Ivy WP > SW

Davo87

[09] Warrior
8B+KK out of CL and WP! Solved by Eli... :D

8B+K out of CL and WP is done by 8~kB from neutral. (credits to Eli for solving the case)

Basically I press 8K then right away I press B. It is kind of like SE B+K6. Where if you press the 6 right away after SE B+K, her move will behave like WP 3B+K. Similarly it is like that for this 8B+K move. I press 8K and immediately press B. -Eli

The way it works for me is 8~kB. I don't press 8K at the same time, I press 8 and then quickly kB. I think this is the easiest method on pad. -Ring

Check out his vids:

8B+K

Combos
Normal Hit-Whip
1)WP 22B, 8B+K = 48 Damage
2)WP 66A+B, 8B+K = 73 Damage
3)WP 1B, 2B+K [A], 8B+K = 60 Damage
4)WP 44A, 1B+K [A], 8B+K = 58 Damage
5)WP 44A+B, A+B, 8B+K = 63 Damage-reminds me of SC2 Ivy
6)WP 3A+B, A+B, 8B+K = 37 Damage
7)WP 44B+K B [A], 8B+K = 42 Damage

Counter Hit-Whip
1)CH WP 3B+K [A], 8B+K = 57 Damage-reminds me of SC3 Ivy
2)CH WP 2B+K [A], 8B+K = 45 Damage
3)CH WP 1B+K [A], 8B+K = 39 Damage
4)CH WP FC 3, A+B, 8B+K = 55 Damage

Normal Hit-Coil
1)CL 44BB, 8B+K = 53 Damage
Counter Hit-Coil
2)CH CL 1A [A], 8B+K = 54 Damage
Both Stances
3)BT WP/CL A+B [A], 8B+K =54 Damage

Application
Opponent does not tech
1)CH WP 6AA [A], 1B+K, 8B+K = 64 Damage

Opponents attacking after hit by 8B+K
2)WP 8B+K [A] K, CH 3A, CL 236 BB = 45 Damage
3)WP 8B+K [A] K, CH g9B, 66A+B =69 Damage

I was messing with [A]B+K;A+K; [A+K];[B+K]; mashing [B+K] 2 times after releasing A; [A]mashing B+K; mashing A+K and fooling around with timing. What I was aim to do was trying to fool the system into switching stances consecutively by mashing the B+K while doing different things with holding and releasing A.

What u see here is WP 6B+K, then SW 8B+KK. I was able to get it the 2nd time, but when I try to reverse engineer the process Im lost. Ive been spending the past hr getting CL 8B when as I keep trying 8B+K. :S

I've done this before when I was practicing combining the safe stance switch with the non-twitchy CS. It seems to not really be instant SW stance as much as it is getting SW 8B+K from CL. Notice you also return to CL after the move is done. I couldn't get any other SW move from it either.

So, the actual notation I was trying to do was CL [G] [B+K] 32 ]G[ 14391A+G. I was spazzing out trying to get all the inputs in, so that explains the random SW 8B+Ks, haha.

I've done this before when I was practicing combining the safe stance switch with the non-twitchy CS. It seems to not really be instant SW stance as much as it is getting SW 8B+K from CL. Notice you also return to CL after the move is done. I couldn't get any other SW move from it either.

Ya, Goes back into CL. I couldnt get any other moves either yet I hope. Altho even if I return to CL it doesnt matter, if I can do any one SW move just after WP consistently its pretty rewarding.

So, the actual notation I was trying to do was CL [G] [B+K] 32 ]G[ 14391A+G. I was spazzing out trying to get all the inputs in, so that explains the random SW 8B+Ks, haha.

Thats a really random way to get it out. So are u only saying u got 8B+K out of CL? No relation with WP? Logically speaking directional inputs shouldnt be a trigger to the event. Im thinking more in terms of the way the game registers 3 things:
a) the stance lock, [A] or , more importantly when I release it.
b) [A+K] or [B+K], how does the system read the execution and make count of it.
c) the stance fakeout animation glitch where u hold [A] and u can keep pressing B+K to the animation or vice versa.

So are u only saying u got 8B+K out of CL? No relation with WP?

Yeah. That's why I don't believe it's a true WP -> SW switch, because the one move you've gotten is possible to glitch into from CL. When I first did it, I thought it was weird but useless, so I didn't bother posting it.

As for my notation, that was my plan, but I was probably rolling it like [G] 8 [B+K] 9632.... instead. Probably should have been more specific.

Atleast its confirmed now that the 8B+K is a glitch. I wish to get SW 22K or SW 6. :(

After looking at BD, it discourages me to spend effort into looking into stance glitch since they removed stance hold altogether!!

This is probably one of the most frustrating glitches to reproduce I have ever come across.

The way I was doing it, I think it's like CL -> SE switch, but the window for SW 8B+K,K is very small. I could be wrong but I think it's easier to get 8B+K,K in CL. Hold down [A+B], do any move, like CL B and then ~B+K~8B+K,K.

