Is SC's Hephaestus a jerk and a fool?

Well yeah, Aeon got the worse favor shown in his direction but if none of those untrained warriors didn't have Hephaestus on their side, they all would've been dropping like flies.

Demeter starved all of humanity at one point, likely killing massive amounts. Reason? Hades had kidnapped her daughter and she wanted to force the other gods to take action against him. So she had a decent amount of reason behind it, but still pretty douchebaggy.

Hades only really unpleasant episode is that kidnapping(as far as I can remember). Outside of that, most people who gets effed over when dealing with him did it to themselves.

Yeah, compared to pretty much every other Greek god out there, Hades is a saint. His one transgression wasn't even something that would have had to do with mortals if Demeter wasn't such a bitch. All he wanted was a wife, even if it meant having a shotgun wedding, and I believe that he still ended up getting the short end of the stick when things settled down.

Yeah, compared to pretty much every other Greek god out there, Hades is a saint. His one transgression wasn't even something that would have had to do with mortals if Demeter wasn't such a bitch. All he wanted was a wife, even if it meant having a shotgun wedding, and I believe that he still ended up getting the short end of the stick when things settled down.
Damn, Hades always got the short end of the stick no matter what. While Zeus and every other Greek god are praised upon a pedestal, Hades is viewed as the bad guy because he's the god of death and bad things happening. At least we now know of the Greek gods' discretions and infidelities. Just because you have power doesn't mean you can wield it to suit your whims, it comes with a price.

Well yeah, Aeon got the worse favor shown in his direction but if none of those untrained warriors didn't have Hephaestus on their side, they all would've been dropping like flies.
I don't know. If Hephaestus didn't send them out on these missions, they'd still be living at home with their family for a safe/happy/normal life. And isn't Aeon eating his new holy warriors anyway? So they are technically dropping like flies.

Well.. if SCBD tie in's is anything to go by, should you want to consider it, you should be glad that KRATOS from God of War impaled this #&%@$ to kingdom come on his own anvil.

Being a divinity, I don't think Hephaestus would be overly concerned with the fate of his mortals. But, ah, the poor Alexandra family; the amount of familial strife going on is terribly unfortunate. Imagine it; an 18-year-old baker's daughter suddenly embarks on a crusade to destroy an alleged 'evil sword'. Nobody believes her, save for her husband-to-be, Rothion, and her younger sister. What entails are several more unpredictable excursions that only further the doubtfulness of her motives.

And poor Aeon. God, I really feel that he was jipped. I would have loved to see some development of Aeon's story, rather than just two simple sentences stating that the evil seed brought about his demise.

I think Aeon's problem is that he spends Soul Calibur 1 using his holy in the name of Soul Edge instead of to destroy it, so Hephaestus probably didn't like that.
A god doesn't have time to differentiate between someone acting willingly and someone being controlled.

I think Aeon's problem is that he spends Soul Calibur 1 using his holy in the name of Soul Edge instead of to destroy it, so Hephaestus probably didn't like that.
A god doesn't have time to differentiate between someone acting willingly and someone being controlled.

He/They should. I just hope Pyrrah doesn't suffer her mother's fate.

Lets face it Hephaestus is a fool, but most god of Greek mythologi were egotical,vain,cruel and narcissistic and Lizardmam poor guy but Hephaestus bless him if he run out with Cassandra or Sophitia or a named holy warrio U.U!
Funny out of everyone Sophie is the only one that done somthing and she is a untrained warrio =D

Lets face it Hephaestus is a fool, but most god of Greek mythologi were egotical,vain,cruel and narcissistic and Lizardmam poor guy but Hephaestus bless him if he run out with Cassandra or Sophitia or a named holy warrio U.U!
Funny out of everyone Sophie is the only one that done somthing and she is a untrained warrio =D

Not to mention that most of them were homosexuals and demanded a lot of praise and offerings on a daily basis.

Not to mention that most of them were homosexuals

That's not true at all. I mean the only god you can come close to labeling as gay would be Apollo. And I count the number of women and men he pursued to be pretty even. I think there was around 10 women and 9 men.

All the others had way more female lovers than male ones.

That's not true at all. I mean the only god you can come close to labeling as gay would be Apollo. And I count the number of women and men he pursued to be pretty even. I think there was around 10 women and 9 men.

All the others had way more female lovers than male ones.
So Apollo is technically bisexual. What about Hermes?

My Greek lore is rusty, but I seem to remember that having lovers of both sexes was the norm for most of the gods. Artemis was a lesbian, IIRC, and didn't Zeus kidnap a boy and keep him as a houseboy with the implications of a Greek pederastic relationship?

Back