If you were a mod, what would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moderation on this site is a joke, come on now. The whole "banning is banned" thing basically just means a mod is just a title.

In other words, basically do whatever you want and there will be repercussions for it here.

EDIT: As for me, I would ban everyone I didn't like, scrubs.

Moderation on this site is a joke, come on now. The whole "banning is banned" thing basically just means a mod is just a title.

In other words, basically do whatever you want and there will be repercussions for it here.

EDIT: As for me, I would ban everyone I didn't like, scrubs.

Tell that to HRD, he's still banned I think.

I've seen so many status updates with members nominating members and themselves to be promoted to a mod. So, I wonder what you people would do if you were a mod.

What would I do? I don't know... Considering the headaches I've seen Mage go through... I don't think I want to be a mod...

View attachment 39491

Good Lord...

HydroJames, as the Fanfiction mod. I can tell you with all honesty it's the hardest thing I've ever done. It's a delicate balance. On one hand you don't want people going crazy and ruining the forums. On the other hand, you don't want to be overly strict and be labeled as a badguy. I toss and turn at night thinking about 8wayrun and lose sleep over it. How does one deal with a bully and not become a bully themselves? It's quite a perplexing problem. The responsibility is too much for one person. You are smart for wanting to avoid it.

Yeah, you can still mess people up in really annoying ways if you infract them hard enough. Not really worth it in a lot of cases. Usually you can jsut wipe a few posts and tell people to chill and it's settled.

Infractions piss people off and things tend to get more annoying rather than settle down.

I guess someone got rid of my mod powers, I'm sure some tiny eyes were involved. Good thing HydroJamesAqua isn't a mod. He would be subject to such childish behavior. Handing a kid with tiny eyes mod powers is like handing Bin Laden some nukes and telling him to have fun.

The ignore button is all the mod you need. Don't like someone? just delete them from your field of view. I don't get why special people need to 'clean' things up when I can do that on my own.

No, seriously, it's when you idiots go back and forth a hundred times is when shit gets dumb. Make your point, then let it the fuck go. There wouldn't need to be mods if you guys didn't re-re-re-re post and re-re-re-re quote people. There are PM's for that shit.

Yeah, we all argue and get annoyed sometimes. Man up and drop it within 2 posts max.

If I were a mod I wouldn't do a dog-gone thing, because it's a fucking website for a video game. Don't act like it's more important than it is.

The ignore button is all the mod you need. Don't like someone? just delete them from your field of view. I don't get why special people need to 'clean' things up when I can do that on my own.

No, seriously, it's when you idiots go back and forth a hundred times is when shit gets dumb. Make your point, then let it the fuck go. There wouldn't need to be mods if you guys didn't re-re-re-re post and re-re-re-re quote people. There are PM's for that shit.

Yeah, we all argue and get annoyed sometimes. Man up and drop it within 2 posts max.

If I were a mod I wouldn't do a dog-gone thing, because it's a fucking website for a video game. Don't act like it's more important than it is.

Captain Hook for President.

For real, yeah. Mute/Ignore button is pretty much all that is needed. However, people for some weird ass reason don't like the mute button. Were quick to use it in games, but completely don't give a shit in forums? It's just people want to have their point proven, that's all. Any kind of debate in this site would never be worth it, tbh. Unless its about which participants is going to win each round in a tournament. Greatest Voldo vses Greatest Aeon scenario, lol.

For real, yeah. Mute/Ignore button is pretty much all that is needed. However, people for some weird ass reason don't like the mute button. Were quick to use it in games, but completely don't give a shit in forums? It's just people want to have their point proven, that's all. Any kind of debate in this site would never be worth it, tbh. Unless its about which participants is going to win each round in a tournament. Greatest Voldo vses Greatest Aeon scenario, lol.

DEX is my hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back