Just Attacks

If command history show 2143a:B and character make fc3B then it means you buffer all 2143a:B in recovery.
So everything is ok since you cant buffer it all, game will read your input as 2143B.

As you probably know, JF twister have its conditions while making it from neutral. a:B must be 2 frames slide where A and B cant be pressed in the same frame. So letting go A before pressing B.

Now if you watched my Sets "how to" from sc4 you probably remember that i showed there umbrella from neutral and in combo. From neutral both techniques are good for JFT and work if done right. But in umbrella while combo i done that with other technique, by simply pressing A (2-3 frames later) B without letting A go. In command history it would look like AA+B (and its invalid input to get JF from neutral). This is where i used "2143A buffering, timing B" method and it work also here since i used it in first month of playing this game (now i use 2 fingers scratching method because it's better for online and double twisters).

You must also remember that 3a:B doesn't mean you always cancel first frame od 2A to twister. It's true if you doing it from neutral, because fastest possible twister from neutral will be 16 framer (i12 + 4 inputs). But from recovery it's 12 framer. If you do 2143A in recovery and B first frame after recovery for game it will be perfect 2143a:B. Buffering system allows for that because in it, it doesn't matter if your character is on some state (like 2A), if you pressed it, thats enough for him. This system works in many things in the game like example FC/WS moves from first frame after standing state, or standing moves from first frame while being crouch state.

It punishes -12 moves... Dear god I knew it was good but damn. Great Video by the way I picked up Alpha recently and this Video is sure to help me out.

Yeah, no one's going to punish every -i12 move in the game though, especially not in a tournament. Way too many variables and forces a mental block on the aPat player.

ok i use a ps3 controller and was wondering what would be a better way to do a just frame twister. The D-pad or analog stick?

I got sticky fingers, so I find it helps that I place a tissue on my 360 pad for JF Twisters. Got to get that a:B slide right~

And HELL, yes, early on I was constantly getting WS A. That was annoying!

I find I get 3A alot. I'm assuming this is most likely because I buffer 214 too early or just wrong.
After playing aPat for an hour or so my fingers stop listening to my brain and just mash the directional buttons in hopes for a twister.

(On a side note my fingers still aren't quick enough to get JF twister from standing. In a combo however it comes out...)

Try doing 2143 gently. Not too hard, mind.. take as much time as you want with that, really. Then simply slide aB with your thumb or whatnot. Again, its not how hard you have to press the buttons.

If you're getting 3A, then you aren't hitting B, at least not fast enough. =)
I don't think so. 3A is probably indicative of a botched 214 buffer. If you 214 correctly and hit 3A but miss the B, you should get an FC 2A, or possibly a WR A (if you released 3). 3A would only come out if the 214 buffer didn't work, because you should be FC, from which you can't access 3A without an RCC.

Try doing 2143 gently. Not too hard, mind.. take as much time as you want with that, really. Then simply slide aB with your thumb or whatnot. Again, its not how hard you have to press the buttons.

I try not to hit the buttons too hard. I think I might just be panicking and not hitting the input cleanly, since doing the twister too slow means you whiff and eat damage :(
I'll try to slow down and make sure the inputs are clean.

If you're getting 3A, then you aren't hitting B, at least not fast enough. =)

Wouldn't I get FC A or something instead if I'm too slow with B?
(Bleh- Ninja'd by b4k4)
Regardless I'll just have to keep practicing until I can get this.

Btw: Everyone, I am proud to report that my JF Twister callous is in full effect. After relentlessly training since launch, I can no longer feel anything through the tip of my right index finder. Fully hardened, ready to JF.

Bring it on!

215533601_JCQgL-L-2.jpg

Back