Japanese offical artbook & guide .. Cassandra, Korean, Setsuka, side story

I would like to know the relation between Hilde and Siegfried. And who is the father of her children..
Their relationship seems to be purely comrade-based, based on their battle dialogue between them. Siegfried said, "Even to friends, I cannot lose," not some loving, romantic stuff. I don't understand why anyone would think they would end up together anyway... A man and a woman can't just work together as partners? There has to be fucking involved? Damn hollywood...

Their relationship seems to be purely comrade-based, based on their battle dialogue between them. Siegfried said, "Even to friends, I cannot lose," not some loving, romantic stuff. I don't understand why anyone would think they would end up together anyway... A man and a woman can't just work together as partners? There has to be fucking involved?
With a woman with plump dick-sucking lips involved, yes.

Okay, here I am back (for the most part). Sorry about the absence, but sometimes it can't be helped.

Why no new info?

Patience is the key. Hope this post is good enough to pay it back. : )

I would like to know the relation between Hilde and Siegfried. And who is the father of her children..

Done, check below.

Also added it as requested by our illustrous underworld don merchant Dampierre. Mostly in thanks for getting rid of that rival of mine helping me in times of need...<nervous>And really sorry about those secrets I shouldn't have revealed gross mistakes on my part, no need to send that psycho assassin friendly fella Ludvigo to pay me a visit</nervous>. Heh heh...

Can someone please tell me who the ragged pencil sketch is of here?

It's a Fu-Ma ninja named Juju, who got possessed by Arahabaki during a mission to check the shrine where he was sealed off. Unable to either stop her or exorcise the demon, Taki shredded her apart which only really really pissed Arahabaki off. He escaped the battle and proceeded to obliterate a nearby village, after which he settled in baby Natsu. This is why Taki feels so guilty about Natsu's condition, as she was unable to control the situation which led to tragedy.

Also, 100% not her mother. Just in case.

And now to honor the character request from before. Here are a few quick facts from the characters that I have gathered.

Yoshimitsu
+ The first Yoshimitsu decided to do the succession because he felt his days were numbered, and his sword was starting to go out of control as a consecuence.
+ The new Yoshimitsu can't keep the sword under control, and worse yet his strong hatred of evildoers (specially Cervantes, who injured his beloved master/father) feeds the evil of the sword even more, making it very dangerous to him.
+ He uses the Fu-Ma Blade, which can repress evil, as a way to keep the evil sword in a stable but fragile balance. The sword, however, has a limit and Yoshi will eventually be forced to face his own personal darkness when it is reached.
+ Yoshimitsu is the one who led Leixia into the Fu-Ma village (explaining his special quotes and how the girl got into the secret village in the first place).

Z.W.E.I.
+ Almost nothing in relation to him, Z.W.E.I. is kept really mysteeeeerious!
+ He once fought alongside István Bocskai, real-life historical aristocrat from Transylvania. He was apalled at the tyrannical rule of Graf Dumas and led his army in rebellion, with Z.W.E.I. sharing his ideas and siding with him. Real-life story more-or-less goes its course, with Rudolf's brother Matthias setting up peace treaties with Bocskai only for him to be poisoned by his (now malfested) chancellor shortly afterwards. Since Dumas led the Imperial Army during this struggle, it's probably this is where they first met, and the reason why Dumas wants him dead so badly.
+ Not even him is aware of what E.I.N. is or how it came to be, it just appeared to help him when he was about to be killed.
+ Apparently, he and Rothion may have met during one of their journeys. Dunno what it means...

Viola
+ Also a mystery. She apparently woke up in some ruined/ravaged town deep within a forest, with the orb already at her side. She knows nothing about it or its power.
+ She believes the sphere is the clue to her memories. The text throws in the alternative the orb is actually stealing her memories away.
+ Nothing about the Amy connection. Amy is actually placed separately in the charts and listed as "Missing" (Cass is also listed as such), but is not linked to anyone save Raph.
+ As a funny note, she considers Patroklos a "dog", a feeling she shares with Nightmare apparently.

Raphael
+ Very little I can add about him. The charts have him only linked to Amy and a few real-life figures (he was a supporter of Henry IV, for example).
+ About Nightmare's host: Soul Edge controls the host by having imprinted his own memories into him. He has forged a new personality and past out of the selected memories of the sword, which appears to account for him using Nightmare/Siegfried's old style. Not sure if it means it was a blank state beforehand, but I tend to agree with that idea.
+ The text also implies that what Dumas really really desires is to devote his soul entirely to the sword regardless of his well-being, and mentions he overwhelms his body beyond its own limits while using the sword's power.

Hilde
+ In terms of her relationships, she and Siegfried (as well as Saria) are listed as "sworn friends" between each other, so they probably are like the new Kilik-Xianghua-Maxi power trio.
+ Hilde was forced to declare the dissolution of Wolfkrone due to the poisoned land. Its territory has been annexed into the Holy Roman Empire. What remains of her country admires her for what she's going through. Apparently some malicious rumors about the reason for this go around, claiming a plague spawned from the swamps as the cause.
+ Not even a hint about the father of her children, nothing at all. They are chillin' somewhere, under the protection of the remaining elite guard.