Apparently the system can be fooled with stance lockdown. For example, when you hold [A+B] in CL, and then press B+K you will get the stance switch animation, but the switch itself won't happen, you will just get back to Coil. So my guess is that even though you only get the switch animation, there is a very small window in which Ivy is is actually present in SW.

However, that doesn't explain how it's coming out of WP =S

I hope I am contributing something useful -_-;

Well I think 8B+K has some good uses. This move can be done in all stances just like g9B. When this move is done in Whip, it go to coil because the B+K. The only weird part about this move it when you press B+K it won’t show that blue light, but it will take Ivy to her next stance. If you want to remain in the same stance after using 8B+K, just hold A.

This move is useful because Ivy has another fast tool in WP/CL. I think the 8B+K K will be good for punishing. Although it not as good as SW 6B8 K, this move is still very nice. I made some videos using this move in a few combos; mind you there are better alternatives. Also this move is a bit tricky to do sometimes you might end up doing WP/CL 8B. So I don’t really recommend doing this in combos, especially if you’re in CL. This move is best used as a punishment tool imo.

8B+K

Combos
Normal Hit-Whip
1)WP 22B, 8B+K = 48 Damage
2)WP 66A+B, 8B+K = 73 Damage
3)WP 1B, 2B+K [A], 8B+K = 60 Damage
4)WP 44A, 1B+K [A], 8B+K = 58 Damage
5)WP 44A+B, A+B, 8B+K = 63 Damage-reminds me of SC2 Ivy
6)WP 3A+B, A+B, 8B+K = 37 Damage
7)WP 44B+K B [A], 8B+K = 42 Damage

Counter Hit-Whip
1)CH WP 3B+K [A], 8B+K = 57 Damage-reminds me of SC3 Ivy
2)CH WP 2B+K [A], 8B+K = 45 Damage
3)CH WP 1B+K [A], 8B+K = 39 Damage
4)CH WP FC 3, A+B, 8B+K = 55 Damage

Normal Hit-Coil
1)CL 44BB, 8B+K = 53 Damage
Counter Hit-Coil
2)CH CL 1A [A], 8B+K = 54 Damage
Both Stances
3)BT WP/CL A+B [A], 8B+K =54 Damage

Application
Opponent does not tech
1)CH WP 6AA [A], 1B+K, 8B+K = 64 Damage

Opponents attacking after hit by 8B+K
2)WP 8B+K [A] K, CH 3A, CL 236 BB = 45 Damage
3)WP 8B+K [A] K, CH g9B, 66A+B =69 Damage

Wow Eli123s, how are you getting this move in CL/WP so consistently? I get it mostly 1-2 times out of 10 tries...

This is one of Ivy's best moves, having it in CL and WP would make her much better.

Eli, May I ask how to do it? Did u figure this out within yesterday?

Honestly, I dont want Broken Destiny Ivy ported over LOL.

Good Job! Tian Sai!!!

Eli, can u do point blank WP 3B+K> 3B+K> 8B+K?

Yea I was going to explain how to do the move right way after Ring comment. Just something else sidetracked me... sorry.

I did figure this out yesterday, lol. After I saw that video you posted up I was like dam I have to try that. I was confused and struggling with that move, and then after I read Linkrkc post the move made sense. And from that I just start get the move and timing down, so I made a few video to explore it uses.

Well anyway how to this move consistently, or from what I found, was to first not map B+K. Mapping B+K will only make you transition to the next stance and you will only do WP/CL 9B. You need to have B and K separate from what I find.

My PS3 controller buttons: Triangle is B, and Circle is K.

Basically I press 8K then right away I press B. It is kind of like SE B+K6. Where if you press the 6 right away after SE B+K, her move will behave like WP 3B+K. Similarly it is like that for this 8B+K move. I press 8K and immediately press B.

And for the point blank 3B+K, 3B+K, 8B+K will work, cause the opponent will be airborne and 8B+K will connect. But I will test it later.

I hope this helps out. You guy contribute so much to the forums, it only fair that I try to contribute something too. Only thing I contributed was that lame 6A+B, CL glitch :P

So depressed over BD Ivy changes :(

Unbelievably easy to do! XD Thanks for posting it up. So Ivy has 8kB command. How cool is that!!! Thank you. :DDDD

Im gonna enjoy playing with this move. Ivy now gets a safe and positive frames low in WP. :P

The only difficulty is doing this after 8wayrun.

Yes it works :) but still, it's not that easy as I thought it would be after reading this message.

thanks Eli.

Its not easy doing in a combo. :P

PostGI WP 3B+K, 3B+K, 8B+K (70dmg) So sweet!

Very interresting !

THX

But now, there are even less reason to play Ivy in SW...
2A+K, 3B, A+B[A+B], 1K and CS are the only move really strong which are in SW only.

And K is no longer usefull as a i13 punisher in WP and CL.

The move itself is i13, but doing it from CL/WP without loosing frames is rather difficult (or impossible?)

I don't get it... I can't do this at all?

Neutral stance is just when she isn't doing anything, right?

I'm doing 8kB, so 8 and K, and then B right away after? No idea why I can't get this to work...

Back