without watching it for the Nth time. Do a K+G taunt and buffer CS during it. This stops you slowly edging towards the opponent.

If you are NOT a retard you can instead simply put the opponent CPU to crouch as the post below me says. /facepalm

5- For the love of god don't spend more than 30 minutes or so solidly attempting CS, or you will hit some sort of haze where you are not really improving. I suggest either practicing her 22B just frames for a while, or playing an entirely different character / mode.

There! Some tips for others in return for the help I received myself!

^-- what those two said. You'll see your execution increase in a matter of days, even with just 30 minutes of practice.

I hope these questions wont be met with "Read the 45 pages" as an answer ^^

1- Can CS be buffered whilst guarding? (I think this very page suggests this)
2- Can CS be buffered from ANY move? (Inc. grabs
3- Am I doomed to failing inputs like this, or can I actually learn it over time?

1) Yes, but you will jump becuase of the 8.
2)Yes, this is pretty much how you should use CS/iCS anyway.
3)No, just practice. iCS isn't really necessary. It's difficult but the pay off it's that big (9 damage more). Actually, I've never done a iCS on SCV ever. I do know that if you want to learn iCS that you have to practise the inputs because every input must be done at 5 frames or lower and have a total of 40 frames or lower.

Edit: got ninja'd. A lot!

To be somewhat helpful I play with a stick as well and what I input is 282874666. That way I can't get a iCS but I do get the CS 100% of the time.

I don't think CS is very useful either, but I always go for the move with the highest damage. :P I focused my Ivy on pressure. If you fight me, you'll see that I have a defensive but offensive Ivy. You'll rarely see me use CS/iCS anywhere in my gameplay. Anyways, I always like to test stuff out on my opponent to find their weakness though. I might throw a 6a+b in somewhere throught my gameplay to test reaction or something like. But if you want to use iCS or CS for that matter, try to throw it out there after your opponent's move. Lets say your fighting a Misturugi and he does 66b.b, try to JG the second and throw a CS or iCS there. Once you've mastered that then, everything will change....

I'm sitting on about 5/7 CS success rates in practice mode! I am at a stage now where if I want to pull one of I can take in a breath and do one 100% of the time (harder to do 3+ in a row.) Still only have one iCS under my belt, and it didn't feel like I did it any faster than normal. I even had to watch instant replay just to make sure.

I still suck in doing it in actual matches, but I have the confidence to know that wont stay like that for long. Plus I land more normal grabs in my attempts at CS (I normally keep grabs to a bare minimum, lovin' Ivy's 10 meter long arm!)

The question I have now is, what are the best moves to buffer CS with? I spent so long practicing it with A+B that I almost exclusively do it with it. It just dawned on me though that if I see an Ivy do a A+B I will duck to expect the low.

AA, (A), 66(A), 7_8_9A, BB, 6B9K, WR B, 3(K), when your opponent is on KND e.g. after 1K/3B/CH6(A)/AT6B8/AT bK/2A+B (buff during attack), 6B+K_(B+K), 44(A), 22A, 5 JF move, 44B, 3A, grab, 6AK, 1A, A+BA, 214B, 1B BE, 66B BE, 22B BE, taunt, aGI 4A+B

Wouldn't it be easier to just say "everything" ? =P

Personally I never try to buffer CS after 214B because most people know it's negative on hit and always try to interrupt me.

Personally I never try to buffer CS after 214B because most people know it's negative on hit and always try to interrupt me.

I do 7B or 214B after a 214B on hit limiting their movelist to horizontal mids. When they start doing horizontal mids after 214B on hit~buffer CS during 214B animation~block~press B+G or punish lol. After repeating this several times, some ppl tend to freeze or backstep in order to whiff punish me after 214B on hit lol, cuz the mindgame is getting annoying; that's when I just do the CS after 214B. Of course they can break/duck it, so I mix the CS moments up with 2A+B and dash CE/SS/A+G.
Edit: depending on the match-up some vertical will still catch your 214B after 214B on hit (e.g. Yoshi 3B). You can backstep/block it and B+G after 214B, CS still comes out (or just punish it).

I completely dropped ivy now, i cant take her junkness anymore so im using nightmare now and doing WAAAAY better. I troubled myself with that forsaken throw, it was my goal i got to it, fulfilled it and now ivy is dead to me

What Soulassasin said.
I tried to drop Ivy for Zas, Kilik and Guitar hero because I found her way too difficult in 4.
But I came back to 4 and 5 with Ivy.
She'll always have a place in my heart. :P

I completely dropped ivy now, i cant take her junkness anymore so im using nightmare now and doing WAAAAY better. I troubled myself with that forsaken throw, it was my goal i got to it, fulfilled it and now ivy is dead to me

Yea... I kind of did too, but not completely. For now, I am just spamming 1k bb, and aa mixups with Pyrhha..

Back