As far as i know Hilde and Siegfried's relationship status is "Sworn Friends" or Sworn Allies. Basically bestest bros for life. In even lamer terms you could say Siegfried got friend-zoned. I dont think there is any news as to the father of her children.

Yoshimitsu
Thank you for the information! This is very interesting. It's too bad about SC5's story mode, I would've loved to see all this stuff in the actual game. The stuff about the new Yoshimitsu not being able to control the demon blade very well is especially intriguing, I hope we'll see more about that in future games.
Thanks again!

Viola
+ Also a mystery. She apparently woke up in some ruined/ravaged town deep within a forest, with the orb already at her side. She knows nothing about it or its power.
+ She believes the sphere is the clue to her memories. The text throws in the alternative the orb is actually stealing her memories away.
+ Nothing about the Amy connection. Amy is actually placed separately in the charts and listed as "Missing" (Cass is also listed as such), but is not linked to anyone save Raph.
+ As a funny note, she considers Patroklos a "dog", a feeling she shares with Nightmare apparently.
Yay! Viola stuff!

Nice, thanks Tuzark, welcome back. The stuff surrounding the latter three is very curious, are we to believe Raphael's appearance in V is non-canon, or...?

Nice, thanks Tuzark, welcome back. The stuff surrounding the latter three is very curious, are we to believe Raphael's appearance in V is non-canon, or...?

More like an alternate timeslot. Think about it, his bio proves he has some canon place in the plot, the problem is where. As I mentioned in the wonderful "Raphael is Nightmare" thread, it is clear that the Raphael we see takes place sequentially after Nightmare's defeat (this also confirms Raph is Nighty so time to drop that speculation and stamp a huge FACT sticker on that debate) and, therefore, is involved in events after Patroklos and Pyyrha's story ends.

As I mentioned, with SCV's story being cut short to 1/4th the original size, we probably would have seen a bit on Viola, Raphael, and ZWEI that was never included.

In short, Raphael became active in SCV's timeframe after Graf Dumas was defeated (perhaps imprisoned for trial for his crimes; possibly even abandoned by Inferno for another host) which prompted the resurrection of Raphael (we have never seen Soul Edge willingly leave a host, nor the effects of such an event).

The Raphael we see occurs sometime after Nightmare is killed.

--Forgon

That works too, though the other instance of that, Siegfried's story in SCI, seemingly ended up not being canon. While Nightmare did go back to being Siegfried for a little while, the circumstances weren't like they were in SCI's story for him. So that's why I would think perhaps Raphael's story isn't canon.

That works too, though the other instance of that, Siegfried's story in SCI, seemingly ended up not being canon. While Nightmare did go back to being Siegfried for a little while, the circumstances weren't like they were in SCI's story for him. So that's why I would think perhaps Raphael's story isn't canon.

What story? You are basing things off an appearance. The character bios have always been the canon progression of what happened to character when transitioning from one game to the next. Raphael has no story in this game, only his appearance. In essence, I am not seeing what you are trying to tie in as evidence. Forgive me; I am an easily perplexed individual.

--Forgon

What story? You are basing things off an appearance. The character bios have always been the canon progression of what happened to character when transitioning from one game to the next. Raphael has no story in this game, only his appearance. In essence, I am not seeing what you are trying to tie in as evidence. Forgive me; I am an easily perplexed individual.

--Forgon

I'm referring to the fact that, in SCI, Siegfried had a story separate from Nightmare's and the backstory for it was that he resurrected his father as his goal as Nightmare had been, but then he realized it was just an illusion and overcame it, turning back into Siegfried and going on a journey of atonement. But in SCII a different story was given for why he turned back into Siegfried and his journey was a bid to get rid of Soul Edge once and for all, plus he would go on killing sprees in his sleep. Which is what I'm suggesting is possible for Raphael, that his story is just a pretense for him to be in the game and he actually isn't doing anything in the canon storyline of V. But we can't be sure until the next game, presumably.

I hate to be a noob and not contribute to the convos here, but I'm wondering if this artbook has any SCIV artwork.
Specifically like these of Tira.
TiraWallpaper.jpg conceptart tira.jpg
I was a fan of the artwork in the SCIV artbook compared to the SCV one, but never bought it. In fact, I would probably buy the SCIV one without question if the Tira wallpaper pic was bigger than the tiny version that was released (unlike the large second pic which I cannot seem to find any proof of existing in an actual book).

Sorry, I'm a big fan of art, and would love to support the artist rather than having pics just on my computer. When I first saw that pic through Harada's twitter, I actually became interested in Soul Calibur. But, I was kind of let down by the SCV artbook as it is...not that it isn't enjoyable, but it could have more than 2 sketches of the characters I like. If this book is just more of that, I'd rather pay money for the half-an- artbook that's in SCIV Premium...

Yep, we all know what Z.W.E.I.'s name stands for:
Z.W.E.I. = Zasalamel's White Egocentric Incarnation
Just to ruin the fun...It can't be Zas cause even if this is a new incarnation it does not have the eye that to begin with caused all this immortality stuff con Zas and no matter if he is black or white he will always have that eye.

Back