JGing Tech Catches

what do you mean re JG? if i JUG pyrrahs 22A-> 22B BE she is getting stepped and then bombed, there is no re JG.
Leixia can Re-JG something after her Wrk gets JGed because it's very safe. I think the only thing that can punish it is Alpha's CE.

I am personally very excited by the discovery of the JUG (that's what we're calling it now right?)

It really doesn't ruin the game, I think it adds more depth. No one will be able to JUG 100% consistently every time, so it is a huge risk itself. People can't mindlessly throw out full tech traps anymore. You know, the ones that have no risk because they will hit OTG opponents anyway? Where's the depth in that? Now people have the chance to retaliate, or fail and get hit with a continued combo as a result of the tech trap.

Also, has anyone tried to JUG Viola's 2B+K BE post 6A+B slightly charged? This could completely shut down many of her extreme damage combos. (Side note: teching to Viola's left after 6A+B gives you the highest chance of avoiding 2B+K BE. But if the combo is timed right this will act as a tech trap, and she can continue her combo even further for more damage. This is the situation where JUG would be useful.)

I think it's pretty good and adds quite a bit of depth. Not all players use tech traps, it's extremly hard, and, in most cases, is very good risk and reward. People still aren't accustomed to JGing in yigh level...and I really only think that a select few will take advantage of it way down the line, so it becomes that much more about knowng your opponent.

It doesn't add depth, it adds the ability for someone that should take extra damage, to get up, ignore the damage, and punish adequately to where this should be removed. I've been able to do this with like a 5% frequency using the combo in the video on page one. Yes it is very hard but with enough practice and knowledge, someone might be able to do it consistently enough to where you simply cant tech trap them, and they get to punish you every time because they got to JG your tech trap. Everyone who says "it adds depth", i'd like to see fight an opponent who can do this frequently, and see what kind of depth that would add.

TL;DR Patch this crap out.

How is it any worse than JG at disadvantage in that regard, then? Does it just harm your main more than other characters, or is there something else I'm just not seeing?

Mind you, I also play a character who depends heavily on tech traps for damage and I see how problematic it can be for my prefered character. The execution barrier for this technique doesn't change its power of course, but it would seem to be like a Patsuka player that lands every JF every time and JGs everything: possible and certainly gamechanging when you encounter it, but something so phenomenally rare that at this point one player per tourney able to perform it would be quite a sight.

It doesn't add depth, it adds the ability for someone that should take extra damage, to get up, ignore the damage, and punish adequately to where this should be removed. I've been able to do this with like a 5% frequency using the combo in the video on page one. Yes it is very hard but with enough practice and knowledge, someone might be able to do it consistently enough to where you simply cant tech trap them, and they get to punish you every time because they got to JG your tech trap. Everyone who says "it adds depth", i'd like to see fight an opponent who can do this frequently, and see what kind of depth that would add.

TL;DR Patch this crap out.

If every character has access to this ability and its not set to any specific/ single character, that means it has added "depth" into the game all around...no character at this point has any advantage on tech traps over another character...its "universal game depth". IMHO, i think its a good thing that its possible...you wanna eat ridiculously damaging tech traps all day? or wake ups that can lead to blocking a move that will crush guard in no time?...even wake up attacks( forced blocked moves) aren't guaranteed and can be JG'ed as well and even then its not gonna be easy to JG because attack speeds/levels and ranges can change at any time...but that is what mix-ups are, once again adding MORE "universal game depth"...this leads to every character in the game having a fighting chance on defense...combos are still guaranteed(some more damaging than others) and so are whiff punishing a whiffed attack, everywhere else every character has an even chance....universal character balance.

I love it.

And why the hell does 8wr have this weird misconception that everything that doesn't go by some design is automatically either broken or just retarded?

It's not gonna completely destroy the game or anything. Jeez...

And why the hell does 8wr have this weird misconception that everything that doesn't go by some design is automatically either broken or just retarded?

It's not gonna completely destroy the game or anything. Jeez...

Because the difference between GameFAG and 8WR is our scrubs have been to tourneys, as opposed to the GameFAG scrubs wich are just as bad but haven't. Y'know, helps to boost the ego.

not everyone at 8WR is against this. i like it, its interesting and difficult and if you mess up there are serious consequences. i liken it to 2G from SC2, a universal defensive mechanic that had weaknesses but made the game deeper overall.

been working on pyrrahs 22A into 66B BE

Very interesting find...
Kind of embarrassing for most that we hadn't thought of it earlier.
Pressing G is weak to TT, but taping it...beats it! lol

its technically one press and one tap. you have to hit G once to tech, let go and then tap for the JG in time with the move.

Can't get this to work using Astaroth.

1P 4B held from F0-30.
2P 6G on F75 (= first chance to input ukemi, using 6G to prevent whiffs but have tested others)
1P 2K on F83 (F78-83 are valid inputs for tech catches)
2P 2G input on F93-99 do not give JGs.

If 1P inputs 2K on F84, you can 2P JG on F97, release F98).

NM vs NM
1P 6K F0
2P 2G F58 (first)
1P 1A F30 (buffered, so timing isn't important)
2P NM can JG with 2G on F77 only. And even then, timing seems tricky. Holding F76-77 will give JG. Holding F75-77 will not.

So the input requirements aren't as lose as standard JG (perhaps related to the initial G press for the ukemi?)

I can't do a simple combo consistently or pull of a simple just guard. Only pulled it once by accident.

Until I can get at least a tech trap down and a few other combos then count me out.

Posting it here, because i think technically it's a ukemi JG.
If anyone has more information about it, please share.

Watch in HD!Kappa

I asked noodalls, but he can't get it. In fact, anyone who tried in pratice mode couldn't get it (afaik), but it happened in VS matches already. Maybe you can only do it in VS mode? Or Astaroths CH 6B combo has different properties if you record it? Remember Cervantes 4(B) (B) into iGDR in SC4? Or it's only possible from 2P side. Also the CPU ONLY does it if you would win the round with the combo, so maybe you can only do it with low life.

Noodalls PM:

Couldn't find it.

Tested with Astaroth.

6B 22K 22B all at earliest timings.

First checked out when you can JG 22B if you block the rest. F166-171 will JG. Slightly range dependent it seems.

Then found out when you can input tech for CH 6B 22K. F159 onwards.

Tried the JG on all variations of ASAP tech roll timing. Tried JG on first frame of window for all tech roll timings. Tried all tech roll-neutral frame-JG timings.

Nothing. Also tried 2G,8G and G alone.

Not saying that it can't be done, but perhaps if people claim it can, they could record it in practice mode with input analysis on, upload that so that I can get a better idea of the timing.

I remember when I looked into nightmare's ukemi-JG it wasn't particularly intuitive/straightforward either.

Mitsu Ukemi'd between 6B and 22K changing the entire stun animation. I think that's the answer because 22K ukemi stun is shorter than without ukemi.

Back