iCS/CS and SS information

Just had a thought...WHAT IF, and this is a big IF...you could hold the last 6 and rush towards the opponent and press the B+G??? I'm going to test that out...THAT would be a major bone thrown our way with this move...just a thought...

Just had a thought...WHAT IF, and this is a big IF...you could hold the last 6 and rush towards the opponent and press the B+G??? I'm going to test that out...THAT would be a major bone thrown our way with this move...just a thought...

Tried that a ways back. No such luck sadly.

Wait, isn't it down, up, down, up?

It's weird, when I actually get the input to come out it says something different than the actual training input. When I get the move to work it's usually that down to back motion as said above. Not quite sure why it's like that.

Ok, I just hit it again but I am gonna take a screenshot of my input because that seems to be the best bet. The first 4 inputs were buffered with a 66B. So far this works often every time I do it.
286y7wj.jpg

Tried that a ways back. No such luck sadly.

You can "run" a short distance and finish a CS. Not the way he describes though, but you can definitely run after buffering and grab up to an entire second after the move you buffered in has completed. I think i posted that earlier in this thread or the general discussion.

i'm pretty sure it doesn't have to be exact input for ics, i have done it a lot rolling the end. exact input is just too noisy. then again, i play people irl much more often than online so it's a bigger concern.

I was able to get it a few times and record it. Still it seems so damn inconsistent and not always easy to do. Buffering is your safest bet though. In the vid I use B mostly and buffer off of that, I can do it with pad but having problems doing it on stick. Going to keep testing though.

You guys have problem.

Ask noodalls to check it for you. He have programmable stick and he can check this iCS from all directions. Maybe it's just speed, maybe just speed of some segment and maybe speed + timing. It can even depends from what state you making it, from neutral or during recovery. There is no way to be sure about this without that kind of hardware.

Does anyone notice how when they show the iCS in training mode, she kinda guards before she grabs? Just a thought, but maybe that has something to do with it. Like maybe she has to move a very small amount before grabbing. I've done iCS by doing circles before so it can't be perfect input.

That's the dude with the modded controller!! Jp...hey Clash I fought you before...could you do us a favor and put your notation for CS up? You were hitting it online a lot and it would probably help us out here just a tad...

I literally just keep circling the control stick counter clockwise (either side) during a move and then hit 666 grab whenever it's done buffering. Works about 75% of the time for me. A lot easier than SC4 imo, especially since she moves forward a lot before grabbing.

I do 282874666G+B, and it seems work for me about 90% of the time. I got 2 iCS, I just don't know what the timing is.

From what I can see.

Quickest possible input takes 10 commands. (2,8,2,8,4,6,N,6,N,6+B+G).

You can hold last 6 and add B+G (doesn't have to be simultaneous input like EWGF in Tekken).
Seems total input time is about 40F.Any longer than this and it becomes CS.

Seems that 5F is the longest you can hold a direction. This is total for hold and release (e.g. if you pressed 2 for 6F then press 8, or press 2 for 3F, then neutral for 3F then press 8, it will not give iCS).

Doesn't seem to matter if you brush another direction, e.g. 2~3,8. Doesn't matter if you add an extra direction (was able to add 2 between last two commands).

Thanks for your help! So the mystery is solved...

What if you input the entire command faster than 40F but hold one direction for longer than 5F? Would that also result in a normal CS?

Damn. Looks like I'm not going to hit iCS using my method then.

And that's some mad difficulty right there in general. 5 frames per direction? That's hellllaaaa strict.

So really it boils down to good timing and not so much perfect inputs, except the 6s and B+G. I have been hitting it after the 33A hold a lot now, just did it a few times in arcade mode and I got it down.

Now I gotta try this on stick which I have to work on the timing for.

Back