JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven

FreeMeal

[13] Hero
Namco Bandai has announced a new JoJo game: Eyes of Heaven.

Supposedly its a tag-battle game in '3D arena brawls'. It's a bit hard to tell at this point if that means it will be like naruto, j-stars, or ASB with tag added on (it had side-stepping so it counts as a 3D game). No mention of CC2 in the scan, but others have commented that it was like that when ASB was announced.

Here's a link: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/16/jojos-bizarre-adventure-eyes-heaven-announced-ps4-ps3/

There's a scan floating around, and a loosely translated one too. I don't know the site's policy on linking/posting scans so I left it out.
The scan shows off Stroheim and Diego.

We should know more this weekend at Jump Festa, where there will be a demo. The same demo will come to ps3/ps4 soon after, so we can all give it a try. I'm still crossing my fingers that it leans more towards ASB depth.

Here's the trailer!

Looks like CC2's Naruto style games mixed with a bit of Gundam VS., but with a ton of different ways to do stage interactions. Other fighting games like Injustice have a 'press button here to use object', but it looks like every character will be able to interact with the stage their own way. The demo is only 1 player, and has pre-chosen teams to pick from, but the final game should be multilayer and you can choose your own teams.

So based on the trailer, it looks like you can have both players on each team fighting out on the field at once! Wonder if it will have co-op, or 4 player mode? That would be interesting for sure. I hope we get a Western release. I am not sure how well ASB did over here, or if that really matters, but I am curious what the likelihood of us getting the game is.

On a side not, I am quite excited to see what the final roster will be. Take the ASB roster and add in some more characters and I think that everything will be great! I would personally love to see F.F. added into the mix as she deserves some recognition. Anyone else got someone they would like to see on the roster, or any desired changes to ASB characters?

EDIT: Also hooray Diego Brando!

Some more tidbits:

It seems the game in 1 Player Offline, with online multiplayer. Also, at least as we know now, you can only control 1 character and can't switch to your partner. I don't know as of yet if it will support up to 4 players online or if two players will have to rely on AI.

Here's someone's impressions with the demo: http://www.shonengamez.com/2014/12/...eyes-heaven-jump-festa-2015-demo-impressions/

There's also a 'burst' option to break combos, so infinite combos like in J-Stars won't be as much a problem here.

Also, believe it or not, they've announced a new patch for ASB: v1.50. If this turns out to be anything more significant that taking the changes from the US release and applying them to JP versions, I'll update that thread.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what that means, but there's a rumor going around that F.F and Yukako are in. We'll have to wait a bit for the respective scans to come out later this month.

That scan I mentioned might be wrong...

But a new scan has surfaced, confirming Speedwagon as a playable character. It's floating around right now.

A new scan is out, showing screenshots of a new stage: Part1 Joestar Mansion.

There's also a screen of Speedwagon charging in alongside some of his Ogre street buddies.

Oh a demo? I will need to put my Japanese account onto my PS4 then. The gameplay looks like something I will enjoy, but I won't know until I play it myself. Also the reused models are really making me hope they will have the entire roster from the last game.

Unfortunately it looks like you can't play as Diego yet, but I can wait. I am really late saying this also, but I am very happy with Speedwagon being added.

Probably, but it's possible we'll see ASB2 somewhere down the line. I don't have a ps4 so I can't try it myself. MyonTsun, if you do give it a shot be sure to give some impressions!

I am currently away from my College Home at the moment where my PS4 is so I won't be able to post any impressions for a while. I will be sure to let you know my opinion when I do get to play the game though! Sorry for the delay (and that I don't talk as much as I should on here...)

An ASB sequel would be nice, but I don't think we will be seeing one for quite a while. I too am also pretty sure that the one on Play Asia may have just been Eyes of Heaven as they were both set for a March release this year.

No problem MyonTsun, take all the time you need.

I was thinking that we'll see ASB2 a while after Eyes of Heaven as well.

Some new videos:

A new video showing added gameplay features, based on feedback they got from the demo:

The reactions they got from the demo were largely negative, so it's good to see CC2 take it to heart and improve the game.
In this vid you can see the gaudy HUD was toned waaay down, more movement options and timers indicating when moves have re-charched, amongst other things.

Gameplay of a new demo, featuring a Jotaro (messing around with the features) and a Kars (more serious play):

You can see that the annoying slowdown has been removed when comboing your opponent. If you want to do a 'team juggle', both players have to be close and they have to both taunt (push in the touch pad) to trigger slow down. You can also see a new wall-splat mechanic, which allows you to continue combos even more.

New trailer showing off Speedwagon, Mariah, N'doul, and Yukako gameplay:

They've also announced a new demo coming 'soon', where more characters will be available, you can make your own teams, and most importantly, online play will be available.

Looking forward to trying it myself.

I'm starting to get hyped myself. Hopefully I can make a JP account to get the demo. I hope I like it.

THE DEMO IS OUT.

You need a Japanese account. Supposedly, you do NOT need PS+ to play the online mode.

There's a lot to get a handle of, but once I started getting used to it, I started having fun.

I know EVO is taking up people's time, but if you got some spare time then give it a shot.

EDIT:

Here's vid of me playing a bit:

Last edited:
The following has been confirmed in the latest Ultra Jump:

Kira, Fatty, and Akira have been revealed as playable characters.

The story mode is being supervised be Araki himself. There looks to be some form of cut-scenes now. May or may not be an original story.

There will be no paid DLC, or any micro-transactions. A big improvement over ASB, if they keep their word.

314-lol-whats-going-on-in-this-thread.png

Back