Iron CAS

Didn't think I'll be wondering who to vote for with the few entries we have, turns out I was wrong.

My vote goes to ThePascuzzi, even though I don't like the red textures nor the gloves. It's just that after the update his usage of the armor is perfect: the pattern, the sticker, the accessory, the shirt and the colors. Everything is chosen perfectly. I really doubt I'll ever see that item used in a better way. Well done.
(I think I'm stealing it as is, maybe even with the dancer's bra).

Special mention to Noregrets, a very simple yet very strong and consistent design.

I vote for MistaKoo's first entry. It's not just unique, it looks good and utilizes several pieces that I find difficult to use well(notably wonder jacket and cuff boots).
Yay my first vote ever, I'll never forget you <3

I like Mistakoos elves the most, specially the creepy one. But I don't see the point in using an item just to cover it by other item. So my vote goes to No regrets Scarlet is simble yet beatiful, she could be in any roster, in any fantasy anime, in any rpg and she would fit. Gatsu's viking was a close call though

I like Mistakoos elves the most, specially the creepy one. But I don't see the point in using an item just to cover it by other item.
I see your point, but the straps where needed for it to actually look like an armor and not just floating fur, especially on the creepy one.

My vote goes to MistaKoo on this one, simply because I found his first elf design to be the most captivating out of all the submissions. Specifically the way in which he so convincingly captured the elven rouge theme truly caught my interest.

Nevertheless, among the other submissions, I thoroughly enjoyed FreeMeal's goddess, yosharioIII's Ezia, Jess's 'Cogwheel Bandit' Tira, NeclordX's elf, and both of ThePascuzzi's entries.

I'm into elves and Japanese things. That being said, chobek, ThePascuzzi, and Mistakoo are tough to choose from. NeclordX and noregrets are eliminated from my list on voting, but they both were very good among with others.

My vote goes to ThePascuzzi for being able to flawlessly use the item ingredient in a way that not only is believable but also looks good doing it. The rest were good as well but Rosa is just awesome. I'm assuming we can still vote?

I'll have to contribute something of my own for the next contest but damn you people are good at creations.

Detailed reviews are below. + = like, - = don't like, > = neutral
Unger
+ Archery Breast Plate mixes well with Merveilleuse Blouse
+ great use of stickers, special equipment, hair options -> creepy
- coloring is plain, some parts left with stock colors

Elf
+ theme expressed successfully
- plain, plain, plain
+ cogwheels, in those proportions, look great with Archery Breast Plate (but do they do anything?)
+ excellent coloring
- could use some subtle patterning to give it an additional edge
+ portal concept for Archery Breast Plate is very original
+ ring theme on multiple parts is a nice touch
- colors seem saturated
Rogue Archer
+ fur breastplate is an interesting construction
+ colors reflect forest them very well
+ cutting off top off ring pants with hot pants is clever

Cowgirl
- lol, who holsters a shotgun on their chest like that?
- part choice is lacking
- colors are fitting, but uninspired

Satirical Design
- fur and shoulders obscure Archery Breast Plate. Notwithstanding part choice stipulation, another part would have worked.
+ works well as satire only
- color scheme is predictable, boring
> use of Archery Breast Plate is simple, straightforward
+ consistent brown color scheme ties everything together
+ use of ring similarly colored to E. I. N. around tasset buckle is clever
- maybe the bare design reflects that she's somewhat rugged, but to me, it looks uninspired
+ some very interesting texturing on that Archery Breast Plate
+ coloring seems faithful to original
+ Soothsayer's Hood is a great part choice
+ good use of patterning on the leggings
- Championship Belt+Isis Wrap interact interestingly, but the belt doesn't quite work out in this case
- I understand what you were going for with the Feathers of Stregth, but since it isn't flush with the hood, it looks out of place.
> use of Archery Breast Plate is straightforward
+ simple, but effective use of stickers
+ stickers and pattern on Thigh Highs are consistent, nice touch
+ very interesting use of special equipment on the face
- overall color/pattern scheme looks oversaturated, simple
> straightforward use of Archery Breast Plate with interesting construction
+ part choice conveys theme very well
+ color scheme is understated, yet effective
Rei Hayashi (simple serious)
> straightforward use of Archery Breast Plate
- very simple part choice
- simple coloring

Rei Hayashi (anime-ish genericus) - Pocky-Yoshi
+ Archery Breast Plate used as device to advance fish theme
+ awesome coloring/patterning/sticker work clearly conveys fish theme
+ effective part choice
+ combining Chiton and Slit Skirt is clever
My top picks are MistaKoo's Rogue Archer and Pocky-Yoshi's "anime-ish genericus" Rei Hayashi. It seems almost impossible to choose at this point, but due to the nature of the contest, I'm going to place my vote for MistaKoo's Rogue Archer, the only reason being that I think he used the Archery Breast Plate better. Some people have said that they see the Racoon Tail as covering up the breast plate, but I see it as giving it a different texture with minimal sacrifice to the shape of the breastplate. Other than that, those two CaS are of equal quality.

