Japanese offical artbook & guide .. Cassandra, Korean, Setsuka, side story

I hate to be a noob and not contribute to the convos here, but I'm wondering if this artbook has any SCIV artwork.
Specifically like these of Tira.
View attachment 16252 View attachment 16253
I was a fan of the artwork in the SCIV artbook compared to the SCV one, but never bought it. In fact, I would probably buy the SCIV one without question if the Tira wallpaper pic was bigger than the tiny version that was released (unlike the large second pic which I cannot seem to find any proof of existing in an actual book).

Sorry, I'm a big fan of art, and would love to support the artist rather than having pics just on my computer. When I first saw that pic through Harada's twitter, I actually became interested in Soul Calibur. But, I was kind of let down by the SCV artbook as it is...not that it isn't enjoyable, but it could have more than 2 sketches of the characters I like. If this book is just more of that, I'd rather pay money for the half-an- artbook that's in SCIV Premium...
Is there even a proper artbook for SC4? I've got the one from the collector's edition, but it's really tiny. Probably only 1/4 of the size of this SC5 artbook.

The collector's edition one is what I meant by the "half-an-artbook." From what little artwork that was in it, I like the looks of it. A lot of them didn't look fully finished, and it seemed more concept based. They weren't just quick sketches, but also had a lot of colored ones. On the other hand, I own the SCV collector's edition, and the only characters off the top of my head that kind of treatment were Z.W.E.I and Viola.

After browsing this thread, it seems like the artwork in this book is just an add-on to the SCV collectors edition book. I'm not saying it's bad or anything. Just curious.

Just to ruin the fun...It can't be Zas cause even if this is a new incarnation it does not have the eye that to begin with caused all this immortality stuff con Zas and no matter if he is black or white he will always have that eye.

I was under the impression that Zasalamel did not have a traditional reincarnation and simply was reborn as the same person with the same body, appearance, and memories as the previous incarnation so that even if he was reborn, he would not look so radically different compared to his original form.

I understand this is an ambiguous topic but does anyone have any actual sources for relevant information that points out how his cycle of immortality through rebirth functions?

--Forgon

I was under the impression that Zasalamel did not have a traditional reincarnation and simply was reborn as the same person with the same body, appearance, and memories as the previous incarnation so that even if he was reborn, he would not look so radically different compared to his original form.

I understand this is an ambiguous topic but does anyone have any actual sources for relevant information that points out how his cycle of immortality through rebirth functions?

--Forgon
As per his SC3 profile he can be reborn at any place and take the form of any person.

Just to ruin the fun...It can't be Zas cause even if this is a new incarnation it does not have the eye that to begin with caused all this immortality stuff con Zas and no matter if he is black or white he will always have that eye.
But to add to the fun, remember that ZWEI is supposed to be mysterious. He probably lost his eye in Astral Chaos and bought a glass one. ...or perhaps EIN came from his eye.

The collector's edition one is what I meant by the "half-an-artbook." From what little artwork that was in it, I like the looks of it. A lot of them didn't look fully finished, and it seemed more concept based. They weren't just quick sketches, but also had a lot of colored ones. On the other hand, I own the SCV collector's edition, and the only characters off the top of my head that kind of treatment were Z.W.E.I and Viola.

After browsing this thread, it seems like the artwork in this book is just an add-on to the SCV collectors edition book. I'm not saying it's bad or anything. Just curious.
Well, the pictures posted in this thread doesn't come close to all the artwork in the book, there's a TON of sketches, many of them being different concepts (mostly for different outfits, there's no concepts for scrapped characters). As an artbook, I think it's pretty good. It definitely walks all over the small collector's thing for SC4.

surprised no one scanned it yet (or at least more of it) Maybe in another few months.

Okay, here I am back (for the most part). Sorry about the absence, but sometimes it can't be helped.

Patience is the key. Hope this post is good enough to pay it back. : )

Done, check below.

Also added it as requested by our illustrous underworld don merchant Dampierre. Mostly in thanks for getting rid of that rival of mine helping me in times of need...<nervous>And really sorry about those secrets I shouldn't have revealed gross mistakes on my part, no need to send that psycho assassin friendly fella Ludvigo to pay me a visit</nervous>. Heh heh...

It's a Fu-Ma ninja named Juju, who got possessed by Arahabaki during a mission to check the shrine where he was sealed off. Unable to either stop her or exorcise the demon, Taki shredded her apart which only really really pissed Arahabaki off. He escaped the battle and proceeded to obliterate a nearby village, after which he settled in baby Natsu. This is why Taki feels so guilty about Natsu's condition, as she was unable to control the situation which led to tragedy.

Also, 100% not her mother. Just in case.

And now to honor the character request from before. Here are a few quick facts from the characters that I have gathered.

