Ivy Videos

Hey Eli123s! Nice matches against Oof. Some really crazy stuff going on there (you JI his Force Parry, and he aGIs your SE A+B nad SW A+B UBs with it, wow) I can't help much about Yun-Seong but I play Vader myself (of course I'm nothing compared to Oof, as he is probably the best Vader in the world) and my thoughts are:

- Vader player can abuse his 1BA (that fast mid-high string) if his opponent doesn't know how to react to this move. Always try to duck (i know it's not that easy at the beginning). Vader is at disadvantage if 1B hits on block and normal hit, however on CH he is at +5. I figured that you can even CL 6A+B in between his 1BA for guaranteed 80dmg (it becomes AT)

- Oof was using a lot of his B+K. It's a mid with -2 on block (typical Vader...) so his 1BA becomes a frametrap. It's also a mindgame, because he can do 1BA, throws (if you block and wait) or Force Parry (if you attack).

- He has crazy RO game. Stay away from him, when he has an edge behind him, because if he knocks you down, you will most likely loose the round. OOf tried that a couple times, like in the second round of this video:

- Watch out for his Force Parry. It's one of the best aGI in the game, it aGIs everything inculding throws and has big window for JI. From my experience, Vader players like to use this after you block their moves and try to "punish". This is also related to the fact, that Vader is one of the safest characters in game. So unless you know what you can punish, be careful.

- When you get knocked down, try not to tech (unless you were grabed by his A+B or B+G, if you stay on the ground/try to roll he can pick you up with his Force)

- Vader doesn't have good tools against opponents, who like to step. His 1B is horizontal, and FC 2A is good but apart from that, mostly his SS killers are slow or high. So in other words, he is kinda linear. Maybe try to utilize more CL 214B on him (I don't think he can punish it hard on block... 4B mostly I guess)

I think you did pretty good. Next time try to abuse some more SW 22_88K/2A+K (the latter one is better, because I think Vader can't punish it at tip range) and try more WP to get some space.

Everything said here.

• 1BA kept getting you, duck the A.
  • Don't set yourself up for aGI's, expect it after you block a few moves.
  • Break throws, he throws after force cancellations and I see more of the B throw than his A throw.
  • You set yourself up for RO's too much, keep away from prime ring out positions because when Oof sees an availability for a RO he'll take it.

Step against vader, most of his setups are very very linear moves.

and...interrupt with 2As and 2Bs, that how I dealt with Shen Rii against his Vader.

Oh yah...and shake as well...there are some moves over there that you can shake out of stuns.

Thanks for all the tips and info, guys. Yea I gotta really start ducking 1BA more. Sometime I just freeze up. I also have to try and stop attacking right away when my back is to the edge. I will implement all your suggestion to my game play and JI that force too.

Here are some videos at a recent tournament, I was in. I need help/input yet again on these matches. Also I am having trouble vs Astaroth, that guy is so intimidating :(

Kyper(Apprentice) vs Eli123s(Ivy)

Eli123s(Ivy) vs thinkingofaname(Amy)

Eli123s(Ivy) vs t3h_mAsTarOth(Astaroth)

gw8t3st(Sophitia) vs Eli123s(Ivy)

Losers Bracket
Eli123s(Ivy) vs thinkingofaname(Amy) Part 1

Eli123s(Ivy) vs thinkingofaname(Amy) Part 2

Grand Finals Set 1
Oofmatic(Vader) vs Eli123s(Ivy) Part 1

Oofmatic(Vader) vs Eli123s(Ivy) Part 2

Eli123s(Ivy) vs t3h_mAsTarOth(Astaroth)

6:28 confirms my fears about blocking Asta's 66K, where at tiprange Ivy's 9B gets sidestepped by his 22B. And that Starwars stages becomes an easy win for Asta, as he can just steal ur win by only one mistake. This stage is hard to space when u have those moving walls, its too easy for Asta to close in with 66K. Eli, so much SW [A+B] into cancel and it still hit. XD I nvr seen anyone use that much of it, well if they standup to it by all means spam.

In the match point of Losersfinals against Amy, you are so lucky ur SE BBB's pushback was far enough for Amy's 6BB to whiff. Altho u saw her whiff and took the win with 214B which was yours, good work.

The grandfinals were also a nice watch! Regarding about ducking 1BA's second hit, try to wait and see until he does the second before hitting WS B. If u guess he is going to do 1B>1B, ur best response would be throw or SW 4B as if he is going to do aGI, ur SW 4B will punish his 1B. (but u must mash).

Some good use of 22K, I like 22K which stops his aGI and throw at the same time.