My vote goes to ThePascuzzi (if I'm still allowed). A simple looking but expressive mischief making girl. Lots of little tricks like the colouring of the tight shirt's knot give her a uniqueness and is quite resourceful. I like the idea of turning an apparent flaw in the item into an advantage. They're just tricks on their own but I like how it all comes together to give a sense of character. Very nice work!

Great stuff all round, guys! :D

You're good Fliptop. The voting ends at 12PM on June 20th. BTW, my vote goes to ThePascuzzi as well. Pretty obvious why since he always makes stuff look good. Japanese Pyrrha and Rosa both look nice.

Pouting rant to oneself...
I swear, when I get DLC, I am so busting out my creativity that's been building up looking with awe and envy from other CAS peeps. Because having no DLC kinda limits my creation sometimes. So atm, I feel extremely outclassed and outdated. *sigh* At least I can take pride in playing with colors and going simple ish with what the CAS I have for now......

Double post but this contest is now over. The winner is ThePascuzzi. I had a feeling you'd be the next winner either voting or odd choice award. Congrats. Regardless, I'll do my odd choice award evaluation later.

Double post but this contest is now over. The winner is ThePascuzzi. I had a feeling you'd be the next winner either voting or odd choice award. Congrats. Regardless, I'll do my odd choice award evaluation later.
Cool! This is the first time I've ever won anything around here, so I'm happy. There was something to like from everyone who entered, so awesome job all around.

Close calls.
Jess - Though the cogwheels are very unique with potential, but the whole custom overall could use a bit more work. Sometimes you have to stick to putting a theme than to just slapping parts coloring them and calling it a day. Despite that, it was intriguing.

FreeMeal - Despite this odd custom that isn't my style, it captivates me a little. But the colors kinda scare me away since they're a bit saturated and I feel that chest piece is screaming "look at me, I'm a portal chest piece now". In general, that's only thing that saves your custom imho.

Mistakoo - I like your simple elf. But the others felt kinda experimental and kinda half done. The cowgirl with that odd positioning of holster imho is kinda odd. I feel sorry for her if she ran, it'd be a hindrance haha. The armor fur elf experiment was very lacking since I felt there isn't much. However, trying out new things via trial and error is not a weakness. As your elf is proof of that.

Gatsu - It's really a sin to make a female viking that looks cool altogether. Because Pocky Yoshi likes simple elegant customs such as these. My only nitpick is the blonde hair kinda screams a little too much attention. Sure blondes are herp derp awesome, but having it toned down could kinda make a big difference. That's just my humble opinion though.

yosharioll - Though Ezia was a good gender bend of Ezio, the lower part feels a bit too plain for even a plain jane CAS artist such as myself. The top was fine though. But the bottom made me think she forgot her pants. Imho, I don't think the skirt would be a great thing to add for her.

chobek - A really strong entry(though I could be biased to say such coincidence). Regardless, I liked it quite a bit. Simple Japanese designs always attacks Pocky Yoshi's fetish, however I was able to resist such a good CAS this time. Fetish attacks won't work on Pocky Yoshi ^^;

NeclordX - Another strong entry. Unger was creepy, but captivating. You've succeeded on creeping out Pocky Yoshi to liking it a bit. To give you an idea on how much I like it, I actually glanced at it a few times.

The elf imho was a nice add-on bonus. It's great she has an unhappy ending as you stated. I'd actually put her in my Misfortune comics to show how unfortunate she is to help you reach your bliss. Soon as I get my camera up and running sometime.

The winner of odd choice award is Noregrets
SOULCALIBUR_42.png
SOULCALIBUR_52.png
SOULCALIBUR_49.png

SOULCALIBUR_48.png
SOULCALIBUR_50.png

Why this CAS artist wins it?
Peeps who could of taken the crown was NeclordX, Gatsu, and Mistakoo.

NeclordX however said it best after I glanced at this CAS quite a bit.
Scarlet is simble yet beatiful, she could be in any roster, in any fantasy anime, in any rpg and she would fit.

Disagree with it? Too bad. Pocky Yoshi is rolling with this since he agrees. Pocky Yoshi has no regrets.

Good news is everyone in this challenge actually captivated me somehow. Give yourselves a pat on the back. I shall reveal the next hidden ingredient soon. Stay tuned.

Sorry for the wait. Today's hidden ingredient is
Kittymeow Head

Sure this item is very difficult to make, but let's see how you 8wayrunners work with this one. =3

Challenge starts now. And ends on the June 30th. On June 3oth, we vote until July 2nd. Get to it 8wayrunners.

Interesting. I never use this head equipment before.. so I have no idea what to do with it yet. But lets see what everyone have first.

Back