[Japan] All Visitors To Japan

Nice comp (and vid, I remember seein it back in the dayz)!
I see that HajimeOwari is listed in the vid.

I'm from So Cal so wish I waz there for this!
Unfortunately (I'm in Japan and) I will most likely be workin and can't go but if anyone can make it to CA for an all SC gamez comp then go and rep!

Summer vacation is finished and back to work.
Finished Weapons Master mode on PS2.
Bought all weapons and everything in the shops.
Opened all stages and game types.
Now just need to do arcade mode with each chara (prob won't do/in no hurry).
Did some move prac.
Now will get into more move prac and prac against other chars (plus some prac against extremely hard AI).
And of course prac on gettin that chain throw down.

Bought my ticket for Cycle Mode (Bike show in Makuhari Messe) in Nov.
http://www.cyclemode.net/english/

Hey, I will be in Tokyo from September 12th to 18th. I'm not sure when I will be available yet but if there is some kind of get together to play Soul 5, I would probably be in!

Yeah I couldn't move my vacation one week later, unfortunately. I'm mostly pissed that I will be missing FictionJunction though on the 23rd.

Oh well too bad

Never heard of FictionJunction, but ya it's a shame you miss all that stuff one week later.

If you play SCII you can join us Sun the 15th. Three of us (Amercians) will be gettin down for some play and prac, polishin up for the SCII HD release.

So me and Wat0son will be hittin Setsuna's place on Sun for some SCII.

Lost Swords announced today (see 8WR Front/Home page).
No 360 version and how about Talim?
A single playa game?...

Tomorrow's supposed to be SCII at Setsuna's.
A typhoon is comin so we will decide tom morn if we go through w/the gamez or not.

Unfortunately, due to the incomin/passin typhoon, we thought it better to call off the gamez today...

Next Sun (22nd) is still on, HajimeOwari and Setsuna's friend from Texas are slated to come.

Well today didn't turn out to be so bad (so far).
The typhoon slowed down and will hit between midnight and tomorrow afternoon.

Oh well.
I got prac in, against the AI in extremely hard mode in arcade and extra arcade.
Also went into prac mode for some training.

Typhoon finally passed Mon.
Was windy and shut down the trainz for half a day. Didn't pass until Mon (wasted Sun waitin for it)
Now nice, cool, dry and a little breezy.

Got more SCII Extremely Hard AI prac in Arcade and Extra Arcade (use Talim's regular 1P weapon though) and some Prac Mode. Now can beat it (first to 3 rounds) in about 20-30 min.
Startin to GI more and gettin stuff down, still can't do the chain throw (it's easier to do on my MAS than my Hori's but don't wanna get used to my MAS cause if I play in the arcade I won't get to use my MAS and also the MAS has to use a converter for the 360 and I'm not to keen on usin converters (re lag, although the Korea PS2 to 360 converter I use isn't supposed to have any)).

Today saw the new Wolverine movie. Had to see 2D cause the 3D one is in JP only.
Was in Sony Digital 4K.
Also had Dolby Atmos sound (but don't know if the theater supported it)- up to 64 speakers includin ones on the ceilin.
Was a pretty good movie, mainly set in Japan.

TGS next Sat and the Mad Catz thingy next Fri night.
Hopin for SCII HD info, will prob see more about Swords (although I'm not wantin it too much) and wanna see Titanfall.
Course watch the pros play their gamez is also always fun too.

Last edited:
Found out Try Amusement Tower in Aki has SCII & SCIIIAE (1 double sided cabinet of each) on 8F.
& it's even sweeter that it's 2 credits for ¥100!
I went & no one was playin so did 5 min prac on Ultra Hard 2x.
Now the arcade fire in my soul has returned so when I can stop by (prob Fri or Sat nights) after work I will.
Hope to meet my old friends on the battlefield once again!

Have been busy- Hit Mad Catz Unveilled last night.
And TGS today.

Not much SC news (supposed to be Lost Sword vid at Namco booth but didn't see it).
NO mention of SCII HD at TGS.

DID see many pro playas (mostly Street Fighter) and my coworker took on Ryan Hart.
MarkMan, Daigo, Infiltration, Mago, Tokido, Momochi, Choco Blanka, Kayane, Xian, Justin Wong etc.
Also saw Vampy Bites Me and Miss Habit.
Even got some sigs!

Talked to Mochi A (been too long man!) and met some of his friends.

Many pics (taken on my iPhone); gotta figure out where and how to put em.

Tomorrow Setsuna's place for SCII. His bud from Texas will show too. Hajime is busy so can't come.

Had to call off gamez today due to a sickness in the house we were goin to.

Hope to get some gamez in next month- looks like Sun the 6th at my place will work!

Back