IMPORTANT: SCV Bug/Glitches Collection

Belial

King of Hundred Swords
CHECK VIDEO DESCRIPTION ON YOUTUBE PLEASE.
Youtube Link

OTHER KNOWN BUGS:
Major Bug
Viola doom combo
Viola Grab Infinite
Pyrrha Omega Wall Glitch
Aeon Ultra Wiff Bug
Mitsurugi 236B hold bug
Dampierre Ultra Bug
Hilde Doom Combo
Viola Random RO bug (im not sure if its still in the game, didnt test that!)

Minor Bug
Algol Chair Bug
Algol 2A wiff bug (or Voldo hitbox bug probably)
Algol BE Qfip bug
Invisible EIN
Pyrrha 236A wiff bug
Pyrrha Omega BE Bug
Viola Orb Glitch

Please distribute this video and provided links any way you can: Daishi Twitter, e-mails etc.

heya, i've posted the vid on the official SoulCalibur facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/SoulCalibur). due to the annoying nature of facebook's timeline for business pages, my post is hidden in the “Recent posts by others" section, but please do look for it (just look for "Random SC5 bugs") and like it so we can get some attention from namco.

LINKS TO OTHER BUGS ARE IN YOUTUBE VIDEO DESCRIPTION!
I couldnt add this to 8wr post, b/c it auto-embeds them and there is like 10 videos of glitches.
If someone explain how to post links not embedding them I'll add all to the first post.
Mitsu combo , hilde and tira doom combos are all listed!

If someone explain how to post links not embedding them I'll add all to the first post. Mitsu combo , hilde and tira doom combos are all listed!

The easiest way would be to insert a link into text , for example:

Soul Calibur 5 - Viola is Balanced

Just write something, then select it and add a link (the option is just below the blue arrow, it will stay greyed out until you select a text)

1st post up with list of other bugs and links. Appears most people are too lazy to go to youtube page :p

Belial i dont see a link to a Tira doom combo in the description

http://8wayrun.com/threads/tira-einsatz-calcatrix-jolly-b-k-guide.12253/#post-444151

Tira's Revenge/Armor ability allows her to gain critical gauge depending on the move when activated. It can give a player upto 2 full bars. I hate to say it but i believe it should be reviewed. Not sure if it has the same affect to any other character that has a revenge/armor ability (like Mitsurugi or Astaroth).

Belial i dont see a link to a Tira doom combo in the description

http://8wayrun.com/threads/tira-einsatz-calcatrix-jolly-b-k-guide.12253/#post-444151

Tira's Revenge/Armor ability allows her to gain critical gauge depending on the move when activated. It can give a player upto 2 full bars. I hate to say it but i believe it should be reviewed. Not sure if it has the same affect to any other character that has a revenge/armor ability (like Mitsurugi or Astaroth).
I dont see a link to video showing any of this.

Also, I think we are sort of missing video of Voldo BS step~G, but my testing showed that no real step is happening, except for a few mids it seems that this step doesnt really _step_. you will end up blocking horizontals and verticals. However if anyone has good example of this it might be worth putting up as well.

BT voldo can step_QS_backstep cancel to guard in any frame, even earliest frames, no examples needed, every voldo player knows about it:P.
As for other things from movement you would like to get fixed.
step cancel - like that one from 0:12

LINK

basically it works similar way as backdash cancel, you just need to make 8~698~698~698 and so.
Also just like in 4~214 backdash canceling you can guard cancel much faster, here, you can guard much faster after second sidestep.

All I care about is to fix the game. I need videos to demonstrate application of the bug to Namco. If I mail them stuff "EVERYBODY KNOWS THIS" like you suggest, that would be fail. Example I could come up within limited amount of time were not convincing, since Voldo still had to block mid atacks after initiating a sidestep, due to whatever reasons. That's why I bring this up asking for examples.

After you enter 8wr condition (i.e past 20 frames) you can block at any time. It would only be usable if it provided extra evasion, which, once again, I need examples of. For backdash cancel I provided Maxi example, where you can bdc all his RO options which isnt possible normal way.

As for game slowing down I have been seeing this from the moment I played first laggy person and yes, bad connection slows game down. I dont know why its done, maybe to let you react to stuff which you wouldnt normally, under input lag condition. If many ppl think its an issue I think I can make an HD quality with frame rate count attached but only next weekend. But I'd rather keep it, honestly.

There is Tira's CE whiffing from tip range.

This vid isn't a good example, here (at 2:15) it seems to be whiffing due to off-angle connection near the edge, but it's a similar problem (and the only vid I could find)

I don't have the facility to record matches unfortunately. Could you record it Belial? All you need to do is activate Tira's CE at the very max range. It does affect the game because some tip range punishment is ruined by the bug.

Whoops sorry

EDIT: slow motion thing is beautiful!

Btw, I think ALL characters can crouch Ivy/Asta CE while back turned, but only against Voldo will this be a regular problem

1st post up with list of other bugs and links. Appears most people are too lazy to go to youtube page :p
I can't find a link to the YouTube page. You can't get there by clicking on the video.

Also is the Dampierre CE thing definitely a bug? They might have intended for jumping attacks to be a safer way to attack (like lows vs revenge attacks and Xiba CE)

I can't find a link to the YouTube page. You can't get there by clicking on the video.
You have to play the video and wait until Youtube logo appears in the bottom right corner, then you click on the logo. Your mouse cursor cannot be pointed anywhere on the video though, or else the logo won't appear. It's really annoying.

link

You have to play the video and wait until Youtube logo appears in the bottom right corner, then you click on the logo. Your mouse cursor cannot be pointed anywhere on the video though, or else the logo won't appear. It's really annoying.

link
Ah ok, thanks for the link anyway

Back