Yoshimitsu
+ The first Yoshimitsu decided to do the succession because he felt his days were numbered, and his sword was starting to go out of control as a consecuence.
+ The new Yoshimitsu can't keep the sword under control, and worse yet his strong hatred of evildoers (specially Cervantes, who injured his beloved master/father) feeds the evil of the sword even more, making it very dangerous to him.
+ He uses the Fu-Ma Blade, which can repress evil, as a way to keep the evil sword in a stable but fragile balance. The sword, however, has a limit and Yoshi will eventually be forced to face his own personal darkness when it is reached.
+ Yoshimitsu is the one who led Leixia into the Fu-Ma village (explaining his special quotes and how the girl got into the secret village in the first place).

Z.W.E.I.
+ Almost nothing in relation to him, Z.W.E.I. is kept really mysteeeeerious!
+ He once fought alongside István Bocskai, real-life historical aristocrat from Transylvania. He was apalled at the tyrannical rule of Graf Dumas and led his army in rebellion, with Z.W.E.I. sharing his ideas and siding with him. Real-life story more-or-less goes its course, with Rudolf's brother Matthias setting up peace treaties with Bocskai only for him to be poisoned by his (now malfested) chancellor shortly afterwards. Since Dumas led the Imperial Army during this struggle, it's probably this is where they first met, and the reason why Dumas wants him dead so badly.
+ Not even him is aware of what E.I.N. is or how it came to be, it just appeared to help him when he was about to be killed.
+ Apparently, he and Rothion may have met during one of their journeys. Dunno what it means...

Viola
+ Also a mystery. She apparently woke up in some ruined/ravaged town deep within a forest, with the orb already at her side. She knows nothing about it or its power.
+ She believes the sphere is the clue to her memories. The text throws in the alternative the orb is actually stealing her memories away.
+ Nothing about the Amy connection. Amy is actually placed separately in the charts and listed as "Missing" (Cass is also listed as such), but is not linked to anyone save Raph.
+ As a funny note, she considers Patroklos a "dog", a feeling she shares with Nightmare apparently.

Raphael
+ Very little I can add about him. The charts have him only linked to Amy and a few real-life figures (he was a supporter of Henry IV, for example).
+ About Nightmare's host: Soul Edge controls the host by having imprinted his own memories into him. He has forged a new personality and past out of the selected memories of the sword, which appears to account for him using Nightmare/Siegfried's old style. Not sure if it means it was a blank state beforehand, but I tend to agree with that idea.
+ The text also implies that what Dumas really really desires is to devote his soul entirely to the sword regardless of his well-being, and mentions he overwhelms his body beyond its own limits while using the sword's power.

Hilde
+ In terms of her relationships, she and Siegfried (as well as Saria) are listed as "sworn friends" between each other, so they probably are like the new Kilik-Xianghua-Maxi power trio.
+ Hilde was forced to declare the dissolution of Wolfkrone due to the poisoned land. Its territory has been annexed into the Holy Roman Empire. What remains of her country admires her for what she's going through. Apparently some malicious rumors about the reason for this go around, claiming a plague spawned from the swamps as the cause.
+ Not even a hint about the father of her children, nothing at all. They are chillin' somewhere, under the protection of the remaining elite guard.

Now this is starting to get interesting! And to think that Viola's Orb is stealing her own memories away?! This is going to add a ton of fuel for future stories involving her (if she ever returns, that is) in the next Soul Calibur game....

And before I forget: Welcome back, Tuzark_merlire! ...And thanks again for the info! m(_ _)m

I would pay $60 if they released a super SCV. I know I shouldn't be encouraging those kinds of business practices, but I really would love to see the entire story.

Please don't support companies who do this.... (Capcom ugh...)

Seriously UMVC3 came out just a few months after MVC3's release. That wasn't cool.

Seriously UMVC3 came out just a few months after MVC3's release. That wasn't cool.

Marvel is different though, Soul Calibur V obviously had a bunch of content that had to be cut out due to time constraints. Marvel only had characters and Heroes and Heralds Mode that were left out of the ultimate version. In an updated SCV we'd get things like a real story mode, arcade endings, museum mode, characters, CaS equipment, and other little things. I think in this case it would be justified. We're missing a lot of stuff that the soul series is known for having.

Why not just release the game with all the characters and content rather than releasing updated ports of the game. Also, why not plan ahead for a sequel or follow up.

I would pay $60 if they released a super SCV. I know I shouldn't be encouraging those kinds of business practices, but I really would love to see the entire story.
They planned on making multiple games so I'd imagine they'll just hang into all of this story they didn't use until the next time. Then they can cross 'Writer' off of the budget projections. It's a win/win.

Marvel is different though, Soul Calibur V obviously had a bunch of content that had to be cut out due to time constraints. Marvel only had characters and Heroes and Heralds Mode that were left out of the ultimate version. In an updated SCV we'd get things like a real story mode, arcade endings, museum mode, characters, CaS equipment, and other little things. I think in this case it would be justified. We're missing a lot of stuff that the soul series is known for having.

I'd prefer that they didn't make an expansion because then it would screw over the people who bought SCV, and now we'd have to buy it AGAIN.

Back