Here are some videos at a recent tournament, I was in. I need help/input yet again on these matches. Also I am having trouble vs Astaroth, that guy is so intimidating :(

gw8t3st(Sophitia) vs Eli123s(Ivy)

Grand Finals Set 1
Oofmatic(Vader) vs Eli123s(Ivy) Part 1

Oofmatic(Vader) vs Eli123s(Ivy) Part 2

GG Eli. Especially at 1:52 on the Sophitia match
the tech trap into the SW 9B CL 236 BB was solid and the risky follow up paid of big
time so big props on that.

The only thing i really saw wrong in this match was that u missed out on
some garunteed damage and some wild 214 's but thats it.

Ex. on the garunteed would be after B+G throws and the back and side throws
alot of the time u could have gotten a 214 K out. The onther one i noticed was
the CL AA, u could have used SW 1KB or 1KBK but this follow up isnt garunteed and maybe
u knew that and choose not to take the risk, though it's mostly in your favor.

All in all good stuff congrats on making it to the finals.

Question is there any Signal/Sign on Vaders AgI so u know when to punish or did you(or everybody) just guess.

Here are some of a few online matches I had with King Ivy (Ring).

Eli Vs Ring 1

Eli Vs Ring 2

Eli Vs Ring 3

Eli Vs Ring 4

Eli Vs Ring 5

Eli Vs Ring 6

Holy christ does Ring do a lot of step G.

Surprised how much he turtles...lil confused with all the missed damage opprtunites. Then again it's online...I will still never understand SE 5JF online.

Eli work on your CS buffers though. They're a tad twitchy, but overall pretty good.

Also how I get a game with Ring? I really want to play him. Never seen him online though.

he lives in Poland how to you except to get anything but 2 bars (or 3 bars maybe) when you live in USA ?
This just doesn't work ^^

he lives in Poland how to you except to get anything but 2 bars (or 3 bars maybe) when you live in USA ?
This just doesn't work ^^

Damnit. I'm determined to get one decent video of me online :/

All are either me choking at Evo (not that I was anything special then) and me messing around and losing lol. Hmmm wonder who's the nearest good Ivy. Awestrucks good but our connections a bit shady at times...hmmm...

Thank you for uploading the vids, Eli =)

Eli actually lives in Canada, yet we still get 4 bars mostly (sometimes it fluctuates bewteen 3 and 4, but it's mostly 4), it's only a little worse than my connection with Malek xD

IvyFanboy said:
Also how I get a game with Ring? I really want to play him. Never seen him online though.
You need to buy a ticket and stand in a queue xD

Seriously, we met on ranked once, and it was 3 bars. It's unplayable, I never play at such lag. I can't even move normally or combo. It's not even easy for me and Eli to play at our connection, we get hit by random things on CH so often, that it's not even funny. Also, some combos need to be prebuffered (like CH SW 3B, CL 4B for instance) because you can't hit-confirm it due to lag... and CL A+B,A+K is very hard to block etc

Damnit. I'm determined to get one decent video of me online :/

All are either me choking at Evo (not that I was anything special then) and me messing around and losing lol. Hmmm wonder who's the nearest good Ivy. Awestrucks good but our connections a bit shady at times...hmmm...

Yeah I'm here, but I typically don't do Ivy mirrors online unless I have no one else to play with lol.

Since I live in France, we might have a good internet link.
Ring, would like to play at the end of this week ? I like to do some matches vs Ivy, it's always very interesting because she can be played in so many different ways.

Nice matches. Ring, how do u even step like that online? Ring's lagfu is powerful. Damn! SW 3A pretty good online. Eli, against Ring when he is whip, chasing him in Sword is going to hurt in the process. Since he step and space so well, you gotta so the same. Re space urself so he cant assume the hit. If he is low on health, try WS A+B on disadvantage, as its hard to punish online, unlike versus Amy, WS A+B is rarely too late to GI. If Ring can dominate the stepping, he is always one step ahead of you in his flow of stances. Im not gonna pretend I know how to fight him, but if someone spaces better than me while Im in CL and SW, I either move more in CL, or just spam WP until they stop moving.

I want to play Ring and u guys aswell. Looking at the world map, Canada and US is still closer to Poland than Australia, and Sydney is at the lower corner. :/ I'll be getting a ps3 slim shortly perhaps next week. 4 bars versus Poland sounds like a dream....sigh

It's interesting to watch those videos again. The video number 4 shows clearly how bad 5 hit JF is. Depending on the range, it pushes the opponent far on block and the last two hits whiff leaving Ivy open for attack. So you get punished either on block or whiff.

Stepping is a little random, I generally don't like step G in SC4, because there's lag which prevents you from blocking for like 11 frames after step, so you need to calculate everything in your head to step perfectly in order to lower the chance of getting CHed. It's a little too much for me, I'm not at CheeseOfTheDay's level yet :P

I usually get decent connection only with people from Atlantic part of America. Davo, the chance for 4 bars is very slim, but even if we get 1 or 2 bars, I want to try one. I wanted to play against your Ivy even during SC3 =P

Also, thx to Malice for that awesome custom.

Back