If I had $1 for every time God bailed me out...

HolyForce

I will show you...
... I'd be rich and retired in my 20s.

I fuck up so much but the big guy always bails me out. Epic warbles, son. Epic.

Let this thread serve as my public admission (to the SC4 community nonetheless, lulz) that I believe in God.

Thank you - that is all.

God bless,

-Nate

If I had $1 for every time God bailed me out..

I sold what was left of my soul to Satan a few years back.

I've been on the Highway to Hell ever since. Good times I tell you.

Let this thread serve as my public admission (to the SC4 community nonetheless, lulz) that I believe in God.

Thank you - that is all.

God bless,

-Nate
If I had a penny for everytime I beat you up, I'd buy a bat and hit your bitch ass harder.

Yours,

Satan.

Thank you - that is all.

God bless,

-Nate

Woot for controversial thread!

Seriously though, it is rather humble of you to give thanks and recognition to something that isn't very popular to believe in these days. I myself believe in him, just..a very lazy believer..-_-

I encourage people to believe in what they choose! That's free will - freedom of choice.

I personally believe in God without doubt nor question - with or without my 'good fortune'. My decision has been made and is permanent.

Of course, I'd like every disbeliever to reconsider and be sure they aren't consulting a 'false prophet'-type for information, advice and soul-kindling - keep in mind even the Bible has been tampered with most likely!

Nonetheless, best wishes to everyone.

I believe in god, but that's mainly because things always sem to unravel in the absolute perfect way to screw me over. I mean just flawlessly, with a sequence of events happening in just the right order to piss me off more than I thought possible.

I mean there isn o way there isn't SOME kind of entity trying to make my life a living hell.

Funny how ppl blame their bad luck on God all the time. I don't understand that.

Funny how ppl blame their bad luck on God all the time. I don't understand that.

Cause it's all a part of God's divine plan. EVERYTHING that happens, "good" or "bad", is because He has forseen it and approved, since he's all-knowing and all-powerful. Family members killed in some freak accident? God. Passing your midterm? God. Taking a crap and not having to wipe? God.

Freewill and chance is an illusion.

Seriously though, it is rather humble of you to give thanks and recognition to something that isn't very popular to believe in these days. I myself believe in him, just..a very lazy believer..-_-
Isn't very popular to believe in? More than 75% of Americans call themselves Christians, which means they believe in God. How is that not popular? Every President has taken the oath and added on "so help me God" even though that's not actually a part of the oath of office. While I'm sure the vast majority of American Presidents were also religious, there's probably oly a small minority claiming to be religious just to get in office, as it's nearly impossible to become elected if you're openly atheist. I'm pretty sure Jefferson was the only atheist president.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/us.html
http://www.gc.cuny.edu/faculty/research_briefs/aris/key_findings.htm

Kosh, I don't even know how to address your reply to my post. Where did you learn such application? Wow...

:\

Search a true Priests's explaination. I'm sure he can correct your understanding better than I.

Morality is subjective.

God gave us subjective rules.

Apparently.

Personally, I believe there is a god. But I believe that God gave every living objective (i.e. mind-independent) rules to live by, instead of subjective rules that we can choose whether or not to live by.

Okay... did something happen to you recently, Holyforce, that you just had to put this revelation out? Like some near death experience or something?

God... to me, is an okay guy. He doesn't seem to be smiting all the truly psychotic and murderous people in the world (which I think He should) but I can't really complain. What does get to me is that there are people that openly turn away from all rational and logical thought to religion. Like the Creationists that still say, to this day, that evolution is a myth and other such crap. I believe in God, but I still know that scientific facts like evolution exists. I prefer to believe in God and not be an athiest because it really sucks to think that if there is no God, you die and that's it. Oh, did I mention that I hate the die-hard athiests as well? Like those people that sued to get the word "God" out from the presidential oath? Crazy stupid bastards. If you really want to die believing that an eternity of nothingness awaits you, fine. Just don't try to push your beliefs onto the rest of the world.

Oh, and my favorite line (sarcasm here) from this one famous British professor who was a notorious athiest. I forgot his name, but in one of his documentaries on evolution, he said "Now we can see that the world can be beautiful, without a God." FUCK THAT SHIT. I hate those kinds of people, if you haven't noticed.

In short: Religion is good for you, but too much of it can warp your mind. Remember that, kiddies.

Oh, and my favorite line (sarcasm here) from this one famous British professor who was a notorious athiest. I forgot his name, but in one of his documentaries on evolution, he said "Now we can see that the world can be beautiful, without a God." FUCK THAT SHIT. I hate those kinds of people, if you haven't noticed.
Richard Dawkins?

IMO, the big bang is proof that God exists. How else could something like time itself be born?

IMO, the big bang is proof that God exists. How else could something like time itself be born?

Thats exactly the reason why scientist from 80 different countries spent 1 billion dollar each year at CERN in Geneva, to prove that it has to be god^^how is that a proof?

People are always looking for the allmighty power when they are not able to explain an issue, thank _GOD_ there are scientist, otherwise we would still live in caves.... :)

There most likely will never be proof of either side of the equation simply because that's the nature of this issue. At least in Christian terms (I'm sure for others as well), God is a matter of faith itself. To prove God's existence would essentially disprove him. While paradoxical, it's the crux of the whole issue.

I'll explain. Religion is faith of that which cannot be proven. If you prove it, it's no longer faith. God is an entity established upon faith for his existence. if you remove the faith by 'proving' existence, you remove the existence altogether.

Now, what is more of a human issue is our worship, interpretation and psychological views developed through the religion established for this unprovable deity.

Richard Dawkins?

I think so. Whatever his name was, when I finished watching part one of the documentary, I wanted to find him and punch him in the face. He was going to this one Christian school and asking them why they thought God made the world and why they should believe in evolution instead.

He says that he doesn't want to force the kids to believe in evolution, but to open their minds to other possibilities... although his tone and what he talks about makes it clear that to him, if you still think there is a God after learning about evolution, YOU ARE STUPID.

Asshole.

Oh, did I mention that I hate the die-hard athiests as well? Like those people that sued to get the word "God" out from the presidential oath? Crazy stupid bastards. If you really want to die believing that an eternity of nothingness awaits you, fine. Just don't try to push your beliefs onto the rest of the world.

Are you kidding me? If anything it is the opposite of what you just said. Having the word "god" in the presidential oath is showing preference to christianity. Get your facts straight before you say stupid shit like that.

Are you kidding me? If anything it is the opposite of what you just said. Having the word "god" in the presidential oath is showing preference to christianity. Get your facts straight before you say stupid shit like that.

Hm. True, that. I was ranting and got carried away. But suing is a pretty extreme for something as trivial as that. Just like the pledge of alleigance. If you are athiest or of a different religion that doesn't believe in one god, just don't say the words "Under God." I guess the same could be said about the presidential oath, although it's more of a tradition thing than a true "showing preference to Christianity." Most, if not all presidents who had a religion were Christians, or some other division under it. So, again, tradition.

Back