Just Attacks

Fully hardened, ready to JF.
my_body_is_ready.png

Really? I find its easier to punish than umbrella was...
That said, I don't play online any more, lol.
yeah it doesnt knock back as much as umbrella, but against most of the supposed good players who run around with A1 on, you force them into a guard frenzy by constantly throwing them out lol
But why you would wanna play with him is beside me, I was playing sc4 the other day with setsuka, he is so stiff and meh to her

What would you say if I told you Whoahhzz considers Alpha Upper mid and Lolo only considers him mid?
To an extent I agree.
Also check my sig, I'm mainly seconding Yoshimitsu these days.

As much as I enjoy the banter, I am however charged with keeping this SA in order so please keep on topic from now on man =)
(See you at edgemaster series in May bro =))

lol oh serious syn is out to play, I would agree with Woahhz, The fact he has a -12 punisher and combo damage 2nd only to viola without the need for full bars, kinda says it all. If I didnt fnd him dull and stiff I would without a doubt pick him.

Perhaps on brightly lit stages I pay less attention to what kind of Twister I'm doing - still keep an eye on the telltale green circle, but I rely on heraing sometimes.

Normal Twister : "Uwoooo!"
JF Twister : "Sangen!" ( Sounds like that)

On pad an easy way of getting the JF pretty much 95 % of the time is to put your right thumb over the right analog and after pressing 2143 sliding your thumb toward B (with some downward pressure) , hence pressing A in the way. I get it almost every time, and its how I used to do iMCF and Umbrella in SC4.

I use an old PS2 pad that can turn off the analogs so I never have to worry bout missed inputs from the analog but it works just as well with a regular PS3 pad.

whether you use stick or pad, is irrelevant, the thing that makes it JF is the a:B and if its the same as setsuka doesnt have to be that fast just clean, so you only press B when you have let go of A

I have a foolish question. Lets say I never really get the grasp of these Justframes, can this character still be utilized very well? Obviously not utilizing the frames is like using a sword with the sheath still on. But can this character still cause havoc ?

I have a foolish question. Lets say I never really get the grasp of these Justframes, can this character still be utilized very well? Obviously not utilizing the frames is like using a sword with the sheath still on. But can this character still cause havoc ?
He can still be played, but unlike most other characters where their JFs are for "style", Alpha's JFs are legitimately his best moves.

FC/2143a:B (aka JF Twister/Umbrella/O)
Absolutely mandatory. This is required to get optimal damage out of both of his throws, most of his combos, and is generally the best no-meter punish tool in the game.

1B:B
No meter combo starter, leads to 100+ damage combos on hit, and is safe (-8) on block. Mandatory.

FC/2143B:B :(BE)
Essential tool for many combos. One of his easier JFs, but not to be ignored.

1A:A :A
His best low. I used to question the utility of this move, until I started landing it consistently. It has a deceptive animation, does a tonne of damage, and also has the psychological effect of making your opponent go "oh shit... this guy knows just frames..."

ag:B
This is pretty "optional", imo. You can play Alpha fine without it (though it's a good tool to have, especially in wall combos), and it's a very risk tool. Still, awesome tech crouch, excellent damage. Very unsafe on block. Also, one of his best tools for breaking guard.

BT B+K:B
This has utility. It's not essential, but really helps BT options.

Moral of the story is this:
If you're deciding to learn Alpha, you're deciding to learn just frames. If you can't/don't want to learn them, pick another character.

He can still be played, but unlike most other characters where their JFs are for "style", Alpha's JFs are legitimately his best moves.

FC/2143a:B (aka JF Twister/Umbrella/O)
Absolutely mandatory. This is required to get optimal damage out of both of his throws, most of his combos, and is generally the best no-meter punish tool in the game.

1B:B
No meter combo starter, leads to 100+ damage combos on hit, and is safe (-8) on block. Mandatory.

FC/2143B:B :(BE)
Essential tool for many combos. One of his easier JFs, but not to be ignored.

1A:A :A
His best low. I used to question the utility of this move, until I started landing it consistently. It has a deceptive animation, does a tonne of damage, and also has the psychological effect of making your opponent go "oh shit... this guy knows just frames..."

ag:B
This is pretty "optional", imo. You can play Alpha fine without it (though it's a good tool to have, especially in wall combos), and it's a very risk tool. Still, awesome tech crouch, excellent damage. Very unsafe on block. Also, one of his best tools for breaking guard.

BT B+K:B
This has utility. It's not essential, but really helps BT options.

Moral of the story is this:
If you're deciding to learn Alpha, you're deciding to learn just frames. If you can't/don't want to learn them, pick another character.

Seems fair enough. Two more foolish questions. Is he truly usable online? And is he really worth the hassle? It seems playing this character is like learning the EWGF in Tekken. Im not really planning attending any tournaments any time soon, id only play online. He looks fun, but not sure if "fun" is what Ill get out of playing him. Thoughts?

Back