Japanese offical artbook & guide .. Cassandra, Korean, Setsuka, side story

I personally prefer they either just make an upgrade or save the stuff for the (hopefully) next installment. Here crossing they get the time they need this time!

That works too, though the other instance of that, Siegfried's story in SCI, seemingly ended up not being canon.

Actually, there are a few references to his SC1 story in both 2 and 5 (the blurb about Frederick references the part about trying to see his mother). I'd assume his bio in 2 needed to heavily resume his profile, which is why most of it was left out.

does anyone have any actual sources for relevant information that points out how his cycle of immortality through rebirth functions?

There's not much said about it, really. He reincarnates each time he dies in a new body, after going through some intense pain. In terms of his appearance, the designer mentioned in an interview in the SC3 website that "It's possible [he] suppose" that Zas could have been a woman in a previous life. And that the eye, which contains his soul, is always there no matter the body.

I'm curious about any details involving Astaroth, Voldo, and Aeon.

Noted. I don't think there's much more about Aeon outside of what I said earlier, atleast in the current scans, but I'll double-check.

There's not much said about it, really. He reincarnates each time he dies in a new body, after going through some intense pain. In terms of his appearance, the designer mentioned in an interview in the SC3 website that "It's possible [he] suppose" that Zas could have been a woman in a previous life. And that the eye, which contains his soul, is always there no matter the body.
Female Zasalamel?!
WesleySnipes.jpg

1-4.jpg

Female Zasalamel actually intrigues me. Zas seems like the type of guy who would be unaffected personality wise by being a different gender. He'd still be all cryptic and world weary.

Only downside would be people saying Project Soul just turned him into a girl for the fan service.

Actually, there are a few references to his SC1 story in both 2 and 5 (the blurb about Frederick references the part about trying to see his mother). I'd assume his bio in 2 needed to heavily resume his profile, which is why most of it was left out.

Oh, really? I always figured parts of it weren't canon. For instance, doesn't Siegfried's SCI profile imply he willingly broke free of Soul Edge's control after creating an illusion of his father and it making him realize his soul was weak? Whereas in SCII it says he was beaten before he could even complete Soul Edge(which was supposed to be what would "revive" his dad IIRC) and he broke free because Soul Edge was shattered by Xianghua.

+ Wuxin once served as an instructor to Xianghua. He has great expectatives for his son Leixin to take up politics.
+ Leixin is very smart, able to attend university at only 13, but he's no good fighter (gets always beaten by Leixia).
I'm not surprised that Leixin would be the "Lucius" in the family, but I'm beginning to see an idea with this character outside of the fighting aspect of the story.
+ Salia was originally very tomboyish, but started acting more woman-like after Sieg's disappearence, having realized how much he cared for him.
It's pretty obvious these two will become a couple, or married at some point. Not sure why they aren't now, because their biological clock is almost at 6, or at least Siegfried's is.

Oh, really? I always figured parts of it weren't canon. For instance, doesn't Siegfried's SCI profile imply he willingly broke free of Soul Edge's control after creating an illusion of his father and it making him realize his soul was weak? Whereas in SCII it says he was beaten before he could even complete Soul Edge(which was supposed to be what would "revive" his dad IIRC) and he broke free because Soul Edge was shattered by Xianghua.

In the complete Japanese profile for Siegfried, it seems more clearly that the whole "ressurection" was entirely an illusion/dream created by Siegfried's addled mind. Fred gets to talk a bit more, being the one who "refloats" Sieg's memories about the massacres as well as telling him straight-on he was his killer. This "dream" could have went through after his defeat as stated in his bio in 2.

You can take the beginning that states he was ressurected by the sword being completed as Sieg deluding himself into believing he actually reached his goal. The SC1 bio is a bit vague about this though, which is probably to avoid directly confirming Nightmare got beaten at all before the sequel. But in any case, it sounds like the typical "subconscious-takes-the-form-of-beloved" sort of dream, made possible thanks to the loosening of Soul Edge's grip on Sieg's mind.

It's pretty obvious these two will become a couple, or married at some point. Not sure why they aren't now, because their biological clock is almost at 6, or at least Siegfried's is.

Indeed. You can see shades of this in Hilde's bio the previous game, with her going to see Hilde before she leaves for war and begging her to help him, and to give him some sort of pendant or necklace (which should really have showed up in her ending, such wasted opportunity...)

Both are probably too busy running the merc group and fighting malfested to sort those details between them. Hopefully, this is not left hanging...

Hey Tuzark, is there anything in the book with alittle more details on Night Terror besides the fact that he's flying around Astral Chaos? Oh, and Algol as well? I would really like to know (;^.^)>

In the complete Japanese profile for Siegfried, it seems more clearly that the whole "ressurection" was entirely an illusion/dream created by Siegfried's addled mind. Fred gets to talk a bit more, being the one who "refloats" Sieg's memories about the massacres as well as telling him straight-on he was his killer. This "dream" could have went through after his defeat as stated in his bio in 2.

You can take the beginning that states he was ressurected by the sword being completed as Sieg deluding himself into believing he actually reached his goal. The SC1 bio is a bit vague about this though, which is probably to avoid directly confirming Nightmare got beaten at all before the sequel. But in any case, it sounds like the typical "subconscious-takes-the-form-of-beloved" sort of dream, made possible thanks to the loosening of Soul Edge's grip on Sieg's mind.

Ah, alright, thanks. Man, I wish I could read the long bios from those older artbooks.

No problem, STIATG.

Hey Tuzark, is there anything in the book with alittle more details on Night Terror besides the fact that he's flying around Astral Chaos? Oh, and Algol as well? I would really like to know (;^.^)>

I'm pretty sure there's nothing else about Night Terror outside that short bio blurb. He's not referenced in any of the charts, at the very least.

I'll see what I can get about our resident ancient badass king.

surprised no one scanned it yet (or at least more of it) Maybe in another few months.

I actually sat down to do just this earlier this week, having finally received my package from Play Asia. Then I opened the box and found that they sent me a Dark Souls artbook instead. When I'm no longer in return Hell, I'll have the whole thing scanned and sent to anyone able to translate it, but yeah, you may be right about it being a few months, at this rate. There's a whole lot in there that hasn't been posted though.

I believe there was a blurb about Necrid wielding the sword 400 B.C?

And that he was from northern Europe?

Back